• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: [Campaign] DEFENDERS CONGREGATE!!

Yeah... that one's been a LONG running gag in the campaign:

Anyone on the team: "Yeah, well at least I didn't make Mechanon!"

TB: "But it was a science project!!"

As Frydaddy was passing the torch on to me when he moved away, he did mention that it was his plan to somehow have TB accidentally create Mechanon. I figured this worked as well as anything.

I had that session post just about wrapped up when the stupid Mac Mini I'm using at work to get familiar w/ Leopard decided to completely freeze up, necessitating a restart, resulting in the loss of about 5-6 paragraphs of writing. I'll finish it up once I summon up the fortitude to type allll that over... again.

The Defenders

Season V: Evolution

Issue 8

"Last Man Standing"

CAST

Fantastic-Man

Warforge

Tomorrow Boy

Rampant Lion

Nighthawk

....and introducing...

The Junior Defenders League (JDL)

Tomorrow Boy - Yep.. same guy. Just turned 17, btw. Going to be a Senior at Paragon Hills High School.

Mentalad - Chase Atom, formerly of the now defunct Atom Family. Mentalist. Team Co-leader w/ TB. Also going to be a senior at Paragon Hills High School.

Kid Thunder - Cocky Lightning EP'er with attitude. Senior at Paragon City West High.

Steel Fist - Army Brat & Highly trained martial artist. Junior at Paragon Hills High School.

Invincigirl - Streetwise Brick with a knack for sleuthing. Senior at Paragon City Central High School.

Turbo Lass - Clumsy, ditzy, (yep.. you guessed it) EXTREMELY Blonde flying speedster. Sophomore at Paragon Hills High School.

Act 1:

It had been two weeks since the death of Time Master and things had been relatively quiet in Paragon City. August was wearing on and summer was drawing to a close for high school students all across the country as Back To School Season was in full swing. Warforge had set out on a personal mission - to seek out the tools of his father, Vulcan the Titan, and had left for Greece shortly after Mechanon's appearance. Rampant Lion was busy preparing for the upcoming semester as Dr. Edward Colbert, his secret alter-ego. La Espijisma decided to take advantage of the lull in criminal activity to return to her home in El Salvador to visit her family.

And Fantastic-Man found himself in Las Vegas, Nevada. His highly successful enterprise, the Fantasti-Burger fast food chain, had been skyrocketing ever since being bought by Omnitech International, and he himself was on hand for the highly anticipated ribbon-cutting ceremony for the franchise's first Las Vegas restaurant. To the cheers of all the celebrities, tourists, locals and fans that had gathered for the event, Fantastic-Man cut the ribbon with the large, novelty scissors, smiled and waved to his adoring public...

...before being blasted in the chest by a laser bolt!

He looked up and saw a pair of silver robots hovering in mid-air, weapons aimed at him.

"Take shelter folks! This could get ugly!" he warned the onlookers as he shot up into the air and grabbed one of the robots by the arm. He was about to swing it around into the other like a baseball bat when he was blasted from behind as two more of the same hovering, legless silver robots drifted into view.

"Four on one.." he thought. "They should've sent more.. but I don't want to risk any of those people down there getting hurt." He took off like a rocket, the four robots chasing after him, blasting away into the sky.

One of them fired an electrical net at Fantastic-Man, trapping him within it. He chuckled as he shifted his mass to a desolidified state only to discover to his dismay that the electrified energy web didn't let him pass! The other three robots fired their energy nets as well as four MORE robots floated in from nearby rooftops. Once Fantastic-Man was trapped under all their combined capturewebs, the robots grabbed him and teleported away, to the gasps and cries of the shocked onlookers below.

Meanwhile, halfway across the world, Warforge emerged from a cave on the Isle of Crete, smeared, dented and crumpled following his battle with the giants living near the center of the Earth. He carried a large, black, sooty anvil over one shoulder, and the larger pieces of his father's forge on the other, with a large bag of heavy tools slung over his shoulder. He smiled (or.. ya know.. whatever) as the first bits of warm sunlight glinted off his dingy frame.

