Base Posting Game

Agent X

Originally posted by zornwil

I'll have to dig it up, there is one. Cosmetic stuff, like outside lighting piped in, is just SFX with no real points FYI.

Well, what you have supplied is probably more valuable. Maps and descriptions often take longer than the points construction.

Originally posted by Hermit

Darn it, I've got to stop this agreeing thing... but heck yes. I can write up a base fairly easily, but actually mapping it out is not easy for me.

Heh, that's one of the reasons that the Protector's base in Boston was magic based. The layout always changed except for the location of the swimming pool with the giant robot underneath it...

The base also had regen, only when noone was watching.

Originally posted by lemming

Heh, that's one of the reasons that the Protector's base in Boston was magic based. The layout always changed except for the location of the swimming pool with the giant robot underneath it...

The base also had regen, only when noone was watching.

Now, that is cool - I mean the regeneration thing. Did the rooms change too or was it just the arrangement of the rooms. If it was just the arrangement of the rooms you might still have to design them. At least a general description of what stays the same in a given room would be helpful to your game.

Originally posted by Agent X

Now, that is cool - I mean the regeneration thing. Did the rooms change too or was it just the arrangement of the rooms. If it was just the arrangement of the rooms you might still have to design them. At least a general description of what stays the same in a given room would be helpful to your game.

Well the base was the family mansion of Scales, the leader of the group. He started out as just a brick with a mystical origin, but wound up being a magician as well. He was the reciepient of a curse that waited 13 generations. He had a metallic body, but his great-great grandfather tweaked the curse to also channel more power into the body. Think a cross between The Thing & Dr. Strange.

When the group moved from it's goverment sponsered base to the ancestral home, the mystical stuff just came out of the woodwork.

Most of the rooms changed around, though now that I think of it we had a larger area that didn't change. We did have quite a bit of tech off to the side with the garage. That was mapped out, but when it started getting near the mansion, the tech corridors would get replaced with rich walnut panelling and you'd keep seeing things moving around out of the corner of your eye. I don't remember the issue, but Art Adams drew an encounter with Dr. Strange. (X-Men maybe?) We were thinking that style. As long as you had an idea of where you wanted to go, you'd get there. And yes, the rooms would rearrange themselves as well.

The regen actually came from an episode of Wild, Wild West.

A lot of inspiration from The Addam's Family as well. The base AI was the ghost of Scales' sister, Morticia. She had died in a mystical accident in the 20s. Her husband, Lenny McKay, was the gardener.

We had the Danger Garden. Some of the most dangerous plants in the universe(s) were in it. Lenny's picture was a V&V shredder with a flamethrower and Thomspon MG...

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by Agent X

That is cool. Do you have a points write-up of the base?

Has it really been over 2 months?

Sorry to take so ridiculously long, but this was never forgotten. My "to do" list is out of control.

This writeup is actually not dead-on. It's the only version we did as a reference, some of the things in here actually should be modified but I'm not going to take the time to do that. Essentially, I did this write-up after the player sent me the base info, and he indicated there were some things that he just wanted considered as SFX and therefore wouldn't have anything more than potentially a cosmetic effect. I never went back and modified the write-up. Also, I know that bases generally can't have followers. One of them below I am allowing to be a base follower, he's only effective around the base, and the other was moved to be a player's follower. Given those caveats, here it is -

Justice Squad HQ

Cost Base Characteristics

9 DEF 5

3 BODY 5

24 Size 12, 1,512 hexes (65,076 sq ft), DCV -12

0 Grounds 0 hexes

Area - HQ Proper (46×28 = 1288 hexes)

Area - Basement (8×7 = 56 hexes)

Area - First Floor (8×7 = 56 hexes)

Area - Second Floor (8×7 = 56 hexes)

Area - Third Floor (8×7 = 56 hexes)

Grounds (0×0 = 0 hexes)

20 Location (City, Underground)

5 Additional Elevator with Fixins (1); Number: 1

1 Food Fabrication (Life Support, not eat only); Limited Power: Half, -1; Extra Time: full phase, -½; Focus: Obvious Accessible, -1; Focus Mobility: Immobile, -1; Fragile Focus: -¼

17 2d6 Energy Blast; Range: 260; Versus: ED; No Normal Defense: +1; Continuous: +1; Focus: Obvious Accessible, -1; Focus Mobility: Immobile, -1; Variable Special Effects: Any, +½; Area Effect (Radius): 8" radius, +1; Increased Area: ×2, +¼; Reduced END: Zero, +½ 0

13 Cold Fusion Reactor END Reserve (30 END, 10 REC/turn)

21 Force Wall (20 PD/20 ED); Range: 750; Width: 30", +0; Focus: Obvious Accessible, -1; Focus Mobility: Immobile, -1; Limited Power: Almost Completely, -2; Partial Coverage: +8 Size Increment(s), -2; Reduced END: Zero, +½ 0

55 Variable Power Pool for Danger Room (50-pt Pool); Control Cost: 25; Change Only Between Adventures: -½; Focus: Obvious Accessible, -1; Focus Mobility: Immobile, -1; Limited Power: Almost Completely, -2

-41 - adjustment for unwanted CW VPP Calc (0) (I don't have much an idea of what this was about, if anyone's wondering - so am I! Oh well, anyway you get the idea what this power is)

2 Additional BOD and DEF (total 24 hexes) (1); Number: 1; Limited Power (Partial Coverage): Almost Completely, -2

Gere-luce's area, garage area entrance, danger room

+5 BOD, +5 DEF

1 Hardened BOD and DEF (total 2 hexes) vs acid (1); Number: 1; Limited Power (Partial Coverage): Almost Completely, -2; Conditional Power: Almost Never, -2

