[Characters] Enforcers Incorporated Redux

Killer Shrike

Re: [Characters] Enforcers Incorporated Redux

The way I envision it, Alan gets majorly "into character", and for all intents and purposes each of the five identities are distinct. Kind of like Sethra Lavode from Brust's Dragaera setting, in that respect.

What I find interesting about the amalgamam approach for this character is that he could be used in several (or all) of his identities vs the same PC group without them ever realizing that he is one and the same person.

Then something gives it away -- one of the identities acts on knowledge known to one of the others tipping the PC's off. One or more of the PC's starts to put it all together with some research, deduction, KS: Superhuman World, or some combination there of, and perhaps even ties it all together with the disappearance of Dr. Cartes.

Realizing just how dangerous Epiphysis really is, they set out to stop him, and he morphs into more of a direct nemesis.

Alternately, a powerful mentalist PC might attempt to repair Alan's mind and reform him. If he could be cured of his mental instability he could be a powerful force for good.

Either way, the character grows into a memorable Villain. I see him as being very Moriarty-esque.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I envision it, Alan gets majorly "into character", and for all intents and purposes each of the five identities are distinct. Kind of like Sethra Lavode from Brust's Dragaera setting, in that respect.

What I find interesting about the amalgamam approach for this character is that he could be used in several (or all) of his identities vs the same PC group without them ever realizing that he is one and the same person.

Then something gives it away -- one of the identities acts on knowledge known to one of the others tipping the PC's off. One or more of the PC's starts to put it all together with some research, deduction, KS: Superhuman World, or some combination there of, and perhaps even ties it all together with the disappearance of Dr. Cartes.

Realizing just how dangerous Epiphysis really is, they set out to stop him, and he morphs into more of a direct nemesis.

Alternately, a powerful mentalist PC might attempt to repair Alan's mind and reform him. If he could be cured of his mental instability he could be a powerful force for good.

Either way, the character grows into a memorable Villain. I see him as being very Moriarty-esque.

Yup, the plot possibilities are very strong. Additionally, the Heroes might convince themselves that they've befriended or intimidated one identity, not realizing that they're being played.

Enforcers Inc also ends up with an additional threat from within, underestimating their Mentalist(s) and assuming that one can be used as a check on the other. Throw in infiltration and other possible betrayals, and the PCs have a chance to damage the organization in ways other than direct confrontation. There's also the risk of a war within Enforcers Inc, and all the possible damage to outsiders.

Could be interesting. ;)

Could you repost (or email me) Warg in hdc format instead of hdz? Im having a lot of issues with the file. HD3 does not like it.

As a teaser, here's the art for Warg:

HDC coming up.

Not sure why HD3 wouldn't like hdz, but as an experiment you could try unzipping it first. No idea if it would work.