Star Wars - The Jedi Academy Campaign: The Final Chapter

Nevenall

My Star Wars campaign is nearly at a close.

In the final chapter the characters will face Dark Skywalker, a clone of Luke that Darth Vader raised and trained in secret. Dark is a master of most of the standard Force powers I've developed for my campaign, which are listed here.

The reason I'm posting is to solicit ideas for powers that Dark can surprise the Jedi with.

In the end it will probably be Dark against at least three Jedi Knights, so something that can even the odds would be cool.

Many thanks in advance.

Re: Star Wars - The Jedi Academy Campaign: The Final Chapter

Little known fun fact: Change Environment is probably the least utilized and most dead-useful power in the game. Standing too close to me? My Darkness boils your mind - you're at -4 to EVERYTHING (all effects simultaneously, +2). AOE: One Hex Doubled, Personal Immunity. 0 END, Inherent. Can't be turned off, because he's just so... DARN EVIL.

Mind Control is always amusing. Charm Person always was a level one spell. "You there, Jedi. Kill him." "Righto, chief!" Not really a shocker, but can turn a 3-1 fight into a 2-2 fight right quick.

Force Choke a *****. Never fails. Not surprising, but classic.

Telkinetic Animation. Some variations of Luke are SO POWERFUL that he can tear an ISD in half with his BRAIN. That's a bit much, but nothing says you need to hold back. I wrote 'Evards Black Tentacles' as a visible effect TK - simply, Dark Force Matter twists out of the control and begins grappling with the PCs.

Let me know if any of those are useful.

heheeehe supress force powers

Ouch!

Hmm... maybe area effect force choke!

Wielding two lightsabers with the force as well as his own! (and the extra, limited speed to back it up!)

Flight.

Summon Dark Force Clone(s).

Drain/suppress Lightsaber.

Revealing that he's their long lost uncle (even if the characters aren't related!)... I jest, I jest! :hush:

Well, I'm dry for ideas, not particularly sure how useful they were, though I hope they might at least act as a springboard for better articulated idea-makers.

P.S. I love your rules for this, and can't wait til I can see the whole shebang (assuming you keep updating the material since the campaign is done).:)

Thanks.

Now that I feel pretty happy with the Force, I'm working on Spaceships and other equipment.

Thanks for the ideas every one.

I think I know the direction I'm going to go. Dark willl have some healing or regenerative abilities based upon being a disciple in the tradition of the Sith lord who could reputedly control the substance of life. However, he has three well trained Sith who have the more unusual powers. Which fits with Dark's strategy of finding and training people with strange powers for use in his long range plotting.

So far I'm think a duelist type with flashy acrobatic powers, second mesmerist with more then the usual mental powers. For the third I'm not so sure yet.

No reason a Sith can't just be supremely expert at various weapons technologies - an unmatched combat pilot, an unerring shot (beyond the ability of many Jedi to deflect), etc. Give him a skyspeeder with a mounted blaster cannon and he's Hell On Wings. Add in strong TK usable from a cockpit and he's practically unbeatable.

Or heck, maybe he can just use TK to control the machines from a point of safety.

That sounds like a good idea, more of a mastermind type, but one that can kick **** in a duel better than palpatine. :doi:

I can't wait to see your vehicle stuff, as well as racial stats for aliens, just rather interested in how you'd do it.

Force Kill: 1D6 RKA(15) Indirect (+3/4) AVLD vs Natual PD(+1 1/2) Does Body (+1) Active: 64.

Limitations: Full Phase (-1/2) Requires a Skill Roll (-1/2) Gestures (-1/4) 28pts. End =6/attack

This power is the next logical step to the Force Choke. Dark is able to literally reach inside his target and rip them to shreds from the inside out! equipped armor doesn't protect against this sort of attack, only a characters natural toughness (natural PD) will afford any protection whatsoever. Dark can use his skill levels to push the damage up to a maximum of 2D6K damage, allowing him to kill most foes with only one or two precision strikes. (Hit locations would be applicable if used in your campaign)

You cannot resist the Power of the DARK SIDE!: +30 PRE (30)

Limitations: Only for PRE Attacks (-1/2) Cost End (-1/2) Requires a Skill Roll (-1/2) 12pts. End = 3/PRE attack.

When Dark is engaged in combat with enemy Jedi, he likes to use Dark Words to subvert the Jedi's confidence in himself and in the Force. When their resolve is suitably shaken, he moves in for the kill...not with his lightsabre, but with his Force of Personality. Using the Seductive Lure of the Dark Side, he empowers his Dark Words to overpower the will of the Jedi in question. With this ability, Dark can cause Fear, Anger, Anguish, Lust...just about any emotion can be elicited, but the closer to the targets heart Dark gets, the more powerful the effect the words will have on the happless Jedi...

Darkside Prowess: Transfer[DEX] 1D6(15) +20(10) to maximum effect: Area of Effect-Radius(+1) Personal Immunity(+1/4) Continuous(+1) Active 81pts

Limitations: Requires Skill Roll (-1/2) Gestures (-1/2) 40pts End = 8/phase

With this power Dark really shows off his fighting style. He begins to leap and flip about with such grace and agility that all onlookers are awed by the display. Any opponents attempting to combat Dark during this "Kata" will be confused and bewildered by the unusual movements and lack of patterns in this fighting style. As the combat continues, opponents of Dark begin to feel lethargic and sluggish in comparison to Darks exceptionally kinetic fighting style.