"Warforge to Citadel.." he called over his communicator.

"Go ahead, mate.." Rampant Lion replied.

"Got some heavy equipment to beam back at my coordinates," he said as he stacked the forge pieces, anvil, and tools in a large clearing outside the cave. Moments later, they shimmered and were gone.

"Great.." Rampant Lion protested. "Now can I beam your metal arse back over here to clean up this mess?"

"Nah.. I'm gonna take the scenic route. Haven't seen Greece in late summer in... well.. ever."

"Copy that," Rampant Lion chuckled. "Enjoy your trip."

Warforge made his way down the mountainside, trying to decide which route to take next, and in no particular hurry to get anywhere that resembled home when he heard something moving in the trees. Something mechanical. He wheeled around, Arm-Blaster readied, as two legless, silver robots hovered up out of the trees and opened fire on him. He caught one of them square in the chest, sending it spiraling away, damaged but functional.

Two more of the mechanical assailants attacked from behind then, each blasting him with energy bolts. Warforge absorbed some of their attack, restoring his strength, but then the first two attacked again, pelting him with blast after concussive blast. As he slumped over onto the soft, green grass, Warforge went offline.

Act II

Meanwhile back in Paragon City, Tomorrow Boy and Chase Atom had had a busy couple of weeks. Chase had approached him after the first day of school. Chase had been missing the rush of Superhero work ever since his older brother dissolved his old superteam in light of the growing public resentment of metahumans, and wanted to get back into it. Tomorrow Boy, inspired by the return of his future memories, and the group of which he had been a member, decided that he and Chase would form a group of superpowered teenagers committed to fighting crime on their own level - the birth of the Junior Defenders League.

Selecting superpowered teenagers for a team of crimefighters, they would soon discover, was no easy process. First, there were concerns that Chase's family, his older brother in particular, might not approve of Chase's return to superheroism. Chase dubbed himself "Mentalad" to protect his identity. Tomorrow Boy decided that Fantastic-Man might not be all that happy with him splitting time between the two groups either, and decided it best to NOT tell is mentor and team leader.

Mentalad had met a kid from Paragon City West High with the power to create powerful bursts of electricity and, despite his hot-headedness, Kid Thunder became the first new recruit of the JDL. But, at that point, they were stumped. There were no other known superpowered high schoolers that they knew of. But, deciding that there HAD to be some somewhere, they pressed on.

They started at Paragon Hills High, holding private auditions for anyone who thought they could handle the life of a teenage superhero. Out of the dozens of unusually-powered kids who showed up, two showed some potential. Brittney Todd, with the ability to fly at super-sonic speeds and Tyrell Jenkins, a recent transfer with super-humanly accute senses, bordering on pre-cognition, who also was a 3rd degree black-belt in karate. In the end, Tyrell's military knowledge and fighting skills won out over Brittney's speed (and clumsiness... and irritating "valley girl" persona... and overuse of the word "like"... and.. well.. you get the idea.) He became Steel Fist, and signed on as the 4th member of the group.

It was a Friday night, the end of the first week of classes, when the four young men of the JDL had hopped into Kid Thunder's convertible and headed down to the Sonic Drive-In, a popular hang out near downtown Paragon City, when shouting and rumbling echoed down the street. Cybermind was running for his life from the massive, green, 4-armed hulk of muscles chasing after him.

"Little man owe Grond money!" Grond bellowed as he ripped a street light down and hurled it at the technologically gifted supervillain. "Little man pay up or Grond smash!!"

"Look.. Grond.. can't we talk this out?!" Cybermind pleaded as he ran as fast as his legs could carry him. He looked over his shoulder and didn't turn back in time to stop himself from running right into Steel Fist, as the JDL had quickly donned their costumes and stepped into the street to intervene.

