Is this guy BS?

tunglashr

I have had this villain idea for a while, and Im finally going to use him. The game is a 300 pt game, with a 60 pt active max. This guy is a major villain, he is 400 so he and a few agents will fight the players. This is only a first draft, and Id like any input you guys have on what might be done wrong, how I can improve him, and whether or not the idea sucks.

He is called the Mime. Everybody hates mimes, and the heroes will totally hate this guy. Virtually anything he can mime, he can do. His hammer, punch etc is BOECV, so he will nail the players with it and it will hurt. He's nearly untouchable in hth. He will be fun to play, and will allow a lot of creativity.

One question is, he already has stretching, if he isnt using his special attacks and movements pool, can he buy more stretching and add it, thereby increasing his range? It sounds to me like he can.

I think this is a great 4-color hero idea, but I could totally see how the players will think its bs. Also, would it be overboard to have a partner of his, Hush, who creates darkness to hearing or something of the like so the players also cant talk or use sonic powers when he is around?

I tell you what, when/if the players ever beat him, they will LOVE it.

Re: Is this guy BS?

You want to grab and move stuff at a range with the power of your mind? Take 10 STR Telekinesis and by all means add BOECV if you feel it's appropriate. For the Miming aspect, just add the Gestures lim.

Want to do 8d6 damage at similar range? either bump that TK up to 40 STR worth of TK (expensive) or take a vs PD Energy Blast with similar power advantages (Indirect, BOECV) and lims (Gestures).

Not sure what kind of OCV/DCV you have in your game, but an 18 DCV is probably going to be complety frustrating to some players (the more physical combatants) and mostly pointless to others (Egoists and anyone with AOE or Explosion attacks).

Re: Is this guy BS?

Whether he's bs or not is going to depend more on how you play him then on what his points and powers are. Gimmick-wise, there's not alot separating the Joker from Merry Andrew of CLOWN. It's all in the personality, goals, and motivations of the character and how the character is presented to the players.

Now I have the Wierd Al song "She Never Told Me She Was a Mime" running through my head. Thanks... Thanks a lot.