This power is writtem up as a Transfer because as Dark gets better at fighting, his opponents get worse. Much worse. They begin to trip over themselves in an effort to keep up with his movements. This power can drain a total of 26 pts of Dex from any opponent in the Area of Effect, which is a total of 9 Dex points from an opponent, (giving them to Dark) This affects not only ordero of initiative, but CV as well.

Happy hunting, Dark!

• 1 year later...

Holy Crap!

I just realised how nasty that Darkside Prowess ability can be!

Lets say that Dark Skywalker is facing off against 3 Jedi Knights at once. Dark starts with a DEX of 20 and CV of 7. His opponents also have a DEX of 20 and a base CV of 7. Pretty evenly matched so far.

Well, if Dark activates Darkside Prowess, in as little as 4 phases, Dark could be DEX 29 (base CV-10) vs DEX-11 opponents (base CV-4). Not so even anymore.

I think I'll use that power for the main Dark Force user in my new campaign!

We finished the campaign this summer with a two part battle. The first against two Sith, one an acrobat and the other a sneaky Sith with strong mental powers. Then the final battle against Dark which had some nice dramatic moments, especially when the player who always rolls terribly rolled a natural 3 to thwart Dark's evil plot. :)

So, here’s the mini-run down, cheesy as it is.

Dark Skywalker captured an ancient Sith library from which he learned the legend of a group of dark force users who supposedly retreated to a hidden underground world before the founding of the first Jedi Order. Dark determined that the planet Corellia was the location of this secret world, so, in the hopes of finding allies against the new Jedi Order and making inroads into New Republic territory, he launched a massive surprise attack against Corellia.

The Jedi slipped past the Imperial blockade to the planet’s surface and snuck into the space port where they sensed Dark’s presence. The Imperials had dug into a cavern from the space port’s power core and at end of this cavern the Jedi found a gigantic spherical room with a single narrow spire in the middle and half filled with human skulls.

On top of the spire Dark was waiting at some strange kind of control panel while, at his command, a hundred Ego-less space port personnel sifted through the skulls looking for the one that contained the key to the hidden world.

Towards the end of the battle Dark was running out of End to use his Dex and Speed boosting power when one of the searchers finally found the skull with the key. Dark used his telekinesis to grab the skull, but as he was just about to catch it one of the Jedi aborted to catch the skull and rolled a 3 in the attempt.

Dark’s final stratagem was to throw away his saber away and command Bruja, the Jedi who had struggled with the Dark Side for the whole campaign, to strike him down. Bruja killed Dark, but it left him teetering on the edge of the Dark Side.

During the campaign I would always call for an Ego roll with various modifiers to resist the fear and anger that leads to the Dark Side, but this time I let Bruja’s player decide what the final tone of the campaign would be. He chose not to give in.

• 2 weeks later...

So, here’s the mini-run down, cheesy as it is.

Dark Skywalker captured an ancient Sith library from which he learned the legend of a group of dark force users who supposedly retreated to a hidden underground world before the founding of the first Jedi Order. Dark determined that the planet Corellia was the location of this secret world, so, in the hopes of finding allies against the new Jedi Order and making inroads into New Republic territory, he launched a massive surprise attack against Corellia.

The Jedi slipped past the Imperial blockade to the planet’s surface and snuck into the space port where they sensed Dark’s presence. The Imperials had dug into a cavern from the space port’s power core and at end of this cavern the Jedi found a gigantic spherical room with a single narrow spire in the middle and half filled with human skulls.

On top of the spire Dark was waiting at some strange kind of control panel while, at his command, a hundred Ego-less space port personnel sifted through the skulls looking for the one that contained the key to the hidden world.

Towards the end of the battle Dark was running out of End to use his Dex and Speed boosting power when one of the searchers finally found the skull with the key. Dark used his telekinesis to grab the skull, but as he was just about to catch it one of the Jedi aborted to catch the skull and rolled a 3 in the attempt.

Dark’s final stratagem was to throw away his saber away and command Bruja, the Jedi who had struggled with the Dark Side for the whole campaign, to strike him down. Bruja killed Dark, but it left him teetering on the edge of the Dark Side.

During the campaign I would always call for an Ego roll with various modifiers to resist the fear and anger that leads to the Dark Side, but this time I let Bruja’s player decide what the final tone of the campaign would be. He chose not to give in.

Nice!

My story is going to revolve around a 3-way battle of sorts. The rise of the Imperial Knights, the return of the Sith order and the Jedi of course. The Imperial Knights are the Empire's answer to the Jedi. They aren't Dark Force users per se, but they skirt the Darkside and Luke considers them dangerous. The Imperial Knights purposefully seek duels with Jedi in order to build their reputation.

Unknown to both the Jedi and the Imp Knights, the Sith have returned and are working their machinations from the shadows (as usual). The Sith are currently in a recruiting drive pulling individuals from both the New Jedi Order and the Imperial Knights. Darth Krayt is a new breed of Sith, ignoring the One Master, One Apprentice rule laid down by Darth Bane.