"Our first fight... and it's Grond? Seriously?" Mentalad lamented, knowing too well Grond's general disdain for mentalists.

"Aww.. Brainboy can't hack it?" Kid Thunder taunted as he flew up into the air. "Hey! Grond! Catch this!" He hurled a massive burst of electricity at Grond. The air crackled all around the 4-armed behemoth. After generally shrugging the hit off, Grond appeared unamused.

"This could be going better..." Tomorrow Boy muttered.

"GRAAAAAHHH!!" Grond growled in rage as he grabbed a nearby parked car and hurled it at Kid Thunder. Tomorrow Boy tried to catch it with his psychokinesis, but missed.

The car stopped its forward momentum, and fell toward the ground.

"Nice save, TB," said Steel Fist.

"That wasn't me..." Tomorrow Boy replied as the car began to raise up off the ground. As it continued to rise, a shapely pair of legs in tight blue leather boots could be seen standing underneath it. Holding the car above her, stood a beautiful young woman with dark hair and a blue body-suit and mask.

"You dropped this." she said softly before hurling the car back at Grond. He blocked the missile with two of his massive green arms but also didn't see the blue-clad girl charging in behind the car. She smashed her fist into Grond's reptilian face, causing him to howl in pain.

"...you guys... " Kid Thunder drooled. "...tell me this is really happening. Seriously."

Grond roared and swung at her, but she blocked his punch with one hand. He growled even more and swung again, which she blocked with her other hand.

"Problem.." Chase realized. "She's out of arms and he's not."

"Right.." TB said. "Let's Go JDL!"

As Tomorrow Boy blasted Grond with Psychokinetic Energy and Steel Fist danced in and out of Grond's reach, landing passing kicks and punches, Kid Thunder blasted away with a barrage of electrical energy. But finally, Mentalad landed the stunning blow with a powerful blast of psionic energy. Grond swayed a bit, not out, but clearly dazed. By this point a large crowd had gathered to watch the brawl.

"Gotta get him out of here.." said Steel Fist as he saw all the onlookers potentially wandering into harm's way.

"Got him.." said the mysterious girl. She hoisted Grond up by his legs and began to spin, as if using him in a hammer-throw. She released just as Grond came back to his senses and hurled the green meanie over city block after city block, where he crashed in a heap.

"Thanks kids.." Cybermind sneered as he, too, sprinted away.

"Don't worry about him.." said Tomorrow Boy as he anonymously contacted PRIMUS to come retrieve Grond. "Grond's the real threat."

The girl turned to leave.

"Wait.." Chase protested.

"No.. I don't really wanted to be here when the authorities arrive." She replied softly, a hint of a hispanic accent in her voice. "I don't.. play by their rules." She turned and ran into the dark alley nearby.

"But we don't even know your name!" Kid Thunder cried out after her.

"Call me ... Invincigirl," her reply drifted out of the darkness, and she was gone.

While the rest of the JDL changed back into their civilian clothes, Tomorrow Boy stayed hidden by his personal cloaking field to watch the PRIMUS agents who arrived to take Grond back into Stronghold. He watched until they were on their way with Grond safely sedated, and then returned to join his friends.

They never noticed when the real PRIMUS retrieval unit showed up minutes later, wondering what had happened to Grond.

Act III

(Back in the present day...)

"What do you mean 'they took him?'" a rather irritated Nighthawk growled into his communicator as he sped across town toward The Citadel.

"I'm staring at it on the tele right now, mate. Fantastic-Man cuts the ribbon, then gets shot, takes off, gets gang-tackled by about 8 robots, they capture him in some energy netting, and then GONE!" a flustered Rampant Lion replied. "I'll patch the video through to you."

Nighthawk grimaced as he watched the brief but chaotic scene. "Talosbots."

"You recognize them?"

"I've had run-ins with their creator once or twice before. They were developed by a genius mercenary weapons designer named Wayland Talos. He just sells them though.. not like him to use them to go after somebody. His services don't come cheap either," the Dark Defender replied. "I'll be there in five minutes."

