P:U (Project: Unity)

Enforcer84

UrsusVal Char Cost Roll Notes75 STR 65 24- Lift 819.2tons; 15d6 [7]15 DEX 15 12- OCV: 5/DCV: 540 CON 60 17-22 BODY 24 13-10 INT 0 11- PER Roll 11-/15-11 EGO 2 11- ECV: 420 PRE 10 13- PRE Attack: 4d610 COM 0 11-30 PD 15 Total: 30 PD (20 rPD)15/21 ED 7 Total: 15/21 ED (10/16 rED)4 SPD 15 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 1223 REC 080 END 080 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 213Movement: Running: 6"/12" Leaping: 15"/30" Swimming: 2"/4"Cost Powers END8 Hyper Olfactory: +4 PER with Smell/Taste Group11 Rapid Healing: Healing (Regeneration) 2 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (40 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Hour (-2 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)10 Tracking Scent: Tracking with Smell/Taste Group Physical Attributes6 1) Cold Resistance: Armor (0 PD/6 ED) (9 Active Points); Only Works Against Cold Attacks (-1/2)2 2) Cold Resistant: Life Support (Safe in Intense Cold)6 3) Massive: Knockback Resistance -3"15 4) Physical Juggernaut: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25%15 5) Toughness: Damage Resistance (20 PD/10 ED)\tabCombat Training: Basic Maneuver OCV DCV Notes4 Block +2 +2 Block, Abort4 Disarm -1 +1 Disarm; 85 STR to Disarm4 Escape +0 +0 90 STR vs. Grabs3 Grapple -1 -1 Grab Two Limbs, 85 STR for holding on5 Strikes +1 +3 15d6 Strike3 Throw +0 +1 15d6 +v/5, Target FallsPerks1 Salaried Super: Money: Well Off5 Fringe Benefit: Membership: Operation: NorthGuard, Membership: Project Unity, Security Clearance: Operation: NorthGuardSkills10 +2 with HTH Combat3 Forester: Survival (Arctic/Subarctic Forests, Temperate/Subtropical Forests, Tropical Forests) 11-3 Breakfall 12-3 Climbing 12-3 Interrogation 13-2 KS: Operation: NorthGuard 11-2 KS: The Superhuman World 11-3 Paramedics 11-3 Stealth 12-3 Tracking 11-Total Powers & Skill Cost: 137Total Cost: 350200+ Disadvantages15 Distinctive Features: Simply massive man (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)15 Enraged: when innocents threatened or harmed (Common), go 8-, recover 11-10 Hunted: Operation: NorthGuard 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)15 Hunted: Project: Unity 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)5 Physical Limitation: 2-3 times normal mass (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)5 Physical Limitation: Reduced Tactile Sense (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)15 Psychological Limitation: Code vs Killing (Common, Strong)15 Psychological Limitation: Loyalty To Canada (Common, Strong)15 Psychological Limitation: Overconfidence (Very Common, Moderate)15 Psychological Limitation: Protective Of Innocents (Common, Strong)15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity: Jack Kramer (Frequently, Major)10 Social Limitation: Subject to Orders (O:NG) (Occasionally, Major)Total Disadvantage Points: 350Background/History: Jack Kramer was a volunteer for Operation: Northguard, the Canadian Supherhuman training and research dvision. It also served as the official Canadian superteam with offices in Toronto and Vancouver. Jack was an eager, genetically appropriate young man who was given a gene-splice of a bear-like alien being who's body had been found and stored for a few years by O:NG (sometimes refered to as "Ong" (sounds like Bong). The gene-splice took and he was transformed into a huge, powerful, regenerating superhuman dubbed the Kodiak. When Canada decided to take part in Project: Unity (an international superteam that (in theory) would allow the various organizations that took part to share information and better defend Earth as a whole) they, like most of the other governements and organizations that formed Project: Unity, (known early on as P:U; and after it was more successful, simply as "Unity") sent a loyal, relatively untested hero (as their veterans were needed). Jack changed his name to Ursus when he joined Project: Unity as a show of his independance from O:NG.

