Igard Confederacy

mayapuppies

So here is where the game will be taking place...the one I've been bantering about for the past couple of weeks.

I've decided to finally focus on a single nation and then build from there. As it stands I have plenty of "notes" to help me should I need to venture further than Igard.

I'm no Keith Curtis, but I'm happy with it. :D

For a bit of scale...Lake Kindrid is approximately 35 miles from north to south.

Re: Igard Confederacy

Thanks.

Here's the overview of the area:

The Igard Confederacy is a vibrant, growing nation. Founded on the banks of the Attin River, which now forms the nation’s western border, Igard has expanded steadily to the east along the coast of the Gongara Ocean. Its eastern border is the shores of the Todar Ocean. The confederacy claims the west bank of the Attin, but in truth this land is under the rebellious rule of the Amo barbarians. The northwest border of Igard forms the southern border of Sjirt along the Eivind and Kimedila Mountains. The Eibre Mountains form the northeast border.

Igard is not a sovereign nation unto itself, but instead it is a complicated confederacy. Each major town is in charge of its own affairs and maintain a seat within the Senate. Most form into provinces based on racial and/or cultural heritages and thus form a second layer of political maneuvering. These provinces, though unofficial, have become known by common names.

Western Igard is collectively known as the Borderlands and is occupied by native Igardians and “civilized†clans of Amo. Central Igard is populated almost entirely by Igardians. North central Igard is known as the Brurello Valley and is ruled by Lucani. The eastern coasts are controlled by Doresti, while the Eibre Mountains in the northeast are under the iron fist of the Trisin.

I would try to include: actual title of who rules the nation; are they kingdoms, oligarchies, etc.

This is hard to capture in a few sentences, but what is day to day life like here? Is this a feudal society with mostly peasant villages, a richer society with thriving guilds and craftsmen, a war-torn region trafficked by mercenaries and sellswords, a theocracy where the populace withers under the close gaze of the priest-rulers, etc. In short, something to give players a hook as to how their characters might fit into the society.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm starting to write-up the game website (http://kamarathin.com/kamarathin/) and thus far I have the first 4 incomplete characters posted. "Isaac" is currently in Cancun and thus cannot finish his until he returns...damn lack of priorities if you ask me. :eg:

I am expecting 2 maybe 3 more players and that will be confirmed this weekend.

My hope is to gradually add to the site as the players explore their environs, assuming they don't kill each other inside the first session.

I've managed to cobble a nice little intro with the Smuggler Karus being kind of a central glue to hold things together. He started as just a contact for Schalk, but has grown into quite the little criminal with ties to three of the four characters and even into Mani's father...:eg:

Interesting characters!

Where does the "PreReq" Limitation come from?

With a Psionics roll of 11-, Mani is going to need 9- rolls to use a lot of her powers!

The "Only While Running" Limitation: Especially at -1, you should make it clear what qualifies as Running (I've had players who assumed that moving any distance at all, even 1" and then attacking, counted as 'Running').

Interesting characters!

Where does the "PreReq" Limitation come from?

It's a custom Lim that has its basis in D20 Feats.

With a Psionics roll of 11-, Mani is going to need 9- rolls to use a lot of her powers!

Yep. She has a history of destroying my plot lines with Psionics so I didn't bother telling her.

The "Only While Running" Limitation: Especially at -1, you should make it clear what qualifies as Running (I've had players who assumed that moving any distance at all, even 1" and then attacking, counted as 'Running').

I've already told him it's only during NCM (or at least Max combat speed)

Well I had a slow day at work and I haven't been doing much Hero System stuff of late...so I wondered what kind of PC I might make for this game. Here's what I got. :)

===

Javin was an "investigator" (in modern terms, a detective; in medieval terms a mercenary/PI who managed to establish connections with nobility with the need to get certain questions answered). He established quite a reputation for himself amongst certain circles for his ability to follow the twists and turns of the criminal mind. He also learned that the nobles he worked for were often as crooked as the common folk he helped bring to justice, but he set that knowledge aside...for a while.

