DC / Marvel Characters in Champions Universe

L.Craig

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: DC / Marvel Characters in Champions Universe

Um... Balor?

I know there are other mythological one-eyed giants out there, but naming them such without there being a corresponding reason in their background is just too precious for me.

Actually Stan Lee kinda rocked with names. Angel was an obvious moniker, Marvel Girl kinda generic but Cyclops? Based entirely off of his special effects and costume design. Beast? Prehensile feet and agility, and could have easily been Apeman instead. Iceman, when he originally looked like Snowman. This is good stuff.

Can't argue with you about Stan Lee (or was it Jack Kirby). ;) Rather inconsistent, but names like Doctor Doom, the Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Galactus, the Silver Surfer, Iron Man, Hulk, have great resonance.

OTOH the man also gave us Paste-Pot Pete and Fin Fang Foom. :rolleyes:

Can't argue with you about Stan Lee (or was it Jack Kirby). ;) Rather inconsistent, but names like Doctor Doom, the Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Galactus, the Silver Surfer, Iron Man, Hulk, have great resonance.

OTOH the man also gave us Paste-Pot Pete and Fin Fang Foom. :rolleyes:

Yes, but the Trapster still has to deal with people knowing he used to be Paste-Pot Pete.

The Trapster aka Paste Pot Pete is a vastly under rated character. Back in my shilling for T$R demo's days, I'd always toss him out in the stack of characters to choose for the villain events, and he was always the last one picked.......then, turns out he's the last one standing. :D

Binder from the CU, very much the same way. I've had folks far more terrified to end up with Binder hunting them, then oh....Menton or Mechanon....Entangle is a brutally effective power.

~Rex.....figures he will now introduce a Binder/Trapster kinda character in his game now that the Party is already terrified of the Nautical Villains Net Guns his minions shoot at them......fear the REAL entangles. :D