Knightshift Stories -- Campaign Log

Matt Frisbee

Re: Knightshift Stories -- Campaign Log

Friz, I'ma gonna slap you bout the head and shoulders. Ya know how hard I'm trying with Anagram? Huh? Do ya? Heheheh. Sounds like an awesome lead in my friend. Here in a short while when the store dies down to a dull roar I'll be strappin on the spandex once again.

Later Bro.

Barry

AKA- Powerhouse

Hey Barry,

Thanks for dropping by the thread! Sorry to shoot down your plans with Anagram, but that doesn't mean she can't be saved, right? If your characters can figure out what's making her tick, well, that would change things, wouldn't it? :) But I'm getting ahead of myself. Consider the story some motivation to find a hole in your schedule...

Seriously, bro, see you Friday.

Matt "Can't-wait-to-spend-my-money-in-your-store" Frisbee

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heheheh. :) sounds good my friend, and hey, thanks to Matt for making our exploits so, well, good. The games themselves are beyond belief most of the time, and at their worst well above average. And kudos to the guys and gals here on the boards who enjoy Matt's excerpts. He's more talented than anyone I know and deserves some accolades.

Thumbs up true believers!

Barry

BTW Matt' date=' I have the new costume design under wraps for Powerhouse.[/quote']

From the looks of your pic there, I can only imagine "Presence Attack: Boobies (does not work against heterosexual women {-1/4})"

In Gadgets and Gear on page 125 there is a listing for a Distracting Costume which reads as follows:

+20 PRE (20 active points); OIF(-1/2), Only to make seductive/friendly presence attacks solely for the purposes of causing target to delay his actions in combat(-1), Only versus targets of appropriate sexual orientation(-1), Only works once per target per scene(-1/2). Total cost: 5 points.

Just a note to regular readers of the thread -- the guy who hosts our game (Barry) is getting a gaming store off of the ground, so our game is on hiatus until we can all get it together. Hopefully, our game will get back on track in a couple of weeks. Thanks for your patience!

Matt "Keepin'-my-fingers-crossed" Frisbee

Is there a website for the new store? Even if there isn't, I would drive a hundred miles to buy from a store and help put a guy on his feet. All I would need is the address.

And make sure the shelves are full of Hero System and d6.

There isn't a website for the store, yet. The store is called Shattered Sun Games and Hobby in Keokuk, Iowa. It is right along US 218 (Business 61 otherwise known as Main Street) next to the Chief Motel. If you want a specific street address or a phone number, PM Rhonda Savage (Barry).

And yes, they have Hero System -- and if Shattered Sun don't have it, it can be ordered. :) To be honest, though, Keokuk is probably out of driving range if 100 miles is your limit. And don't worry too much, I probably spent enough there over the weekend to cover for you...

Matt "Gaming-addict-since-the-1970's" Frisbee

WOWO!

Heheh thanks all for the supportive comments! We only wish ya lived closer so we could game with ya face to face. Here's the address, email, and phone of our humble store. (and can ya believe it's actually bright and cheery, seriously. LOL) Also I'll be back in a few to post a few pix and whatnot.. gotta take em first.

Thanks all!!

(BTW, we do 15% off of prepaid special orders) *grin*

Shattered Sun Game & Hobby

2641 Main Street Suite #2

Keokuk, Iowa 52632

(319) 524 5549

gamer_bc@yahoo.com

Some day, I will have the time to make it down there, and I'll pop in. There used to be a time where I could drive over 3 hours to game, but now I'm married and its harder to do.

Still, if anyone from the Des Moines area happens to pop into this thread, I would love to have you. I've only got 2 and a half players right now. :weep:

Two and a half? LOL who's the half?

I think everyone has run into the half player a few times in their lives. He's the guy who's created a character, and your plot was developed to include him, but he always has to work or has a family emergency or a comic book store to run :D and can't make it to the games.

I should start a manifesto about the different types of players, but since we are waiting for the plot to start up again, I would like to go down this particular rabbit trail.

Now that we've defined half players, let's add a definition for 3/4ths players. There are actually two types of 3/4ths players. The first type is the kind that show up to the game, but have a cell phone or pager or something that keeps distracting them, but insist they can still play. My brother, bless his soul, fell into this category. It always results in less than stellar game play, and in one case he wasn't paying attention in combat and started firing a shotgun in the direction of the bad guys who were escaping through a school playground at recess.

The other type is someone who is physically there but has some sort of disconnect in their head that spaces them out. A good example of this would be the late, lamented RJM Hughes (who many posters still remember). Roger was a Type I diabetic who didn't always have the money to keep his diabetes under control. Instead he would show up to games with a box of fudge pops or Mountain Dew, and when he started getting hazy he would down them and try to get back on an even keel. So what would happen is that he would start out "normal" making coherent decisions and as the day wore on you could see him start to taper off to the point where he was physically counting the dots on his d6 to see what he had rolled and not finishing his sentences.

So does anyone know any half or 3/4ths players? I think they make gaming interesting, even if it might be a little annoying at times.

So um Friz' date=' if ya got time could we play next Saturday? huh? Pweeze?[/quote']

I got time this Saturday -- I start a week of vacation on Thursday! :) Contact the rest of the crew and we'll throw some dice! I'm just dying to bring Anagram to ya in a new and disturbing way...

Matt "Nothing-matters-but-the-weekend-from-a-Tuesday-point-of-view" Frisbee

Hey gang,

I'm not exactly sure how to say this, but with my commitment to running both a Cyberpunk 2020 campaign and a 1st Ed. AD&D campaign, plus playing in one of two Hackmaster campaigns Barry is running, I don't think there will be any more Knightshift Stories in the foreseeable future. Thanks to WimpyBrick, Longbow and Rhonda Savage for playing in the campaign; and thanks to everyone who's been stopping by to read the write-ups. Your support has been greatly appreciated.

Matt "Doing-what-I-can-to-keep-a-friend's-business-afloat" Frisbee

Argh! That is disappointing news. My own Weekend Warriors campaign is slowing down a bit right now as well. I intend to continue it but right now we are only managing about one game a month.

Thanks for the stories Matt, its been fun. :thumbup: