[Characters] Enforcers Incorporated Redux

Killer Shrike

When you need a super thug in a super hurry, who do you call? That's right; Enforcers Incorporated.

Enforcers Inc. acts as a contract firm, networking those who need dirty deeds done and those willing to do them, taking a middle-man percentage and keeping thier hands clean of any wrong doing.

The founder is a veteran super powered enforcer named Chad "The Machine" Kelly, the Man without Pain. His goto guy is a fixer known only as Unger; a hardboiled cyborg gunsel. His on-staff muscle is Bronto and Jackhammer, two fairly heavy bricks.

Consider this an open forum for any Thug-for-hire, "blackmask", Super-goon, whatever you want to call 'em that you have in your supers games in the 225 to 750 point range.

Feel free to add useful permanent staff positions that The Machine has hired on Full Time for the corporate offices, just make them actually useful to the organization if you do so. A plant/mole or two placed by oppositional forces like VIPER might be cool too. Have at it, and have fun!

Thanx, and I look forward to hopefully seeing new characters.

Three years ago to the day I started on these boards a running collaborative idea known as Enforcers Incorporated, a sort of Superthug-for-hire firm, and several members of the boards participated by posting characters for it in this thread:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6160

Unfortunately the loss of HTML rendering on the HERO Forums some time back left the thread practically unreadable. I've always intended to do something about it, but have always been too busy to do so.

Now that time has come; I'm going to host Enforcers Inc on my website and improve the layout and content as well. Here is the start of it:

Enforcers Inc Main Page

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Enforcers Incorporated Redux

Three years ago to the day I started on these boards a running collaborative idea known as Enforcers Incorporated, a sort of Superthug-for-hire firm, and several members of the boards participated by posting characters for it in this thread:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&threadid=6160

Unfortunately the loss of HTML rendering on the HERO Forums some time back left the thread practically unreadable. I've always intended to do something about it, but have always been too busy to do so.

Now that time has come; I'm going to host Enforcers Inc on my website and improve the layout and content as well. Here is the start of it:

http://www.killershrike.com/EnforcersINC/EnforcersInc.shtml

So, first off I need Hero Designer files for the following characters from the following people, please and thank you:

OddHat:

Diana-Bol

Milos Fearon

The King of Kung Fu

Kaltergeist

Zardoz

Johnny Tick-Tock

Kaltergeist in the next post.

Thanx! Ill be getting these posted up and individualized over the next two weeks.

The King of Kung Fu will need some minor fine tuning; the rules on HAs changed after he was written. IIRC, he has to add Personal Immunity on his AOE HAs.

Johnny Time Stop would be interesting re-written using the Speed Zone rules, at a lowish level (SPD 4) but able to stay an hour or so. If I have time myself, I'll fiddle with a new write up.

Looking forward to seeing the final pages.

Looks very good, and great art. The minor write up tweaks are improvements. :)

His Entangle has been changed from BOECV to a standard entangle; the +7 ECV levels should probably become either OCV with entange or be shifted into MA levels.

Looks very good, and great art. The minor write up tweaks are improvements. :)

His Entangle has been changed from BOECV to a standard entangle; the +7 ECV levels should probably become either OCV with entange or be shifted into MA levels.

Yeah, HD barked about the BOECV entangle, and it didnt seem to me that a mentalist should have an easier time not being frozen, so I adjusted it. It does weaken the character a little, but he's still pretty tough for 350 points so I wasn't too worried about it.

The higher powered version has an expanded repetoire of tricks which compensates, and the character definitely scales well (as Brick are prone to do).

Here's Glaive, at 250 points. I'll also attach some possible writeups for her summons, feel free to adjust as you see fit. If you don't think the Shadowhounds summon is appropriate, turf it from her writeup.

I'll have to rewrite Warg in HD to get him ready to go.

Here's an updated version of Warg. The base form is built on 200, but I've included a 50 point proviso for additional mutations or a radiation accident. The character is a modest brick with a couple unusual abilities to give him at least something of a fighting chance, but will generally be outmatched against serious opposition. The Warg form is still built on 250 but is a fairly proficient combat machine for that point level, and can potentially give even 350-point supers a deadly surprise.

EDIT: Oops, need to make a minor correction on the wolf form... ok, done.

Here's an updated version of Warg. The base form is built on 200, but I've included a 50 point proviso for additional mutations or a radiation accident. The character is a modest brick with a couple unusual abilities to give him at least something of a fighting chance, but will generally be outmatched against serious opposition. The Warg form is still built on 250 but is a fairly proficient combat machine for that point level, and can potentially give even 350-point supers a deadly surprise.

EDIT: Oops, need to make a minor correction on the wolf form... ok, done.

Thanx Zed-F, Ill try to do one of yours next.

Good to see Diana again, and I like the 450 point write up. Martial Bricks always scale well. Good call on the quote.

Here's a sheet with the picture I use for her: http://bobtokyo.robertdorf.com/Diana.htm This was the version I used most recently.

I like the pics you've put up. What are you using for the art?

Thanks!

Im using Bruce Timm / DCU Animated style templates and modifying them to suit, which sometimes is as simple as changing the colors a bit and removing / adding character identifying traits, and other times is melding together pieces from several frankenstein style, and still other times is drawing in new bits wholesale.

I do it all in Adobe Photoshop with layers.

It's a relatively simple and quick way to turn out half way decent looking character art.

A down side for Dianabol though was that the Timm style shows big muscles as being big & beefy, eschewing sculpted / clearly delineated muscles. I actually wimbled a bit and tried a version that was more "cut" and anatomically correct but it looked horrible so I scrapped the layer.

A down side for Dianabol though was that the Timm style shows big muscles as being big & beefy, eschewing sculpted / clearly delineated muscles. I actually wimbled a bit and tried a version that was more "cut" and anatomically correct but it looked horrible so I scrapped the layer.

I liked the version of Diana's art you went with. Cartoonish muscle but still oddly cute. I'll just assume the pick was taken when she was bulking and not in contest shape. ;)

Good call on the rage effects as well.

Re: [Characters] Enforcers Incorporated Redux

Got a new one...

VIKTOR by Killer Shrike:

http://www.killershrike.com/EnforcersINC/Characters/Viktor.HTML

Very solid character, and I like the origin. I could see using him for many classic bits in a campaign, especially with a boost to the VPP (to let him play a full out Superskrull / Amazo kind of role).