By the time Nighthawk arrived, Rampant Lion had called in Tomorrow Boy, but had been unable to contact Warforge. Rampant Lion and Tomorrow Boy took a D-Jet to Las Vegas to try to pick up any trace of the energy signatures while Nighthawk hit the streets to try to track down Wayland Talos. After a long day of searching that yielded none of the results they were looking for, the three returned to the Citadel, disappointed.

The following morning, Tomorrow-Boy received a phone call.

"Hey, Riv.. it's Chase. Listen, after we met up with Invincigirl the other night, I went back to the alley that she disappeared into and left my contact number. Apparently she got it because the hospital staff found it on her and called me thinking I was her ICE number. Somebody beat her half to death... real bad. She's at PCMH, if you wanna come see her."

Tomorrow Boy took off down the stairs, checked to make sure no one saw him slinking off, and dashed out the front door and took off on his hoverdisc toward Paragon City Mercy Hospital...

He failed to see Nighthawk spot him on his way out of the monitor room. The Dark Defender set his coffee down on the counter and tailed TB.

Tomorrow Boy arrived at the hospital to find Steel Fist, Mentalad, and Kid Thunder waiting for him. They led him back to Invinicigirl's room. She was in stable condition, but looked like she had been hit by several trucks, and still unconscious.

Nighthawk watched from the ventilation duct above the room, with great interest.

"Where'd they find her?" Tomorrow Boy asked, still shocked by the sight of their mysterious, but seemingly indestructible ally.

"Downtown... lying on the corner near a parking garage on Main," Steel Fist replied, his voice edged with anger.

"Well she's still alive right? Can't you just take a look inside her head and.." Kid Thunder began.

"No way." Chase replied sternly. "I don't do that. Not without her permission."

"Chase..." Tomorrow Boy put a hand on his friend's shoulder. "It may be the only way. Someone out there did this to her.. and if they're powerful enough to put this kind of a beating on Invincigirl, we need to find them and stop them.. fast."

Chase nodded, clearly unhappy with what he was being asked to do, but he too understood that there was little choice in the matter. He placed a hand on Invincigirl's forehead, closed his eyes, and focused.

When he opened his eyes, the light nearly blinded him, and the roar was deafening. As his senses slowly came into focus inside Invincigirl's memory, he realized that the blinding light was actually several lights.. spotlights. Dozens of them all around. And the deafening roar was a crowd... a crowd of well dressed people, screaming and cheering all around him in some sort of arena. The floor was cold steel, and all around him, between him and the crowd, was a transparent dome. He reached up and touched it. It was some sort of transparent material that felt much harder than glass. He swung at it with all his incredible strength, but it didn't so much as crack, and the blow left his hand numb.

"IIIIIIIIIINVINCIGIRL, Ladies and Gentlemen!" A ring-announcer style voice echoed over the roaring crowd. "She's beautiful! She's super-strong! BUT... is she a match for her opponent tonight?!" The crowd exploded. "Making his first appearance in the Thunderdome Arena... in Tonight's MAIN EVENT... I give you the Amazing... the Incredible... The ONE.. The ONLY... THE EARTH'S GREATEST HERO...

...FANTASTIC-MAN!!"

The floor opened across the ring from Invincigirl, and an elevator platform raised Fantastic-Man into the battle dome. He stared directly at Invincigirl, his gaze stony and uncaring. The crowd erupted in a renewed berserker frenzy at his appearance. He floated up off of the floor, balled his hands up into fists, and then charged through the air toward Invincigirl in a blur..

Chase snapped back to consciousness in Invincigirl's hospital room. He explained what he had seen to the others, much to their shock.

"It's not that unbelieveable.." Nighthawk reasoned as he dropped down into the room... to the much greater shock of the four teenage superheroes in the room. "We've seen mind-controlling villains force people to do these sorts of things.. some worse."

