Impeccable Appearance EC, no really

Guest C_Zeree

Guest C_Zeree

Designing a mage mentalist villain, and part of his shtick is he is always impeccable. Always dressed to the nines, never a ruffled collar, or a crease in the wrong place, every bit of hair in the right place, not even rain or wind can upset his style. You know the James Bond of the movies, makeup artists and wardrobe replaced by magic.

I was thinking three slots:

For the attire

Gucci is Jealous: Instant Change Transform, clothing only (2d6 minor I think).

Should there be a minor bonus for any type of clothing (+1/4)?

For the composure (Perfect Hair, never a wrinkle, so forth…)

Image is Everything: Transform, perfect composure (2d6 Cosmetic), Continuous, Persistent, No END, No Range, Self Only (-1)

Untouched by weather

Ma Nature Respects the Threads: Change Environment - no rain touches him, Continuous, Persistent, No END, No Range, Self Only (-1)

Very Possibly the two transforms could cover all that’s necessary, since this really is just the finishing touch.

A few points to make the character different.

Does he need more slots, less, could 1 transform cover it all?

Given that it's a character schtick, with little if any combat usefulness and only moderate non-combat utility (unless the campaign in question is heavily focused on social interation), I'd call it a single cosmetic transform, as the net effect is that the character's appearance is changed (or 'unchanged', but I think you get the idea).

Actually, I really like the idea of the Change Environment to negate weather effects -- that might even provide some serious combat advantages if the character can stand around un-mussed in a hurricane. Of course, you might have to buy more CE for that to work.

Otherwise, I'd have to agree -- go with the full-on persistent transform for all the effects.

Guest C_Zeree

I think I will use one transform with an expanded result. Minor, because it can change his clothes. The game does not hinge on it, but I want to stat the character as true to how he appears in my short story.

For the CE, I think I'll drop it. The untouched by a hurricane is a cool idea, but this is more a casual ability. Even Bond gets wet when he goes swimming. ;)

Guest C_Zeree
Originally posted by Tech

C_Zeree, this is refreshingly unusual. I like it!

My thanks!

The character in the story almost solely went by the moniker the impicably dressed man. His name changed from "dream to dream" but the description was always the same. :D

Originally posted by C_Zeree

My thanks!

The character in the story almost solely went by the moniker the impicably dressed man. His name changed from "dream to dream" but the description was always the same. :D

Out of curiousity, what's this guy like? Villain or hero? Could you give some details of all of his abilities/powers, besides looking impecible?

Guest C_Zeree
Originally posted by Tech

Out of curiousity, what's this guy like? Villain or hero? Could you give some details of all of his abilities/powers, besides looking impecible?

The style of the campaign is Mage-ish with lower points, ~250, representing those just awakening to their abilities.

He is an antagonist recruiter: If you’ve seen The Recruit, 6 out a 10 movie but, he fits Al Pacino’s character in the beginning when Pacino tries to recruit Colin Farrell’s character. He is confident, always knows everything he needs to know, interacts supremely with people, and is able to manipulate them very well.

Powers wise, his main focus is Mind, Fate (Entropy) being second. He has some other specialties, but his Mind/Fate abilities dominate. I guess he would be similar to Menton, but not as powerful, and I can’t say for sure, as I don’t have CKC. His powers aren’t over the top, using them subtly to steer the situation to his advantage.

Hence his appearance is what it is, to help his PRE. Good looks tend to disarm people.

He is about control, and doesn’t like it when things don’t go as planned, because he planned them.

The biggest thing is, he might use his powers to influence a recruit into talking with him, but he will never influence them during “the pitch,†or influence their decision. Those who join of their own free will are an asset; those who are coerced are a liability.