Predators question

hind

I'm a new dark champions gm, so I thought I aske the experienced hands here for some assistance. I have vague notions for villians that I'd like to feature in upcoming sessions...one a Eastern European crimelord with horror/vampire undertones....the other a frightening killer that I could use in a wild west setting. A quick scan of the Predators table of contents as listed on the Hero Games website shows two villains therein that might fit my needs: Strad and the Headless Hangman. I'm therefore considereing ordering the book, but before I do so I'd like a better idea as to whether these characters so indeed fit my needs.

Can someone provide brief overviews of the characters? They sound great.

Thanks in advance

Re: Predators question

Gah... I don't own the text yet, it's on my to-do list of books to round out my collection. However, I've never seen a BAD book by Steve, so it's a safe bet regardless. Does your FLGS carry HERO products? You may be able to find it there and peruse it prior to purchase.

My memory is quite fuzzy on Strad - I believe he is a minor level villian of Eastern Eurpean descent who hunted and killed his victims with sickle knives. I think he was a vampire also, though as I've said, my recollection could be wrong. The Headless Hangman is an arms dealer. A small, slight man who supplies weapons to both the good and bad guys of the campaign city. Certainly not an old west type of villian, but a very useful and very kewl bad guy that I had great success with.

However, there is certainly a lot of very neat and useful characters that run the whole range of vile and criminal. Former special forces soldiers gone rogue, terrorist, arsonist, cyborgs, and a whole plethora of others. It shouldn't be too difficult to find a suitable villian and change his looks to suit your needs.

Good Luck!

The author of the thread contacted me by e-mail. Since I'm still having e-mail troubles I'm responding here; sorry for not doing so earlier.

Strad is a black inner-city crimelord with a penchant for art and classical music; "Strad" is short for "Stradivarius." He has nothing to do with vampires, but could be moved to E. Europe and converted into a Russian OC crimelord easily enough.

The Headless Hangman is an urban vigilante who uses a noose and sickle as his weapons. He'd adapt to Horror or Western pretty smoothly, IMO.

The Headless Hangman is an arms dealer. A small, slight man who supplies weapons to both the good and bad guys of the campaign city. Certainly not an old west type of villian, but a very useful and very kewl bad guy that I had great success with.

OUCH! Two strikes in one post.

Note to self - dig books out of box before making a comment.

:doi:

Partially correct. The old 4th ED HHM was an arms dealer (I liked him better). You are probably remembering him.

Yeah, the old Headless Hangman had a philosophy that the easist way to cut down on gang population was to arm them so that they could kill each other off. I'll probably use the 4th Ed. version if and when I introduce the character to my current campaign.

Nope' date=' y'all are thinking of [i']The Hanged Man[/i] from Underworld Enemies. The HHM, presented in Justice Not Law, was basically the same character as in Predators.

Doh! I failed my 17- KS: Dark Champions Products.

Partially correct. The old 4th ED HHM was an arms dealer (I liked him better). You are probably remembering him.

Yup yup yup. Gawd, I loved that character. 10+ years ago when I actually ran a DC game, he was my mover and shaker behind the scenes. Everything from arming terrorist to arming the PC's and stirring up all kinds of trouble. I really miss that campaign.

Nope' date=' y'all are thinking of [i']The Hanged Man[/i] from Underworld Enemies. The HHM, presented in Justice Not Law, was basically the same character as in Predators.

Darn! The names were just too similar to keep straight. It's been a while since I dug out my old 4th Edition stuff.