More questions...

rayoman

I have another question that I can't seem to find the answer to in the FAQ.

There is a character in my Champions campaign that wants to buy Autofire for his STR to represent Two punches or three or four (etc). Now, if I recall the rules correctly and I remember reading either in the rules or a FAQ that once you spend END from STR in a phase you don't do it again.

1. Autofire will be a naked advantage so for a character with 60 STR will the character spend 45 END or 21 (6 for STR plus 3*5 for the END cost of naked advantage) END for a Autofire (5 shots) attack?

Thanks.

Re: More questions...

I would charge for each full instance of STR used like that.. 9END x 5 Shots for 45 END.

But I may not being doing it "correctly" ... I'd still do it like that because I think it'd be unbalancing to do otherwise if an Energy Blaster did the same.

Though, if this were a 60AP Campaign, I'd be inclined to force the Autofire onto 40 STR instead of the full 60 since I'd probably not let the Energy Blaster have a 12D6 Autofire Attack. If there's no AP Limit ignore this paragraph.

Actually, this is in the FAQ, in the Characteristics section...

Q: Since a character only pays END once per Phase for all uses of STR, does that mean if he has an Autofire STR-based attack (such as Autofire for his Punch, HA, or HKA), that he only has to pay END once no matter how many punches he throws?

A: No, he has to pay END for every punch. You correctly cite the general rule, but the potential abusiveness of that rule in this situation is obvious, so the GM should apply the standard END rule for Autofire attacks.

Actually' date=' this is in the FAQ, in the Characteristics section...[/quote']

And once more we have ample proof of why Derek's the "HERO System Rhino". ;)

(Though in all honesty, no matter what Derek chose to call himself in the form of "HERO System __________", we'd simply have to agree that he's best-suited for that, given his encylopediac knowledge of the system! :) )

Again, I'd suggest Sweep maneuver. It's free and the penalties associated with it better represent that it's harder to punch twice than it is to punch once.

I've done the AF STR thing though, but on a Matrix-like agent character who had punches that seemed to hit the target several times with a single swing.