Ressurrection Spell

atlascott

FH Grimoire writes up a Raise Dead Spell as Aid BODY 6d6.

But doesn't this ignore the rules on death and dying?

Now I mean this seriously...

...shouldn't this be a Major Transform? Just like a "restore Limb" spell or something? WIth an advantage that it never 'heals' barring some h9igh level wizardry?

Just wondering what others thought.

Re: Ressurrection Spell

I wrote it up as Healing w/ the Ressurection Adder for my campaigns:

http://www.killershrike.com/FantasyHERO/Content/Powers/Spells/Spells.asp?Type=Divine&Subtype=Clerical#Ressurection

And this version which is basically the same but can Ressurect someone back from a hair or a bone chunk or something like that:

http://www.killershrike.com/FantasyHERO/Content/Powers/Spells/Spells.asp?Type=Divine&Subtype=Clerical#True Ressurection

Re: ssurrection Spell

Yep, it seems odd the Grimoire should have that. The "official" way to do it now is to use Healing with the Ressurection adder.

In the good old days before there was an "official" answer, we used to have lively debates about how to do it.

My personal preference was Summon.

There was also Transform: Corpse to Person.

And Extradimemsional Move, Usable on Other, Transdimensional, Past to Present, to bring the person forward in time from just before the moment of death.

Interestingly, there some people who insisted that there was NO way to do it, no such thing as Ressurection in Hero.

But now the wave form has collapsed, and the official answer is - Healing, with an adder.

Lucius Alexander

Summon Palindromedary