Online UNTIL SUPERPOWERS DATABASE Page Now Available!

Steve Long

Personally I'm anxious to see what the first ideas are that people come up with.

The first one's up already, under "Ice And Cold Powers."

If I have some additional options for a power already in the USPD, how would I format it?

In general, I would rather not take additional options for existing powers; it will just get too confusing. It also runs counter to the idea of perhaps someday publishing the Online USPD powers in a book. I'd prefer for the Online USPD submissions to be completely new powers.

I picked up mine at my FLGS and a group was playing Champions while I was there. I showed it to them, almost all saw something to drool over (even if it was only the pic of Howler) and several now want the book.

TimS.

Hero products can sell themselves.

Originally posted by Steve Long

Woohoo! I am so smart...I am so smart...S-M-R-T...I mean S-M-A-R-T...(singing this as I light fire to my college diploma, dreaming of my own Winterhawk sourcebook :P )

BTW Steve, thanks for getting the last name right.

I've seen it -- a very cool and clever application that I never would have thought of myself. :D
In general, I would rather not take additional options for existing powers; it will just get too confusing. It also runs counter to the idea of perhaps someday publishing the Online USPD powers in a book. I'd prefer for the Online USPD submissions to be completely new powers.
Oh, well.... :( I guess I can always go with "(Variant)" powers if I have something really different. :)

If I have more than one (and I do have a bunch), would it be better to send them all together as one file, or separately?

Guest Worldmaker

The FLGS does not as yet have the USPD, but I have some ideas for powers that I have been assured (by Andy the Art Director) do not appear in said tome.

In which category would side-effects of superhuman intelligence belong?

Other Uses

Steve, as I was reading this book I came to a realization: This book is too limited in its title. Because, in my opinion, I don't think this is just a superpowered Database. It should also be called the Fantasy Hero Spellbook.

I mean, you have your colleges, you have your variants, and all of these 'powers' would make truly awesome spells.

Thanks for a wonderful resource. I'm sure this will help no matter what genre I try to apply it in.

Originally posted by Worldmaker

The FLGS does not as yet have the USPD, but I have some ideas for powers that I have been assured (by Andy the Art Director) do not appear in said tome.

These, I think, would be scattered around the book a bit. If you can't fit them into Mental And Psionic Powers, Emotion Control Powers, or Hypersenses, just use Miscellaneous Powers. :)

Well done

After reading everyones comments and reading my own copy all I can say is WELL DONE . I agree with the premise of the book and look forward to the on-line UNTIL Superpowers Database . I can see why Hero Games is so widely reguarded by everyone and why Champions IS the Ultimate Super Hero RPG and it just keeps getting better . Looking forward to future products .

It seems all my questions have been answered .

That depends on the power itself; I can think of several categories (Body Control, Emotion Control, Hypersenses, Mental & Psionic, etc.) that might apply. When you submit, take your best guess, and I'll make a decision after I review the power.

Steve, as I was reading this book I came to a realization: This book is too limited in its title. Because, in my opinion, I don't think this is just a superpowered Database. It should also be called the Fantasy Hero Spellbook.

I mean, you have your colleges, you have your variants, and all of these 'powers' would make truly awesome spells.

Thanks for a wonderful resource. I'm sure this will help no matter what genre I try to apply it in.

Thanx! Glad you're enjoying it. I'm sure that having USPD on hand will make my job writing the actual Fantasy Hero Grimoire much easier.

I agree with the premise of the book and look forward to the on-line UNTIL Superpowers Database.

Just in case it's not clear, the Online USPD is already available; you can get to it via the book's page in the "Our Products" section.

Guest Worldmaker

That depends on the power itself; I can think of several categories (Body Control, Emotion Control, Hypersenses, Mental & Psionic, etc.) that might apply. When you submit, take your best guess, and I'll make a decision after I review the power.

As you probably guessed, it was the Perfect Planning power that I submitted to you this afternoon that concerned me, as none of the other categories seemed appropriate. I ended up making it Miscellaneous.