Wolverine Regeneration

Mr. Negative

Originally posted by Brandi

Good writeup, Shrike, but I'm a bit surprised by your choice of quote! I thought it was generally known that THE Wolverine quote was 'I'm the best there is at what I do-- and what I do best isn't very nice.'

I cant remember him saying that as often as he managed to work the non-word "Bub" into every other dialogue bubble ;)

Sorry...here you go

Wolverine

Player: NPC

Val Char Cost
15 STR 5
26 DEX 48
26 CON 32
26 BODY 32
9 INT -1
30 EGO 40
27 PRE 17
9 COM 0
15/27 PD 0
17/29 ED 0
6 SPD 24
25 REC 34
52 END 0
47 STUN 0
5" RUN-22" SWIM03" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 229

Cost Power END
5 Life Support , Longevity: Immortal
58 Regeneration: Healing 8d6 (max. Healed Points: 48), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (160 Active Points); Extra Time 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2) [Notes: No Healing Max (see FREd p. 120).]
36 Adamantium Skeleton: Armor (12 PD/12 ED)
84 Adamantium Claws: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 4d6 (plus STR) (vs. PD), Reduced Endurance 1/2 END (+1/4), Penetrating (+1/2) (105 Active Points); No Knockback (-1/4) 4
Powers Cost: 183

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
3 Basic Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, STR +2d6 Strike
4 Charge: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, -2 DCV, STR +2d6 +v/5 Strike, FMove
4 Counterstrike: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, STR +2d6 Strike, Must Follow Block
5 Defensive Block: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, Block, Abort
5 Defensive Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, STR Strike
4 Fast Strike: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +0 DCV, STR +2d6 Strike
5 Flying Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +4 DCV, Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove
5 Flying Grab: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, +10 STR for holding on; FMove
3 Flying Tackle: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, -1 DCV, STR +v/5 Strike; You Fall, Target Falls; FMove
4 Killing Strike: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, HKA 0 1/2d6
4 Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4 Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
4 Martial Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, STR +2d6 Strike
5 Offensive Strike: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, STR +4d6 Strike
4 Reversal: var Phase, -1 OCV, -2 DCV, +15 STR to Escape; Grab Two Limbs
11 Weapon Element: Assault Rifles/LMGs, Early Thrown Grenades, Handguns, Karate Weapons, Ninja Weapons, Rifles, Shotguns, Submachine Guns, Thrown Grenades, Thrown Sword, Two-Handed Weapons
Martial Arts Cost: 74

Cost Skill
75 +15 with HTH Combat
5 Acrobatics 15-
5 Accurate Sprayfire
7 Breakfall 16-
5 Climbing 15-
9 Interrogation 17-
5 Rapid Attack (HTH)
7 Stealth 16-
8 WF: Common Melee Weapons, Karate Weapons, Ninja Weapons, Small Arms, Thrown Sword, Vehicle Weapons
4 Animal Handler (Canines) 15-
3 Language: German (completely fluent)
1 Language: French (basic conversation)
4 Language: Japanese (idiomatic)
9 Persuasion 17-
7 Streetwise 16-
13 Survival (Arctic/Subarctic Forests, Mountain) 16-
15 Tracking 17-
Skills Cost: 182

Cost Perk
3 X-Mansion: Access
48 X-Men: Contact (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has: extremely useful Skills or resources, Very Good relationship with Contact), Organization Contact (+2) (48 Active Points) 18-
15 Avengers: Contact (Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has: extremely useful Skills or resources), Organization Contact (+2) (15 Active Points) 8-
Perks Cost: 66

Cost Talent
24 Combat Luck (12 PD/12 ED)
26 Combat Sense (Tracking) 17-
3 Lightsleep
Talents Cost: 53

Total Character Cost: 787

Val Disadvantages
35 Enraged: Combat (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 8-, Berserk
25 Psychological Limitation: Can't Remember Past (Very Common; Total)
20 Reputation: Will Kill 14- (Extreme)
10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Magnetic (Uncommon)
20 Vulnerability: 2 x Effect Electrical/Lightning (Common)
15 Hunted: Magneto 8- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish)
0 Distinctive Features: Stylish Haircut (Easily Concealed), Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses, Not Distinctive In Some Cultures

Disadvantage Points: 125

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 462

Total Experience Available: 462

Experience Unspent: 0

Now I know you're thinking there's 2 things sold down and that's not too kosher...but everything I've read or seen made me do that. If you want to put him to legality then just raise his Running to the normal 6".

Originally posted by Killer Shrike

You are forgetting SFX. There are number of schticks that can be explained away as "Regeneration".

For the annoyance scratches, thats just a SFX of Damage Resistance; he regens the damage so fast its like he never took it. 6 PD 6 ED Hardened sounds good; wont stop a bullet, but will prevent the 'death by 1000 cuts' of Lady Deathstrike.

As for the bullet to the head, thats just a classic example of a high STUN multiple going off. Little BODY got through, but the STUN was too much and knocked him out. Same with the car crash; he got knocked into "GMs discretion land" by the STUN.

For the Quick Recovery, give Wolvie a REC equal to his STUN and END, or very close. Even a REC of say 30 would bring him to his feet ready to rumble fast once he was allowed to take a Recovery by the GM. An impractically high REC could be an interesting facet for a regenerator.

Vs the sleeping darts, twofold; give him both LS vs All toxins and All Poisons with the Extra Time (Extra Segment) and Requires CON Roll limitations. Also, give him Power Defence to make him resistant to Drain based poisons/drugs.

As for his actual Regeneration, he could probably get by with 5 Body/TURN. Combined with Damage Resistances and maybe even Damage Reduction that should be plenty.

I can't see Wolverine having more than 1/turn regeneration. That's 5 Body per minute, 300 Body per hour, surely he doesn't need more than that.

Originally posted by ZootSoot

I can't see Wolverine having more than 1/turn regeneration. That's 5 Body per minute, 300 Body per hour, surely he doesn't need more than that.

He's supposed to have a "phenomenal healing factor", remarkable even for a mutant with a healing factor. I dont think 7 points really covers that. YMMV.

He's supposed to have a "phenomenal healing factor", remarkable even for a mutant with a healing factor. I dont think 7 points really covers that. YMMV.

300 Body an hour isn't phenomenal? If you want him to be the best have everyone else buy the power down the time chart.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

300 Body an hour isn't phenomenal? If you want him to be the best have everyone else buy the power down the time chart.

Wolverine has been taken down by wounds that took weeks to heal completely. I think I large amount of body and the standard 2 BD regen should be fine for him. That heals a normal human from 0 to full in one minute. Sounds reasonable to me. I understand if you want higher if there are to many characters running around in your world with standard 2 BD and you want him to be better but the effect per minute is a little over the top. Wolverine regulary limps home from battles and heals later, which is slower than than the 2 BD regen by far.