Gere-luce's area, garage area entrance

+5 BOD, +5 DEF

4 Laughton office - Need Not Breathe; Focus: Inobvious Inaccessible, -¼; Focus Mobility: Immobile, -1

3 Change Environment (DNA Refrigration) (2" rad.); Effect: Fixed, +0; Focus: Obvious Accessible, -1; Fragile Focus: -¼; Focus Mobility: Immobile, -1 1

6 Images - piped in from outside (Normal Sight, 125" radius); Range: 135; Observer PER Penalty: 0, +0; Fragile Focus: -¼; Focus Mobility: Immobile, -1; Focus: Inobvious Accessible, -½; Limited Power: Almost Completely, -2 3

-2 for singular non-combat purpose

6 Change Environment (Wind Tunnel) (8" rad.); Effect: Fixed, +0; Focus: Obvious Accessible, -1; Fragile Focus: -¼; Focus Mobility: Immobile, -1 2

1 Detect Genetic Tampering: Detect: Lack of Weakness (+0 to PER); Time Required: Half Phase, +0; Range: Touch, +0; Concentrate: ½ DCV, -¼; Extra Time: 1 min., -1½; Focus: Obvious Accessible, -1; Focus Applicability: Personal; Focus Breakability: Breakable; Focus Expendability: None, +0; Focus Type: Base, -1; Fragile Focus: -¼

10 Elemental Control (20-pt reserve); Focus Mobility: Immobile, -1

a-5 10" Teleportation - Superspeed Elevator (Long Range 10"); Increased Range: ×1, +0; Mass Multiplier: ×64, +30; Fixed Locations: 0; Floating Locations: 0; Focus: Obvious Accessible, -1; Activation: 15-, -¼; Extra Time: full phase, -½; Gestures: Instant Power, -¼; No Range: -½; Limited Power: Almost Completely, -2 4

b-30 10" Teleportation - Superspeed Elevator - Forced Ejection (Long Range 80"); Increased Range: ×8, +15; Mass Multiplier: ×64, +30; Fixed Locations: 0; Floating Locations: 0; Focus: Obvious Accessible, -1; No Range: -½; Limited Power: Almost Completely, -2; Linked: -½; Usable Against Others: ×64 mass, 2½; Side Effects: 60/All, -1 14

Linked to gas and sensors - side effect is destrution of tunnel

c-7 Elevator Sensors (Clairsentience) (Normal Sight, Sight, Unusual Senses); See: Present, +0; Dimensions: Current, +0; Range: 200"; Focus: Inobvious Inaccessible, -¼; No Range: -½ 4

unusual sense = DNA/bio analysis

d-13 4d6 Knockout Gas in Elevator Energy Blast; Range: 275; Versus: ED; Area Effect (One-hex): 1 hex(es), +½; No Normal Defense: +1; Trigger: Set, +¼; Focus: Inobvious Inaccessible, -¼; Linked: -½ 5

Area is just in elevator, linked to that

5 Multipower (30-pt reserve); Extra Time: 1 hour, -2½; Fragile Focus: -¼; Concentrate: ½ DCV, -¼; Focus: Obvious Accessible, -1; Focus Applicability: Personal; Focus Breakability: Breakable; Focus Expendability: None, +0; Focus Type: Base, -1; Charges: +16, +0

u-1 Find Weakness Power: Weaknesses (11/less); Plus to roll: 0; Roll Plus: 11; Only on tissue samples: +0; Only to find weaknesses and susceptibilities: -½; Active Points: 30; 2 Attempts total: +1 0

u-1 Find Weakness Power: Strengths (11/less); Plus to roll: 0; Roll Plus: 11; Only on tissue samples: +0; 2 Attempts total: +1 0

2 Chemistry Lab; Focus: Obvious Accessible, -1; Focus Applicability: Universal; Focus Breakability: Breakable; Focus Expendability: None, +0; Focus Type: Base, -1; Fragile Focus: -¼ 17-

12 Follower - Gere-luce (1, 60 pts, 0 Disad.); Number: 1, +0

10 Follower - Manny (1, 50 pts, 0 Disad.); Number: 1, +0

1 Research - Detective; Focus: Obvious Accessible, -1; Focus Type: Base, -1; Fragile Focus: -¼ 13-

2 Gere-luce Lab; Focus: Obvious Accessible, -1; Focus Type: Base, -1; Fragile Focus: -¼ 13-

1 Mutant Physiology Lab; Focus: Obvious Accessible, -1; Focus Applicability: Universal; Focus Breakability: Breakable; Focus Expendability: None, +0; Focus Type: Base, -1; Fragile Focus: -¼ 13-

2 Disguise; Focus: Obvious Accessible, -1; Focus Type: Base, -1; Fragile Focus: -¼ 13-

1 Genetics Lab; Focus: Obvious Accessible, -1; Focus Applicability: Universal; Focus Breakability: Breakable; Focus Expendability: None, +0; Focus Type: Base, -1; Fragile Focus: -¼ 13-

5 Concealment; Focus: Inobvious Inaccessible, -¼; Focus Mobility: Immobile, -1 15-

16 Followers - Robots (8, 5 pts, 5 Disad.); Number: 8, +15

8 Security Systems - Laughton Office; Focus Mobility: Immobile, -1; Focus: Obvious Accessible, -1; Always On: -½ 23-

282 Base Cost

282+ Disadvantages (Cost: 282/5 = 56)