Nanny McPhee?

Michael Hopcroft

Anyone care to try a writeup for the "government nanny" with the crooked stick and equally crooked teeth, Nanny McPhee?

(I saw the movie yesterday -- very good piece of fantasy. And Simon Brown, who seems to be the true protagonisat of the film, is a neat character -- clever but unwise, who tries to use his ingenuity to resolve his family's incrwasingly deserpate situation and, with every attempt, ends up making matters infintely worse.....)

Re: Nanny McPhee?

Out of curiosity what were some of the things she did anyhow. As in typical witch stuff or what?

Most fo her magic seemed to involve time manipulation> her most spectacular and frightening stunt was a mixture of time manipulation and physical control, in which the subjects kept repeating the actions they had already been doing at an accelrated pace while thbey were mentally aware of what was happening -- and increasingly horrified as their actions approached a catastrophic resolution at breakneck speed.

She was also able to undo everything that happened over a period of time in a specific area, use the Change Environment power with great skill (sometimes with great subtlety, and sometimes with alarming blatancy), and use full-fledged Mind Control of animals (with a little bit of TK thrown in to allow them to do things that would otherwise be impossible for them).

Her uncanny ability to suddenly be there when you ddin't expect her to be could be an application of Teleportation.

Finally, there is the matter of her appearance. Going into how you would model that would be a major spoiler, so I suggest you see the movie first before I go into it.

Re: Nanny McPhee?

I have absolutely no idea (and equal interest in) what you folx are talking about, but I saw the title and immediatly thought of the wonderful Archie McPhee.

A rubber chicken, anyone? Or how about a Martian Popping Thing®?

Or you could get truly peculiar.

:snicker:

No, I don't work for these guys, I just like their completely warped stuff