Lagomorph HERO

Guest daeudi_454

Guest daeudi_454

I know it will be a nightmare to find players- all of my regulars laughed at the idea...

Bunnies & Burrows

The Beastiary would cover a lot- but would you 'scale' the characteristics?

The rest of it would work pretty well and be simple to convert... especially from GURPS.

(Although I would kill for even a PDF of the FGU version.)

The big question is scale for things like STR, damage, etc.

Also- anyone interested in playing?

(besides Keyes_bill? :P kidding)

Re: Lagomorph HERO

If I were going to run a "rabbit-centered" game, or any other where creatures smaller than human were the PC and NPC norm, I would build said creatures as normal characters with whatever other package of default abilities I'd consider appropriate for the species. Characteristics, Damage and so on would follow the human standard. I'd then use the size differences between them and other creatures in the Bestiary (Mass, DCV bonuses or penalties, etc.) as guidelines for what penalties human-sized opponents should have, and what Characteristic ranges would be appropriate.

I wouldn't try to make the DCV stats for published creatures square with the new standard, because those were all written relative to a human baseline, and you're now working from a bunny baseline. ;)

Siflay hraka' date=' embleer-rah.[/quote']

and to post publicly what I said privately to Daeudi...

no insult was intended...but I had to head to work before I realized that I should probably clarify...

I was just showing off my knowledge of Lapin, and quoting Thayli, aka Bigwig, when he was facing General Woundwort. I'll edit the post appropriately.

no harm intended, and sorry if'n you took offence.

And BTW, If you understood the phrase well enough to feel insulted, then you speak enough Bunny to have earned my respect (not that you haven't from some other posts as well)

A baseline rabbit character in a rabbit world should have the ability to lift one rabbit, however much that is. Let's say 3 kg.

10 STR = 3 kg lift. base the whole scale off of that.

Lapine STR scale

10 STR = 3 kg Baseline Bunny STR, 2d6 HTH

15 STR = 6 kg

20 STR = 12 kg

25 STR = 25 kg

30 STR = 50 kg

35 STR = 100 kg = Baseline Human STR, 7d6 HTH

Keith "How much STR does a human have? Hrair." Curtis

Guest daeudi_454

Well-= if based on the GURPS premise that a rabbit pound is 1/40 of a Human pound than a rabbit has a STR of -16 , which we would round to -15. Giving humans a base of 35.

now, with that part figured out, it does give me another question.....

Would I add 5 Damage Classes to everything else? Cat's claws, Crow beaks, to guns...

Guest daeudi_454

Amadan, changing from just the phrase to a quote is a big help...

Probably doesn't help that I sometimes mutter that phrase to my boss, though :D.

I have the book, the sequel, the movie, and the 2 DVDs based on the events in the book after the movie.Oh yes, I understand Lapine.

In fact, somewhere I dissected Adams use of certain sounds and had it set up to 'do a kilingon' to the languge: Then I realized I was being a fanboy of bunnies and decided to hide it before even my daughter mocked me.

Speaking of: I think I got her hooked on Dr. Doom too young...... When I asked her if she would be interested in playing B&B, she asked if she could play Woundwart :shock::angst:

Well-= if based on the GURPS premise that a rabbit pound is 1/40 of a Human pound than a rabbit has a STR of -16 , which we would round to -15. Giving humans a base of 35.

now, with that part figured out, it does give me another question.....

Would I add 5 Damage Classes to everything else? Cat's claws, Crow beaks, to guns...

Yes. Guns should be pretty devastating to rabbits. Of course, no one's likely to go after a rabbit with anything more than a 1+1 RKA gun to begin with, which becomes a 3d6 RKA in lapine scale. Survivable with a good roll.

All animals should be scaled up as well, at least in terms of damage, defenses and other combat effects

Keith "Must look up hrududu in the Ultimate Vehicle" Curtis

Actually, I might have to temper my previous answer about automatically adding 5 DC. That would make the minimum KA 2d6, since no write-up has a KA of less than 1 pip.

Just look at how dangerous an attack would be against a rabbit and use your best judgement.

Keith "peddling backwards" Curtis

"Siflay hraka, embleer-rah."

-Thayli, facing General Woundwort in the tunnels of the warren on Watership Down.

Wasn't it "Siflay hraka, embleer-hrair"?

[i recall rah was a term of respect for leader and hrair was the word for "many" which was the number of enemies rabbits had.]

[Why does that stick in my mind and when I'm in the shower, I can't remember if I already shampooed my hair?!]

Wasn't it "Siflay hraka, embleer-hrair"?

[i recall rah was a term of respect for leader and hrair was the word for "many" which was the number of enemies rabbits had.]

[Why does that stick in my mind and when I'm in the shower, I can't remember if I already shampooed my hair?!]

nope, it was "rah".. you're right about Hrair meaning "many".. embleer means "stinking" and is the word for enemy, because predators "stink"

so depending on how poilte you translate it, Bigwig was either calling him the Enemy King, stinking leader, or something of the sort...

Thayli, to a certain extent, did repect Woundwort... the same way you sort of respect a rapid dog who's got you cornered.

Guest daeudi_454

Although, by this point, rabbit or not, Woundwort was one of the Hrair. (the Thousand- nickname for any predator)

Scaling damage actually doesn't seem that difficult with a +5DC.... a single pip translating to 2d6 seems fair considering size....

But then how would I adjust the BOD/CON (for Stunning) and then I question PD/ED....

Darn- was hoping it would be an easy translation....

I plan on setting it here in the States, near a State Park or the like, but with suburban sprawl getting thicker... A Wal-Mart is going up... they are used to seeing humans running the paths, and they know to avoid the hrudrudu paths during the day.

My daughter suggested BunnyScape: The PCs would be hutch-born and lost, some could be squirrels or birds, or other neutral races, but it seems overly complicated.