The twenty or so young, eager, and mostly untested Heroes actually managed to gel and formed a cohesive team. Their sponsers were surprised. Jack showed a suprising amount of calm under fire and is considered one of the combat leaders of the huge, yet inexperienced super team. Personality/Motivation: At the beginning of his career, Jack is an earnest young man trying to make the world a better place by fighting evil and helping out in situations where his tremendous strength can lend a hand. He has a protective "Big Brother" attitude towards the Valkyrie, and his heart skips a beat when Silk walks by, but he's too shy to say anything to her. Quote: "These guys look tough. Spread out, don't let them gang up on you, call if you need help and keep the civilians out of danger; piece of cake, right?"

Powers/Tactics: Brick Smash. Campaign Use: This is actually one of only two Heroes Unlimited characters I have ever played. I thought up the idea of making one of each power category and subcategory a long time ago. I found my notes and half rolled characters while cleaning and dusted off my HU 2nd Ed revised, the Powers Unlimited books, and started finishing them...so that I could convert them to HERO. I need help.

Anyway, I've decided to keep each character to 350 pts. I might make them part of my Else Earth Campaign world or not, I haven't decided.

Appearance: When he was on Canada's payroll as Kodiak, Jack wore a white and red uniform with a mapleleaf design (for their "hero trainees"). He wore his hair long and wild to fit the name. Since joining Project: Unity, he wears a brown bodysuit with black trim, wide black bracers with gold colored studs, a similarly designed belt and black combat boots. The Project Unity ensignia, a gold triangle (point down) with a silver "U" in the center is on his belt buckle and his left shoulder. He wears a brown face mask that leaves his mouth, chin, eyes, and hair uncovered.

When not in uniform, he wears comfortable, specially tailored clothes.

Re: P:U (Project: Unity)

O:NG, like most of the organizations taking part in the projects are little more than names unfortunately. I see O:NG as a combination Departmen H from Alpha Flight and the Sentinels from Champions of the North...though that could be redundant. :)

