DOOM Hero

Edsel

Has anybody ever done any work on making up the marines, weapons and monsters from Doom for Hero System?

Long ago I made some of it up and we played a game or two but now all that data has disappeared.:(

I may have to come up with a one-shot game for our group tomorrow night (Nov. 12th) and this is one of the things I am toying with.

Re: DOOM Hero

Has anybody ever done any work on making up the marines, weapons and monsters from Doom for Hero System?

Long ago I made some of it up and we played a game or two but now all that data has disappeared.:(

I may have to come up with a one-shot game for our group tomorrow night (Nov. 12th) and this is one of the things I am toying with.

Not certain if they are 4th edition or 5th but take a look here:

http://surbrook.devermore.net/doomedhero/doomhero.html

-Carl-

Doh! I should have thought about checking to see if Surbrook's Stuff had anything. Thanks for putting me on the right track.

Dave has also accepted a proposal for First Person Shooter Hero as a DH article. I have an outline ready, and want to concentrate on the DC angle of things. Making it less of "kill things & grab stuff" and more of creative use of skills, puzzles, and such. Oh, and killing things and grabbing stuff.

The writeups I sampled are definitely for 5E' date=' and up to Michael Surbrook's usual high standard. This gives you pretty much everything you'd need for a one-shot, since it was designed with convention play in mind. You even have a "sample level" with map. :thumbup:[/quote']

Actually.... I need to edit the top page and fix the space marine. Otherwise, yes, the monsters are 5th Edition. Although the zombies might need work as I recently found out more on what needs to be triple cost for an automaton.

(Oh, and I have thought about QUAKE II for HERO too....)