Is there any way...

atlascott

Re: Is there any way...

...that we could add collectible cards or perhaps pre-painted miniatures to the game somehow?

As tongue in cheeky as this is....

Pre-Painted Minis are usually done by people who do nothing but sit around and paint all day. Back in my WarHammer 40k days, we did this and it gives me a crick in my neck just thinking about it. We laid them all out on a table and primed everything. When the primer was dry, we painted all the red bits. When that was dry, we painted all the green bits. etc etc etc.

It's still very possible to buy painted minis. You just need to find someone with the time, energy and the non-crickable neck to do it.

Every once in a while (especially in my Fantasy campaign), the heroes will run across an item...a special item that is intended to be around for a while. I hand them a half sheet of paper with its picture (or the bestest rendering my rather limited artistic skills can provide or just an image I snagged from Storn or somebody) and a written description. Eventually, they usually end up with another one with the full stats on the bottom, but that is only after they have played with it and found out all the powers.

With Heros "build it as you go" mentality, I don't think any kind of cards are very effective - user-base wide. I'm all for drawing up little pictures of blaster rifles and things the players find. They like it (because its neat) and I like it because it slows down on the "what does it look like again" questions.