"Alright.. but where do we even start looking?" Tomorrow Boy asked.

"We?" Nighthawk asked.

"That's right." Steel Fist replied resolutely. "We."

The corner of Nighthawk's mouth twisted upward slightly in a bit of an impressed smile. "Alright then.. we."

Warforge came to in a small, dark cell. The door slid open, but no one came in. He stepped out into a darkened, empty hallway, lined on either side with identical, but empty cells. He cautiously approached the elevator platform at the end of the hall, checking it carefully for any sort of booby trap, but didn't see one. And, failing to find any other way out of the hallway, he pressed the "Up" button. The ceiling above him in the small elevator shaft opened and he was taken up into the Thunderdome Arena. The place was packed, people cheering, booing, stomping, screaming. It was pandemonium.

"As Promised, Ladies and Gentlemen..." the announcer's voice echoed throughout the arena... a voice Warforge recognized. "Tonight's main event features not one, but TWO Defenders! Head to head in a Last Man Standing brawl!"

"What are you doing, Director?!" Shouted Warforge as the familar, robotic cameras that The Director had used the last time The Defenders fought him circled the dome.

"Isn't it obvious?" The Director laughed. "I'm making the greatest fight movie of all time! Super versus super... and I've got an all star cast!!"

Fantastic-Man emerged through the floor across from Warforge.

"Oh... crap." The titanium titan lamented and Fantastic-Man surged toward him.

Warforge dodged out of the way and Fantastic-Man slammed into the indestructible wall of the dome. The crowd erupted as the dome reverberated from the impact. Fantastic-Man wheeled around and rocketed toward Warforge again, this time catching the metal man at the torso and slamming him into the opposite wall. Warforge grunted from the shock as Fantastic-Man flew him up into the ceiling and then slammed him down on the ground.

"Come on, Frank.." Warforge grunted as he struggled to his feet. "Snap out of it."

Fantastic-Man rushed at Warforge again, but the Titanium Titan was ready this time. He locked arms with Fantastic-Man and the two grappled with eachother in the center of the ring. The crowd cheered as one would start to force the other down, only to have the momentum shift on them. They pushed their strength back and forth when finally Warforge noticed a small, chip-like device implanted on the side of Fantastic-Man's head.

"Hope you'll forgive me for this, buddy.." Warforge said as he let go of Fantastic-Man. Fantastic-Man stumbled forward, momentarily set off-balance due to the sudden lack of resistance, and Warforge's hammerhand struck him right in the side of the head, crushing the mind-controlling chip. Momentarily dazed, Fantastic-Man stumbled to the side before regaining his bearings. He looked around disoriented. "Alright, Director! Game's over!" Warforge shouted.

"Hardly!" The Director bellowed. "You've only ended round one! Let's see how the two of you fare in ROUND TWO!!"

Two more elevator platforms rose up from the floor below the arena - one carrying the Omicron Technology suped-up grotesque monstrosity widely-known as VIPER's strong-man Ripper... the other bearing the grey-clad Russian Bear-wrestler and crushing right hand of Eurostar... Durak.

The crowd noise was deafening as The Director shouted over them all, "ACTION!!!"

Ripper lunged toward Warforge as Durak turned toward Fantastic-Man.

"DURAK VILL BREAK YOU!!" He bellowed as he charged toward Fantastic-Man in a fury. At the last second, Fantastic-Man shifted Desolid and Durak passed right through him, charging head first into the dome wall. The Soviet Strongman fell to the ground, dazed.

"...Seriously.." said Fantastic-Man, shaking his head derisively at Durak.

Warforge, meanwhile, found himself being lifted above Ripper's head as the massive cybernetic freak was trying to tear him in half. Ripper's muscles flexed and bulged as he strength augmenting fluids of the Omnicron implants surged through him. But with all his strength and attention focused on the Titanium Titan, Ripper never saw Fantastic-Man winding up in front of him.