Re: P:U (Project: Unity)ValkyrieVal Char Cost Roll Notes45 STR -2 18- Lift 12.8tons; 9d6 [3]23 DEX 12 14- OCV: 8/DCV: 825 CON -2 14-15 BODY -2 12-13 INT 3 12- PER Roll 12-11 EGO 2 11- ECV: 422 PRE 2 13- PRE Attack: 4d620 COM 0 13-9/24 PD 0 Total: 9/24 PD (0/15 rPD)5/20 ED 0 Total: 5/20 ED (0/15 rED)5 SPD 0 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 1214 REC 050 END 051 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 13Movement: Running: 6"/12" Flight: 15"/30" Leaping: 9"/18" Swimming: 2"/4"Cost Powers END25 Gildencleave's Blade: Multipower, 38-point reserve, (38 Active Points); all slots OIF Unbreakable (Can be taken away but Valkyrie can summon it back to her hand; -1/2)2u 1) Hurled Blade: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6 (30 Active Points); OIF Unbreakable (Can be taken away but Valkyrie can summon it back to her hand; -1/2) 32u 2) Lightning Stroke: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6-1, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Increased Maximum Range (775"; +1/4) (37 Active Points); OIF Unbreakable (Can be taken away but Valkyrie can summon it back to her hand; -1/2) 42u 3) The Golden Blade: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1 1/2d6 (3d6+1 w/STR), +1 Increased STUN Multiplier (+1/4) (31 Active Points); OIF Unbreakable (Can be taken away but Valkyrie can summon it back to her hand; -1/2) 3 Gildencleave's Powers Bestowed upon the Champion, all slots IIF Unbreakable (-1/4)4 1) Fears not the Darkness: Nightvision (5 Active Points); IIF Unbreakable (-1/4)4 2) See The Hidden: Detect Invisible Beings 12- (Sight Group) (5 Active Points); IIF Unbreakable (-1/4)24 3) The Gilded Wings: Flight 15" (30 Active Points); IIF Unbreakable (-1/4) 316 4) Tongues: Universal Translator 12- (20 Active Points); IIF Unbreakable (-1/4) The Powers of the Champion, all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)45 1) a - The Valkyrie's Armor: Armor (15 PD/15 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (56 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)36 2) b - The Valkyrie's Might: +37 STR, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (48 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic) 222 3) c - The Valkyrie's Prowess: +9 DEX (27 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)26 4) d - The Valkyrie's Might: +16 CON (32 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)10 5) e - The Valkyrie's Form: +6 BODY (12 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)8 6) f - The Valkyrie's Grace: +10 PRE (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)4 7) g - The Valkyrie's Beauty: +10 COM (5 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)16 8) h - The Valkyrie's Speed: +2 SPD (20 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)17 9) i - Fire/Cold Resistance: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); Only Works Against Fire or Cold (-1/2), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)3 10) j - The Gauntleted Fist: Hand-To-Hand Attack +1d6 (5 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 116 11) k - The Valkyrie's Skill: +4 with HTH Combat (20 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)Perks1 Salaried Super: Money: Well Off4 Fringe Benefit: Membership: Project Unity, Membership: The Crown SocietyTalents8 The Voice: Fascination (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)Skills2 CK: New York 11-3 Jack of All Trades2 1) PS: Dance (3 Active Points) 14-2 2) PS: Musician: Guitarist (3 Active Points) 14-2 3) PS: Sing (3 Active Points) 13-2 KS: Arcane And Occult Lore 11-2 KS: The Crown Society 11-3 Language: German (completely fluent)3 Lockpicking 14-3 Oratory 13-3 Paramedics 12-3 Persuasion 13-1 Seduction 8-3 Sleight Of Hand 14-3 Stealth 14-3 Streetwise 13-2 WF: Axes, Maces, Hammers, and Picks, BladesTotal Powers & Skill Cost: 337Total Cost: 350200+ Disadvantages20 Hunted: Hela 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)15 Hunted: Project: Unity 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)10 Hunted: The Crown Society 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)20 Hunted: The Iron Throne 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)10 Psychological Limitation: Disdainful of Bullies and Abusors (Uncommon, Strong)10 Psychological Limitation: Has a crush on Luminous (Common, Moderate)15 Psychological Limitation: Protective of Innocents (Common, Strong)15 Psychological Limitation: Sexual Identity is very confused. (Common, Strong)10 Rivalry: Professional and Romantic (Silk; Rival is More Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Unaware of Rivalry)5 Social Limitation: Minor: Age 16 (Occasionally, Minor)15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity: Brin Stahl (Frequently, Major)5 Unluck: 1d6Total Disadvantage Points: 350Background/History: Being a teenager is tough. Being unsure of your sexuality is tough. Brin was planning on running away, her parents were planning on a catholic private school. Her salvation came in the form of a kindly woman with a slight german accent. The woman turned out to be her mother's grandmother. The old woman took Brin with her to a quiet little town where she had time to think, and study music.

One evening her grandmother called her to the living room. She had a long wooden box on the floor beside her.

"You look very much like my sister did as a girl," her grandmother said.

"Thank you, Meg." Brin had insisted on calling her grandmother by her first name.

"When I was very young, like yourself, my sister and I were on a trip across Norway, we'd been travelling with our cousin, Lars. One dark, cold night, as we sat bundled by Lars' broken down car we were approached by men in dark coats. Lars asked them their business and they shot him."

Brin's eyes widened.

"My sister and I ran, but we heard them behind us. I tripped and fell, Diana stopped to help me to my feet and they were upon us. Diana screamed curses and tried to fight, I was so scared I could do nothing. One of the men hit Diana with his pistol and she fell. It was then that I heard a voice in my head. The voice was strong, and told me to stand and fight. I had felt something by my foot, and thinking it was a stick I grabbed it, I stood and raised it above my head and screamed a challenge to the two men who were tearing at Diana as she struggled; I screamed at them but it was not my voice I heard."

