A couple of Hero Pictures

Alric

Re: A couple of Hero Pictures

The Back grounds left little contrast. But they weren't horrible.

Ok, looking at it with my work machine I see what you mean. The picture was created on my home machine with a nice LCD monitor so the image is much brighter.

I can't make the background too bright though or the glowing ring effect gets washed out.

Nice character design :).

Mind if I ask "How long have you been using Poser? And how long did it take you to get used to the program?" (I'm looking at getting the software myself, but it's not a trivial expense at this point in my life :D )

Thanks

CT

Mind if I ask "How long have you been using Poser? And how long did it take you to get used to the program?" (I'm looking at getting the software myself, but it's not a trivial expense at this point in my life :D )

Thanks

CT

Poser, IMO, has one of the worst UIs in existence. On the other hand it's a sumprelely powerful and good program.

If you don't want to shell out major bucks for Poser try DAZ-3D, it's free. Some of the base models are free as well.

Thanks

CT

I've been using poser for around 5 years now. It's not too tough to get the basics down, but some of the advenced features are way up there on the difficulty level. I've been using the program for 5 years and I've never once messed with the setup room (that's were you can rig figures for movement).

I also recomend downloading DAZ's "DAZ|Studio" and trying it out. It has a different UI from Poser and it doesn't have all the high end features, but it is free and will give you an idea if it's something you really want to work with. Poser and DAZ|Studio content is mostly interchangeable. DAZ can't use Poser's material shaders, dynamic hair, or dynamic cloth.

My favorite Poser hangout is Poser Pros. Lots of skilled poser artists and people willing to help out with questions and tips.

DAZ can't use Poser's material shaders' date=' dynamic hair, or dynamic cloth.[/quote']

DAZ does have it's own Morphing items however. It's been a long time since I've used Poser so I don't know how they compare.

I do like Poser's control over posing items and moving figures into non-preset Poses over DAZes however...