Miniature Heroes (and villains)

BigJackBrass

For the first time in far too long I've been painting some lead miniatures. Specifically, some of the Silver Age Sentinels line from Reaper, which paint up rather nicely even with my meagre skills.

That particular line isn't very extensive, however, and most of the other supers miniatures I'm familiar with - Marvel and Golden Heroes, for example - are long out of production, so I'm left wondering if there are any others, licensed or generic, still being made. Can anyone help with this? I'm also very interested in finding a suitable miniature to represent Mr. Matthews, the scarred scientist from Silver Age Sentinels, without too much conversion work, so suggestions and places to look would be much appreciated.

Re: Miniature Heroes (and villains)

We really need a super minis sticky, this gets asked like every other month.

Okay, your first stop should be Bill Keyes' excellent article, "Miniature Hero" in Digital Hero #12. Bill pointed out a lot of places I hadn't thought of at the time, and it's an invaluable primer for any Supermini collector. A quick look at the sample article should get you started if you're leery of dropping the dinero on the issue outright. http://www.herogames.com/digitalHero/Samples/dh12miniatures.htm

Beyond that, we should also include the link that Steve put on the Pulp boards. http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41036

We really need a super minis sticky, this gets asked like every other month.

Okay, your first stop should be Bill Keyes' excellent article, "Miniature Hero" in Digital Hero #12. Bill pointed out a lot of places I hadn't thought of at the time, and it's an invaluable primer for any Supermini collector. A quick look at the sample article should get you started if you're leery of dropping the dinero on the issue outright. http://www.herogames.com/digitalHero/Samples/dh12miniatures.htm

Beyond that, we should also include the link that Steve put on the Pulp boards. http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41036

Why not just include a new forum under the "Gaming" header called Minatures? ;) That way it'd have its own forum and people could go there for help with customizing all their minis to Hero? ;)

Why not just include a new forum under the "Gaming" header called Minatures? ;) That way it'd have its own forum and people could go there for help with customizing all their minis to Hero? ;)

Or even HERO conversions!

Paintjob: (SFX: "Green") +1/4 Primed, +1/2 Drybrushed, +1/2 Inked, Extra time, Focus (paints/brushes), focus only required to start power, Difficult to dispel (sealer).

:P

Or even HERO conversions!

Paintjob: (SFX: "Green") +1/4 Primed, +1/2 Drybrushed, +1/2 Inked, Extra time, Focus (paints/brushes), focus only required to start power, Difficult to dispel (sealer).

:P

Heh, add +1/2 Hardened x2 to cover multiple sealent coats. ;) (I only use a quick dullcoate at the end, but I know a lot of pros who do one gloss, followed by 2 dull)

To do supers you have to pull from a large variety of minature lines.

Have a power armored hero, check out Icor's VOID line, also GW's Warhamer 40k does have some cool bits if you look closley

Have a egyptian themed hero, Crock Games has a cool line.

Gun guy, check out Void, Warhamer, Street Violence,

and so forth.

Now since supers tend to be quite unike, to get your piticular super you will probably have to modify some

Also, remember that WisKids Heroclicks figs can be painted and easily modifyed with a hoby knife and superglue. And you might be able to get a lot of em cheep.