Final Fantasy potions and items and Monsters

Scion Zane

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Final Fantasy potions and items and Monsters

Wow. That was serious necromancy. But I like Final Fantasy, so it's all good by me.

Speaking of which.

How would you stat First Tsurugi out? It's got 6 individual swords that can basically be combined into any combination of swords for different effects.[/quote

I would use multi power pool for this effect

Marboro:

Description: pod body with one eye in the center of body with mouth below eye and lots of tentacles and green skin.

30 Str 30pts

15 Dex 15pts

23 Con 26pts

20 Body 20pts

10 Int

15 ego 10pts

15 pre 5pts

6 Pd 6 Pdr 3pts

5 ED

11Rec

3 spd 2.5 5pts

46 End

47Stun

Atrib. 114pts

Weakness: Fire -20

Badbreath attack: Flash (blind) 7d6=35pts, linked+1/2, Flash sound (sound) 7d6=35pts, area effect any+1, 175active pts, End (17)

Extra limbs: (12) 60pts Limited Manipulation-1/4 ,15pts

Ttpts: 284pts

Marboro:

Description: pod body with one eye in the center of body with mouth below eye and lots of tentacles and green skin.

30 Str 30pts

15 Dex 15pts

23 Con 26pts

20 Body 20pts

10 Int

15 ego 10pts

15 pre 5pts

6 Pd 6 Pdr 3pts

5 ED

11Rec

3 spd 2.5 5pts

46 End

47Stun

Atrib. 114pts

Weakness: Fire -20

Badbreath attack: Flash (blind) 7d6=35pts, linked+1/2, Flash sound (sound) 7d6=35pts, area effect any+1, 175active pts, End (17)

Extra limbs: (12) 5pts Limited Manipulation-1/4 ,1.25pts

Ttpts: 280.25pts

FF/tactics stuff and 2 weapons

Squire:

Accumulate: one combat skill level 8pts,Rskill-1/4, 6pts

Dash: +3d6 HtoH 15pts, Rskill-1/4, etra endx2-1/2, 11pts End 4

Throw Stone +2ocv 4pts, Rskill-1/4, 1pts

Mage masher: (dagger) 1d6 Hka 15pts, linked +1/2, 8d6(silence) transform 143pts zeroEnd +1/2, 215pts, Oaf -1, real weapon-1/4,strmin6 -1/2,78pts

Blind Knife: (dagger) 1d6 hka 15pts, Linked+1/2, 8D6 flash sight 63pts, zero End+1/2, Oaf -1, real weapon-1/4, strmin6 -1/2, 35pts

Im thinking of adding 10pts to strength to the Accumlate for the extra dammage.

FF. Knight Abilities:

Power pool

Armor break: Drain dex. 4d6=40pts rskill-1/2, 27pts End 4, slot (fixed) 3pts

Power break: Drain str. 4d6=40pts rskill-1/2, 27pts End 4, slot (fixed) 3pts

Mana break: Drain end 4d6=40pts r skill-1/2, 27pts End 4, slot (fixed) 3pts

Spd. Break: Drain Spd. 4d6=40pts r skill-1/2, 27pts End 4, slot (fixed) 3pts

Monk:

Earth slash: 5d6 Eb. 25pts, Area effect line+1/2, Rskill-1/2, 38pts, End 4, slot (fixed)

3pts

Monk:

Earth slash: 5d6 Eb. 25pts, Area effect line+1/2, Rskill-1/2, 38pts, End 4, slot (fixed)

3pts

Rapid punch: +4d6 hth= 20pts, Auto fire (10) +1, 1/2 end+1/2 30pts active, Rskill-1/2, 15pts, slot (fixed) 2pts End 2

Circle punch: +4d6 hth=20 Area effect (circle)+1, 40 active, Rskill-1/2, 20pts, slot(fixed) 2pts End 4

Chokra: Aide 2d6(healing Body) =20pts, linked +1/2, Aide 2d6(healing stun) =20, Linked+1/2, Aide 2d6 (Healing End) =20pts, 35pts, Rskill-1/2, 17.5, End 4, Slot (fixed) 2pts

Summon:

Imp(pet): from World of warcraft

5 str: +5pts

15 dex: 15pts ocv: 5 dcv: 5

20 con: 20pts

10 body:

10 int:

10 ego:

10 pre:

10 com:

4 Pd: 3pts

4 Ed:

2.5 spd:

5 rec:

40 end:

22.5 stun:

Fire bolt: 2d6 Rka, 30pts, +1 stun+1/2, extra knock back+3/4, 38pts

+3 to con and end =6pts, usable bye others+1, Area effect (any) only party members+3/4, 11pts

Slavish loyally+1

178pts summon

Buyable options:

Imp Phasing: (desolidification ) 40pts, 0 end+1, 80pts, all ways on until master is hit or turned off, -1/4, 20pts

Fire shield: 1d6 Hka, 15pts, usable bye others+1, Area effect (any) only party members+3/4, 0 End+1/2, Damage shield+ 2/4, 45pts, all ways on-1/2, 23pts

I know I'm really new around here and everything, but I just am pondering something. I admit that I might have missed something when I was looking over the 80+ posts, but please bear with me. :)

In FF it seems that when people die, they actually DIE. It is just the case that in game play, people don't actually die that often. They get KOd.