"Hey.. Ripper.." Fantastic-Man said, his fist pulled back. Ripper opened his eyes and let out a surprised grunt. "Hi." Fantastic-Man smiled as he delivered a haymaker to Ripper's jaw. Ripper flew across the ring, slamming hard into the wall and falling forward as Warforge tumbled unceremoniously to the floor. Fantastic-Man smiled, rather self-satisfied, completely unaware of the double-handed axe-handle chop that Durak was about to drop on him.

Fantastic-Man fell to the floor with a heavy thud as Durak stood over him. Durak's victory was short lived, however, as Warforge blasted him in the mid-section with a powerful hammerhand. The battle raged on for several minutes as the four super-strong superbeings blasted each other with shots powerful enough to level buildings. Exhausted and out of breath, they pulled themselves to their feet, facing eachother from opposite ends of the ring. The crowd began to clamor for more action.

"Bloodthirsty lot, aren't you.." The Director mused over the loud speakers. "But, I am nothing if not a man of the people. I shall give you what you want!" They all cheered a larger elevator platform descended from the middle of the arena and reappeared with a ten-foot tall wall of hulking, green, 4-armed muscle... that someone had recently augmented with Omicron Technology.

Grond roared in bestial fury as the four exhausted and stunned combatants looked at one another, hoping someone would have an idea. Grond wouldn't wait for them though. He grabbed Fantastic-Man by the head and tossed him hard into the ceiling. The Earth's Greatest Hero slammed back down hard into the ground as all the air was forced out of his powerful lungs and the room spun around him.

"Like my improvements?" The Director laughed. "It cost me an arm and a leg, but for four arms of Omicron powered Hero-beating fury.. I'd say it was well worth it!" The lights gleamed off of Grond's Omicron implants as he grabbed Warforge with two arms, Durak with the other two, and slammed them into eachother over and over again. He tossed them limply aside as Ripper grabbed Grond from behind and attempted to crush the Green Giant's windpipe. Grond's incredible strength, now augmented by Omicron Technology implants equal to Ripper's, proved to be more than the VIPER strongman could handle, as Grond casually slammed himself backwards into the wall of the dome. Ripper's grip slacked and Grond grabbed him with two of his mammoth arms and brought him around in front of him to pummel him with the other two.

Fantastic-Man, Warforge and Durak all struggled to their feet as Grond finished with the extremely unconscious Ripper, flinging him away like a ragdoll. Grond turned toward them as another dosage of the Omicron strength enhancer was released into his system, causing his already enlarged muscles to bulge grotesquely. He roared in pain, and looked at the other 3 gladiators with a berserker rage in his eyes.

Their attention, as well as the rest of the crowd's, was then immediately ripped away by the charred, sparking remains of the Talosbot that slammed into the exterior of the Thunderdome shell. Atop the stairs of the arena leading down to the battledome stood Nighthawk, Rampant Lion, Tomorrow Boy, Steel Fist, and Kid Thunder, who's hands still crackled with discharged electricity. They had found the secret entrance in the parking garage and had battled past The Director's henchmen and robots and followed the howling crowd noise into the arena.

Panic ensued.

En masse, the crowd rushed from their seats, clawing and kicking over themselves to try and make it to an exit.

"CURSES!" Spat The Director. "At least I'll manage to catch the Death of Fantastic-Man on film!"

Nighthawk and Tomorrow Boy raced for the announcer's booth while Rampant Lion, Kid Thunder and Steel Fist tried to break through the thick dome with their most powerful attacks.

Meanwhile, Fantastic-Man, Warforge and Durak began working in unison against the Omicron Enraged Grond. Trying to keep his attention on one while the other two delivered punishing blows to the gigantic super-brick.

Nighthawk and Tomorrow Boy destroyed the final two Talosbots guarding The Director just as he turned to flee from the control room, but the Dark Defender was ready. He whipped a bolo from his belt, ensnaring the feeble, old villain, dropping him to the floor with a muffled grunt. Tomorrow Boy siezed the controls.

