Champions Musical

Dust Raven

No, not a game where all the characters sing and dance, or even something like the Buffy Musical where some demon is causing some city-wide effect of everybody singing and dancing. This is just a single character, who has the power to sing and dance in a way similar to how The Mask does when escaping the police at the park. He can sing and dance and while doing so can perform amazing feats of acrobatics and translocation (stepping out one door but reentering the scene through a different door). He also has the ability to involve others in his song using a sort of Mind Control effect (also similar to what The Mask does in the same scene).

Now, the trick is, anyone can counter these abilities by voluntarily joining in the song. All they need to do is sing and dance themselves (but must be naturally skilled in such things). The trick is they must voluntarily sing and dance with him. If they are singing and dancing due to his Mind Control effects, anything that happens is still under his control.

How do I do it?

Re: Champions Musical

Requires a Skill Roll' date=' Skill roll is subject to Skill vs Skill Contests. Just put it on whichever powers can be countered by rolls vs PS:Singer or PS: Dancer.[/quote']

That could definately work for negating the Powers. What about manipulating the effects of the Powers. I'm desiring the possibility of a hero using their countersong not only shutting down the villain's power, but turning it against him. Would that be a Side Effect that only applies if he loses the Skill vs Skill contest?

That could definately work for negating the Powers. What about manipulating the effects of the Powers. I'm desiring the possibility of a hero using their countersong not only shutting down the villain's power' date=' but turning it against him. Would that be a Side Effect that only applies if he loses the Skill vs Skill contest?[/quote']

A Side Effect (Power Turns Against User) on either losing the contest or blowing the skill roll sounds right. It's also the simplest way to handle it.

I'll agree with oddhat here. First thing I thought was "Ah, a saving throw, RSR contested skill" and he put that down before I could get to it. Using the powers against him is a Side Effect, "subject to X effect" where X is the number of dice determined by the level of side effect, "only if he loses a SVS contest."