[Characters] Enforcers Incorporated Redux

Killer Shrike

Re: [Characters] Enforcers Incorporated Redux

Nice Speed Zone version of Johnny Tick Tock, even if you did take out the 1970s Joker refference. Figured that might be too obscure.

One suggestion for GMs who need to upgrade him; When introduced, Johnny should probably be one Speed Zone step faster than any PC speedster with Speed Zone access. Beating him up once you catch him shouldn't be much of a problem, but the chase should be a challenge.

The Speed Zone rules do make it a heck of a lot more direct to put together this kind of character.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Speed Zone version of Johnny Tick Tock' date=' even if you did take out the 1970s Joker refference. Figured that might be too obscure.[/quote']

I totally missed any Joker reference; I never collected DC comics (I was a Marvel / Valiant / Dark Horse kind of guy) so my DC knowledge is limited to the cartoons and second hand info from fellow geek friends that did collect DC.

One suggestion for GMs who need to upgrade him; When introduced, Johnny should probably be one Speed Zone step faster than any PC speedster with Speed Zone access. Beating him up once you catch him shouldn't be much of a problem, but the chase should be a challenge.

Yah -- I gave him the Quick Entry and 0 END options on his Speed Zone so that he has the edge of going immediately upon entering the SZ and can go into the SZ every single normal-speed Phase which should make him stand out even among even other SZ characters.

I'd also let him Recover in the SZ since he spends no END to stay in the SZ and since he doesnt typically take offensive actions he can also Abort into the SZ and not really lose anything. And when he does enter the SZ normally and wants to attack, he can practically always Haymaker, which gives him four (4) more DC's.

The Speed Zone rules do make it a heck of a lot more direct to put together this kind of character.

Yup. And he's so non-offensive that it almost isnt even totally unbalanced on him. Of course I still can't believe that some mention of Speed Zone + Coup de Grace rule wasn't made since normal speed people are just as vulnerable vs someone acting from the Speed Zone than Knocked Out people are to other normal speed people.

Personally I would not allow the CdG rule to be used from the Speed Zone in a non-Iron Age campaign, but it does introduce a skip in logic / consistency.

Yup. And he's so non-offensive that it almost isnt even totally unbalanced on him.

I know what you mean. Part of the problem with the speed zone is that it's an exceptionally good simulation of a genre bit - that never really made much sense in the first place. It's one of those cases where the players and GM have to be very clear on the limits of the age and story before going forward.

As to the coup de grace rules, absolutely. Hit locations also become a nightmare in the speed zone, and I'd be tempted to use the double stun from total surprise rules as well. It's a real can of worms.

Great to see Elvis up and around again. :)

Excellent job on the picture, and I got a kick out of hearing how Enforcers Inc viewed him. Pretty accurate assessment. ;)

One of my players actually ran him for a while, first in a villains game and then the "reformed" version as a hero. Worked out well as a PC.

Updated T.H.U.G. by Killer Shrike, along with the Energy Emitting and Boxing Enabled variants:

http://www.killershrike.com/EnforcersINC/Characters/THUG.HTML

http://www.killershrike.com/EnforcersINC/Characters/THUGBE.HTML

http://www.killershrike.com/EnforcersINC/Characters/THUGEE.HTML

Here's an interesting fellow...Five Characters in One:

Epiphysis (Zardoz, Fearun, The Phantasm, Mindtwister) by OddHat, WilyQuixote, Travis Fisher, and Killer Shrike:

http://www.killershrike.com/EnforcersINC/Characters/Epiphysis.html

Interesting character, and an effective solution to the Too Many Mentalists problem. Looks like a nasty customer, and adds some interesting plot possibilities to Enforcers Inc. in a campaign. Good back story.

That said, I'm sorry to see Zardoz and Milos Fearun go as individuals. At least they should make good "covers". I do like the Shapeshift as a means to make the covers stick.