Eventually the hypocrisy of helping rich crooks punish poor ones grew too great, and he left his old life behind, travelling the wilds of Igard and pondering the nature of the world. For three years he lived the life of a hermit. At long last he felt ready to return to the world of men, but his disdain for authority remained. In addition, he bore a vow of his own making, to "carry no weapon" and rely instead on his own hands (and the knowledge of fighting he had gained over the years) in times of need.

(Lady Merlinda is a young noblewoman, who fell in love with Javin during his time as an investigator. She desperately wishes to marry him, despite his status as a commoner (and the wishes of her father), and will go to great lengths to persuade him of her love.)

Javin is a short and unassuming man in his early thirties. Although he makes a point of treating friend and foe alike with fairness, he masks this "code" behind a cynical, pessimistic worldview. He dresses in the simple clothes of a commoner, disdaining armor unless he knows the situation will merit its use.

[b]Javin - [/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
10    STR     0   10      11-       HTH Damage 2d6  END [2]
13    DEX     9   13      12-       OCV 4 DCV 4
11    CON     2   11      11-
11    BODY    2   11      11-
10    INT     0   10      11-       PER Roll 11-
13    EGO     6   13      12-       ECV: 4
13    PRE     3   13/20      12- / 13-       PRE Attack: 2 1/2d6 / 4d6
10    COM     0   10      11-
4    PD      2   4             4 PD (0 rPD)
3    ED      1   3             3 ED (0 rED)
3    SPD     7   3                 Phases:  4, 8, 12
4    REC     0   4
22    END     0   22
22    STUN    0   22
7    RUN      2   7"                END [1]
4    SWIM     2   4"                END [1]
3    LEAP     1   3"                3" forward, 1 1/2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 37[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
5     [b][i]Unbending Will[/i][/b]: +7 PRE (7 Active Points); Only to resist PRE attacks and PRE-based Skills (-1/2) - END=

[b]POWERS Cost: 5[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]MARTIAL ARTS[/u][/b]
     Martial Arts:  Standing Oak
3      Defensive Throw:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +1 DCV, Block, Target Falls
5      Disarming Throw:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab Weapon, 15 STR to take weapon away; Target Falls
4      Fast Strike:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +0 DCV, 4d6 Strike
5      Grappling Block:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +1 DCV, Grab One Limb, Block

[b]MARTIAL ARTS Cost: 17[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
3      Analyze:  Style 11-
3      Breakfall 12-
6      +2 with Martial Art
3      Concealment 11-
3      Criminology 11-
3      Cryptography 11-
3      Deduction 11-
10      Defense Maneuver I-IV 
3      High Society 12- (13-)
2      KS: Criminal Techniques 11-
2      KS: Martial Arts 11-
2      AK: Igard Confederacy 11-
2      CuK: Criminal Underworld 11-
2      CuK: Legal World 11-
3      Lipreading 11-
3      Navigation (Land, Marine) 11-
3      Oratory 12- (13-)
3      Paramedics 11-
3      Persuasion 12- (13-)
3      PS: Investigator 12-
3      Security Systems 11-
3      Streetwise 12- (13-)
2      Survival (Temperate/Subtropical) 11-
3      Teamwork 12-
3      Tracking 11-
3      Trading 12- (13-)
5      TF:  Riding Animals, Carts & Carriages, Large Wind-Powered Boats, Small Wind-Powered Boats
4      WF:  Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons

[b]SKILLS Cost: 91[/b]

[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
15     Psychological Limitation:  Vow: Carry no weapon (Common, Strong)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Disregard for authority (Common, Strong)
10     Psychological Limitation:  Code of "fair play" (Common, Moderate)
10     Psychological Limitation:  Secretive about his past (Uncommon, Strong)
5     Reputation:  Investigator, 8-
10     Hunted:  Merlinda, noblewoman fiancée 8- (As Pow, NCI, Mildly Punish)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 65[/b]

Base Pts: 75
Exp Required: 10
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 150

• 2 weeks later...