"Let's see.. let's see.. This one?" He muttered to himself, pressing a button.

Grond roared in fury and charged at Fantastic-Man, who barely turned desolid in time to avoid the attack. Grond slammed all four Omicron Powered fists into the dome wall, creating a six-inch crack in the indestructible barrier.

"Ok!" Rampant Lion yelled to Kid Thunder and Steel Fist. "Focus all your fire there, boys!" The three blasted away at the damaged spot, slowly but surely widening the crack.

"...That's not helping" Nighthawk growled as he stalked up next to Tomorrow Boy.

"Uhh.. Right.. ok.. THIS one!" The Boy Genius proclaimed as he depressed another button.

Grond and Durak, both still wearing their mind control chips, stopped fighting.. stared around the room with confused gazes, teetered precariously, and then toppled over to the floor, sound asleep.

"Better.." Nighthawk grinned.

Sometime later, PRIMUS agents arrived and apprehended Ripper, Durak, and Grond as well as The Director and prepared them all for transport to Stronghold.

"You can't do this to me!" The Director protested. "You'd be nothing if not for me, Fantastic-Man! I made you who you are!"

Fantastic-Man laughed. "I'm not some starlet you derranged, old hack."

"No?" The Director mused as he ripped off the mask he wore, revealing that he was Ferdinand Michelli, the crackpot filmmaker who had left the film cannisters in the studio containing the chemical that had triggered Frank Miller's transformation into Fantastic-Man. He laughed maniacally. "You haven't seen the last of me, Fantastic-Man! I shall have my revenge!!"

"Wow.. didn't see that one coming.." Tomorrow Boy mused to Fantastic-Man, who looked less than amused by the turn of events.

"How'd you find us anyway?" asked Warforge as they were helping the PRIMUS agents sift through the mess.

"I got an invitation.." Nighthawk replied with a smile as he tapped the compartment on his belt containing the tickets he had purchased through his underground connections. "It's all about who you know."

"How's she doing?" Tomorrow Boy asked over his communicator.

"She's coming around," Chase replied from the side of Invincigirl's hospital bed. "How'd it go?"

"Dude.. " TB replied. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you..." Tomorrow Boy was interrupted by the shadow of Fantastic-Man looming in front of him.

"So..." Fantastic-Man said. "..What's this about a Junior League?"

GM NOTES

Ok, Yes. I came up with this session immediately after watching "Grudge Match" from season 2 of Justice League Unlimited.. BUT COME ON?! Fantastic-Man, Warforge, Ripper, Durak AND GROND all in the same ring?! Who WOULDN'T want to see that?! It's a fan-boy's dream come true.

Anyway, fun session with some nice street level work to find the missing Defenders and some Iconic Superbrawling to go along with it. I think Fantastic-Man and Warforge's players had a LITTLE too much fun beating the snot out of eachother though.

I gotta give SERIOUS props to Dr. Hercules (Tomorrow Boy) for the JDL concept. He pulled me aside during a session break a while before this session and presented the idea to me. I, being a huge Teen Titans fan, loved it and went to work on creating some teenage superhero characters. They were all NPC'ed for this outing, but that's soon to change...

Sounds like another great session! :)

I gotta give SERIOUS props to Dr. Hercules (Tomorrow Boy) for the JDL concept. He pulled me aside during a session break a while before this session and presented the idea to me. I, being a huge Teen Titans fan, loved it and went to work on creating some teenage superhero characters. They were all NPC'ed for this outing, but that's soon to change...

So...are you doing this on HeroCentral? Hm? Maybe looking for players? :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The great citadel is bare, stripped of everything not bolted or welded. The walls are a riot of color, as taggers try to outdo one another with the bravado in daring to desecrate this once great edifice. My steps echo in the massive room, as I visit once again, hoping that this time, those paragons of virtue have returned to their home. And once again, it is empty.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...