How many points for the Earth? (and everything on it)

Robyn

Re: How many points for the Earth? (and everything on it)

Curse you, Presto. 42 was MY glib answer.

Eh... there's only one major problem with statting the Earth. I don't feel like it. That aside.

It's... size Planet (2.5545 × 10~14th meters) which is really, really large. It has a Force Field precisely powerful enough to stop being annihiliated by the sun, but weak enough to let through enough energy to heat & light the planet to such an extent that its indigenous life generally survive. If the weight is right, then it's a Size 80 vessle (Spaceship Earth). Weighing about 6.4 Billion Tons. Nice.

Life Support, Megascale, all creatures big & small.

Oh, and a big magnetic force field that keeps us all from getting killed, generated by our own gravity from out mass.

That's about it. If you want to take that over it's... 8 million hexes, according to my size chart.

Good luck with that. :eg:

RKA 1d6. NND (defense is living, organic tissue), Does BODY, Indirect (any direction, origin), AoE (radius), MegaScale (enough to cover the planet).

Gimme less than a minute, and you won't have to worry about how much the Earth costs.

Hey, waitaminute...That brings us back to designing the Earth.

Quick, call Slartebartfast!!

If we were going to stat Slartebartfast, would we give him the ability to create a planet, or a high enough skill level with "understanding and using the HERO system" to design the Earth with the HERO system? And, if the latter, how high of a skill level should suffice for that?

If we were going to stat Slartebartfast' date=' would we give him the ability to create a planet, or a high enough skill level with "understanding and using the HERO system" to design the Earth with the HERO system? And, if the latter, how high of a skill level should suffice for that?[/quote']

He just has a disturbing Psychological Disadvantage. No skill necessary. ;)

It's disturbingly easy to destroy everything with a Does Body NND.

I recall one old game I heard about, where the sole point of the game was to create the most horribly abusive lumps of points (you couldn't really call them characters) you could (250pts, 4th Edition).

Ones I remember include Admiral Annihilation, who would destroy the galaxy if he took STUN damage (and this was BEFORE Megascale), and had enough FTL and Life Support to fly to the next galaxy so he could do it again.

Also The Cleanzor, who had Life Support so he could live on the moon, and a horribly telescopic Detect Evil Mind sense, with a Body-Doing ECV Killing Attack, so he'd simply perch on the moon and kill every criminal on Earth.

There were 3 or 4 more, but those are all I could remember.