Vehicle Combat on tabletop!

Lockdown

well after looking at the vehicle combat setup for tabletop...i know its normally NOT feasable..

UNTILL i read the other rules on how its not done on tabletop. And it hit me, OK you dont move the vehicles , you SPACE the CHASE... let me explain...

OK lets say you have one of those big box van. it has a LF and it goes about 21" with a non com of x4.. but for now lets say were in combat!

the SUV that has the gang bangers whos lookin to get away from our heros has a 24" mer turn and X4 non com movement.

each move phase you move the amout DIFFERENCE between the 2. so both vehicles have a spd of 3 and thus on 4 8 and 12 the difference becomes 3" to 6" to 9"..

i had to do a home brewed rule saying that IF the pursuing vehilce EXCEEDS its movement total in the difference to the actual pursuit.. the pursuee gets away..

now it translates like this...

IF gangbanger in the SUV manages to get more than 21" away from the pursuing vehicle... they get away clean.

but i forgot to mention they have LAW ROCKETS in the van :D

oh also i did tiles to lay down as highway, city streets .. etc..etc.. ill take some pics next game to show you all how it looks ( besides , they have a chase due next week! they just dont know it yet!!!)

Re: Vehicle Combat on tabletop!

A very popular series of board games called "Down in Flames" manages to do WWII dog fighting and bomber operations on a card table. Instead of caring about exactly where everyone is you simply indicated which air craft are engaged and what their relative advantage is - nose on, advantaged, tailing.

There is a system in The Ultimate Vehicle if I am not mistaken that has a variety of manuevers you can use beyond straight up Speed X - Speed Y. You may want to look at that more closely.

Sounds like it will be fun!

--Pete