Advantagous sfx

Sean Waters

Re: Advantagous sfx

I really don't see how you got such a blanket statement from what I posted earlier' date=' nor how it's inconsistent. Like I said, the condition can greatly change. But the starting point is if they grabbed such a thing already in that state as opposed to starting with a de facto dissolving of contact.[/quote']

I think the problem is that a "grab" can also be based on various SFX' date=' but a straight hands-on grab shouldn't be "escaped".[/quote']

That seemed pretty blanket to me. "A straight hands-on grab shouldn't be 'escaped'."

That seemed pretty blanket to me. "A straight hands-on grab shouldn't be 'escaped'."

Note that the words "straight hands-on" (which implies some solid hold) are used to qualify, escaped is in quotes and for the reason that it isn't a literal truth. "Shouldn't" also implies some wiggle room, but that's less clear I grant.

Note that the words "straight hands-on" (which implies some solid hold) are used to qualify' date=' escaped is in quotes and for the reason that it isn't a literal truth. "Shouldn't" also implies some wiggle room, but that's less clear I grant.[/quote']

Then I am sorry if I misunderstood you. It read to me as if you were saying, flatly, that a Power should not be allowed to break someone out of a grab, and that's something that I just couldn't agree with.

Then I am sorry if I misunderstood you. It read to me as if you were saying' date=' flatly, that a Power should not be allowed to break someone out of a grab, and that's something that I just couldn't agree with.[/quote']

No biggie. We probably disagree on level of this, anyway, just wanted to clarify I wasn't extreme about it.