The old woman paused for a moment.

"The men looked at me in fear. Diana looked at me in fear. I wasted no time trying to figure out what was going on; I set upon the first man I'd never felt so alive, I grabbed him and held the stick up high, only now I realized it wasn't a stick. I was holding an axe. I was also holding the man of the ground with one hand. I threw him with all my might and he flew across the field and landed heavily. When I turned on the other man he had run away. I could see him clearly in the darkness and I cursed him. A bolt of lightning errupted from the axe and struck near his foot, he fell. It was then that I realized that I was wearing armor and standing towering over Diana, my older sister. I panicked and dropped the weapon. I began to cry. Diana helped me to my feet and I was me again. We found Lars and though he was gravely wounded we managed to get to safety. A few weeks later I was approached by a nice older woman and a stately gentleman. They explained many things to me and I eventually found myself fighting evil with the enchanted axe I had stumbled upon."

Brin giggled. It was another of Meg's stories. It had to be.

Meg smiled at her and nodded toward the box. Brin hesitated and then opened it. She gasped. Inside was a beautifully crafted battle axe with a blade of gold. She touched the blade and glowing white runes appeared. Brin almost fell backwards when the voice spoke to her.

Greetings Kin of Megan. It has been far too long since the Valkyrie flew into battle. I need your help.

Brin looked at her grandmother. Meg smiled and stood.

"Please do come in Dr. Agustus."

Brin was startled to see a young woman and a stately older gentleman standing in the kitchen. She'd not seen them until just now.

"Brin, I hope you can help us." The woman said as she walked forward.

That was a year ago. Now, Brin, as the Valkyrie has taken her grandmother's crusade against evil into the Twenty First Century. Personality/Motivation: Although quite young to be a superheroine, Brin has so far handled the responsibility well. She represents the Crown Society, a heroic organization of mystical bent. Her "liason"/Tutor has been training her in the supernatural as well as acting as a discreet ear for a confused young woman. Brin is unsure if she is gay or not. She finds herself attracted to people of either gender; but she's unable to bring herself to act on any of her crushes. She views Ursus' protectiveness as a paternal ideal, but she finds herself jealous of his feelings for Silk. She has a crush on the outgoing and beautiful Luminous.Quote: "Flowery speech and fiery passions are the calling card of my kind. However, I prefer kicking *** and taking names. So, what's your name?"Powers/Tactics: A demi Brick with a powerful, lethal weapon, Valkyrie generally tries to avoid using Gildencleaver against living beings, preferring to smash them with her superhuman strength and gauntleted fists. She's an effective "Hunter" being able to see in the dark as well as see invisible creatures. Campaign Use: This was my second HU character. She was Ursus' backup. (Each player had two characters). I made her back in high school and the whole "is she a lesbian" thing was cool back then. I decided to keep her that way. Appearance: Brin is an average girl. On the short side with brown hair and eyes. She has dreams of being in a rock band and tends to dress the part, jeans, tee shirts, little make up. As the Valkyrie she looks like a supermodel on steriods. Tall (6'1'') muscular (175 lbs), long blonde hair and perfect nordic goddess complexion. Her costume is a form fitting and sexy plate armor, it is two tone metallic blue, a dark base with an almost silvery trim and intricate patterns. Her helmet leaves her face open and has the required wings on either side. Gildencleave has a golden blade with glowing white runes. The blade is kind of long, and only on one side, the haft of the weapon is a polished white material, smoth to the touch but otherwise unidentifiable. The grip is brown leather with a thong at the base so she can whirl and hurl! The Axe can communicate to her and it translates almost any language. When not in her superhuman form, Gildencleave is worn around her neck as a tiny necklace (that cannot be removed from her) depicting a dragon wrapped around a double bladed axe.