Maybe healing magic should have a limitation on it to prevent potions from working on somebody who has zero body? Justified by something like "At zero or negative body, the soul is no longer solidly connected with the body, preventing healing magic from performing at normal effeciency. At this point, a Pheonix Down is the only supernatural effect that will restore Body to the character."

Just a thought. :)

I know I'm really new around here and everything, but I just am pondering something. I admit that I might have missed something when I was looking over the 80+ posts, but please bear with me. :)

In FF it seems that when people die, they actually DIE. It is just the case that in game play, people don't actually die that often. They get KOd.

Maybe healing magic should have a limitation on it to prevent potions from working on somebody who has zero body? Justified by something like "At zero or negative body, the soul is no longer solidly connected with the body, preventing healing magic from performing at normal effeciency. At this point, a Pheonix Down is the only supernatural effect that will restore Body to the character."

Just a thought. :)

Healing potions do not bring back the dead only pheonix downs do. But in my games if you dont use a Pheonix down with in three days time the person is dead and there is no coming back from it

Healing potions do not bring back the dead only pheonix downs do.

But do they? PCs don't seem to die, they get "KO" status. Whenever somebody dies in the cut scenes, nobody goes rushing about for a phoenix down. Whenever somebody comes "back from the dead" it seems like it is a bad thing. Seymour for example. Otherwise Aeris would probably have only been down for a short while and made it to the last fight.

So what I'm saying... is that actual capital D Death should be permanent, but maybe there should be a danger zone between "healthy and healable" and "dead and buriable" that the phoenix down can fix, but most white magic and potions can't. Say, between 0 and -BODY.

But do they? PCs don't seem to die, they get "KO" status. Whenever somebody dies in the cut scenes, nobody goes rushing about for a phoenix down. Whenever somebody comes "back from the dead" it seems like it is a bad thing. Seymour for example. Otherwise Aeris would probably have only been down for a short while and made it to the last fight.

So what I'm saying... is that actual capital D Death should be permanent, but maybe there should be a danger zone between "healthy and healable" and "dead and buriable" that the phoenix down can fix, but most white magic and potions can't. Say, between 0 and -BODY.

When Aeris dies in FF7 that was a plot device, for the story. But in a paper rpg Pc are all ways diffrent then electronic gameing.

Some time Pc dont have access to phenox downs. or a raise spell. then they are dead time to make a new cher. But when you run your game go with what you feal it should be.:thumbup:

When Aeris dies in FF7 that was a plot device' date=' for the story.[/quote']

For the sake of thinking about the mechanics though, lets assume it isn't a plot device. Lets say that something happened that made curing magic impossible and Aeris dying was just the way the dice fell.

What would be the method for building curing magic that doesn't work when the target is below zero BODY, but not dead and an item/spell that only works when the character is in that in between state?

ok according to the 5th edition hero book when you reach negative your body stat your dead. Healing spell or potion could Possibly be used to bring you back like in KO status. But talking to my friend Nsg. you would need major transform to bring back the spirit

ok according to the 5th edition hero book when you reach negative your body stat your dead.

Okay, let me try again.

I'm interested in a FF style game where there is ZERO resurrection. NO bringing back the dead at all. Well, perhaps aside from coming back as an unnatural monstrosity on the side of evil, but that isn't really a PC option.

So, these characters basically have three states. Normal is having Body left. This is the state where Cure spells and Potions work. KO is between 0 and Neg Body. This is the state where only Raise spells and Phoenix Downs can work and cure spells and potions fail to produce any effect. Then there is -Body where there is no power available to the PCs that will bring them back under player control.

This is because I'm assuming that during the game, things like Aeris' death in a tabletop game are determined by dice and not fiat so I want actual mechanical effects that dictate when a Phoenix Down can and cannot save a person's life.

What I'm wondering is, what would appropriate limitations for such healing be?

• 1 month later...

Potion: (healing) BODY/STUN +1/2, 3d6 =30pts, OAF -1, Fragile -1/4, gestures (drinking) -1/4, Charges (1) -2,Independ-2, 7pts or 14gill

Hi-potion (healing) BODY/STUN +1/2, 6d6 =60pts, OAF -1, Fragile -1/4, gestures (drinking) -1/4, Charges (1) -2,independent-2, 13pts or 26 gill

X-potion (healing) Body/stun +1/2, 12d6 = 120pts, Oaf -1, Fragile -1/4, Gestures (drinking) -1/4, Charges (1) -2, independ-2, 27pts or 270 gill

Ether (healing) END 3d6 =30pts, OAF -1, Fragile -1/4, gestures (drinking) -1/4, Charges (1) -2, independt-2, 5pts or 9 gill

Power wrist Bracers: +10 str=10pts, +2 dcv=10pts, IAF-1/2,independ-2 =5pts or 100 gill

Power Belt: +20 str=20pts, +3 DCV=15pts, IAF-1/2, independ-2= 6pts or 120gill

Yep I for got it sorry all

Okay, let me try again.

I'm interested in a FF style game where there is ZERO resurrection. NO bringing back the dead at all. Well, perhaps aside from coming back as an unnatural monstrosity on the side of evil, but that isn't really a PC option.

So, these characters basically have three states. Normal is having Body left. This is the state where Cure spells and Potions work. KO is between 0 and Neg Body. This is the state where only Raise spells and Phoenix Downs can work and cure spells and potions fail to produce any effect. Then there is -Body where there is no power available to the PCs that will bring them back under player control.

This is because I'm assuming that during the game, things like Aeris' death in a tabletop game are determined by dice and not fiat so I want actual mechanical effects that dictate when a Phoenix Down can and cannot save a person's life.

What I'm wondering is, what would appropriate limitations for such healing be?

For such a Healing system, you would apply a Limitation to Potions and Cure spells. "Only works on characters with positive Body and Stun" (-1/2 at least). Pheonix Downs and Life spells don't have that Limitation, and thus they will work on characters that are Negative in Body and/or Stun. Disallow the Resurrection adder to Healing and characters who reach Death cannot be brought back at all.

For such a Healing system' date=' you would apply a [i']Limitation[/i] to Potions and Cure spells. "Only works on characters with positive Body and Stun" (-1/2 at least). Pheonix Downs and Life spells don't have that Limitation, and thus they will work on characters that are Negative in Body and/or Stun. Disallow the Resurrection adder to Healing and characters who reach Death cannot be brought back at all.

Thanxs NSG

*cough* Double (at least!) the cost of the X-potion.... ;)

LOL ok I changed the price for the x-potion

Im curently working on Soldier package deals from crisis core.

This is what i have so far class 3 soldier

+5 to str, body, con, dex, =40pts

+1 spd =10pts

+5 ocv for 2 handed swords,=10pts

materia skill 3pts

martial arts 3pts

manuvers 10pts

76pts

dissadds

distinctive featuers uniform:5pts

subject to orders:10pts

watched: security:5pts

watched: SOLDIER:5pts

rep security:(hot shots,budget hogs):15pts

40pts

cost 36pts

+5 OCV with Swords sounds like a lot. With their DEX bonus giving them a natural OCV of 5, I would think that a +2 OCV bonus with Swords would be sufficient.

Also, you've forgotten a few basic skills:

WF: Common Melee

WF: Small Arms

If 3rd Class SOLDIER's are highly mobile you could add:

Defense Maneuver II (5)

Rapid Attack-Hand to Hand (5)

Within their training chances are pretty good that they learn Breakfall, Acrobatics, Climbing, Stealth and Shadowing as well. They would probably also have Tactics and Teamwork.

+5 OCV with Swords sounds like a lot. With their DEX bonus giving them a natural OCV of 5, I would think that a +2 OCV bonus with Swords would be sufficient.

Also, you've forgotten a few basic skills:

WF: Common Melee

WF: Small Arms

If 3rd Class SOLDIER's are highly mobile you could add:

Defense Maneuver II (5)

Rapid Attack-Hand to Hand (5)

Within their training chances are pretty good that they learn Breakfall, Acrobatics, Climbing, Stealth and Shadowing as well. They would probably also have Tactics and Teamwork.

yes i did for get thoes, I made the sword ocv +5 because you saide it was to low from when i had it a +3, and it was only a ruffdraft

yes i did for get thoes' date=' I made the sword ocv +5 because you saide it was to low from when i had it a +3, and it was only a ruffdraft[/quote']

I think you missunderstood me. I believe I was talking about the type of skill levels. +OCV levels are okay, but I think their training qualifies for full 3pt CSL's.

• 2 weeks later...

Bullbasore (gaia battler)

20 Str 10pts

15 Dex 15pts Ocv:5 Dcv:5

20 Body 10pts

20 Con 20pts

10 Int Per:12-

10 Ego

10 Com

18 pre 8pts Pre attack 3d6

4 Pd: 1 4Rpd:2pts

4 Ed: 4Ed: 2pts

3 Spd: 5pts

7 Rec:

40 End:

33 Stun:

64pts

Skill levels:

4 all combat skill levels 32pts

1 over all combat 10pts

Extra limbs:5 pts

Razor leaf: 1d6 hka 15pts, Range based on str+1/4, 19pts, End 2

Solar Beam: 10d6 Eb =50pts,

My ads

Razor leaf storm: 1d6 hka 15pts, Range based on str+1/4, Auto fire+1/2 (5), 26.25pts, End 3

Goop sap entangle: 5d6 def 5=50pts, Sticky+1/2, 75pts, End 8

yes I know its not a FF monster but i could not resist and i used it for one just to through my players off the trail. So i named it an gaia battler. it was a lot of fun