Around the World With A New Character Each Week

tribe

Re: Around the World With A New Character Each Week

So would the Witch Doctor see this woman as a threat to be dealt with, or a possible ally to dupe to further his thirst for power?

Also I'd bet all of the African Force teams could certainly see her as a threat. Right up there with the Sons of Set.

Yeah it's an interesting question.

I'd say Rwanda isn't powerful enough to be much of an obvious threat to any country apart from its immediate neighbours. The Disadvantages and background Rodrigo came up with suggests that she is concerned with ruling Rwanda.

The Sons of Set haven't reached Rwanda, and given the godlike connections between Set and Umuriro it could probably go either way.

As for Wicth Doctor... I'm not sure she is stable enough to deal with him using logic. Maybe he could trick her into working for him.

Someone really should get a game into Africa. So many stories waiting to be told. :)

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

#146 Silver Shark (Saint Kitts & Nevis)

SILVER SHARK

Simon Mosse

Character Sheet (Click Here)

Background

Irving “Irv” Irvine could believe it. How on Earth did his wife convince him to take a vacation, especially seeing how Irv was the greatest and busiest TV producers in Hollywood, and how in the world did she find this place, Saint Kitts. Iriv Irvine had never even of the island nation until his wife had told Irv about their reservation. Didn’t she know how busy Irv was?

The sun was torture on Irv’s skin, and the hat his wife had given him just wasn’t enough to keep the sun off of his face. Irv sighed a little as he reached for the zinc for his nose that was on the small table beside the pool chair he was sprawled in. Tube in hand, Irv was just about to slaver some of the zinc on his nose when Irv saw the boy coming out to of the pool. He was amazed. The boy was an Adonis for sure. Irv instantly knew that he would be perfect for the new show that Irv was producing, ‘The Undersea Adventures of Silver Shark’. This boy would be perfect for the part of the Silver Shark, well almost perfect. The boy was a black. Well Irv could work with that. Irv was no racist. Hadn’t he escaped Nazi Germany when he was a little kid? They didn’t call it Hollywood magic for nothing. It could work.

Irv knew this kid from MIT or one of those egghead schools back east, who had been pestering Irv about this new design he had come up with, and needed some major backing for his research. Irv was known around Hollywood for his realism. The ‘Undersea Adventures of Silver Shark’ were going to be as realistic as the studios could afford, Irv would see to it.

Irv was mildly surprised that the star of his new TV show was actually the bartender.

Holding up his umbrella topped pineapple, Irv got the kids’ attention.

The bartender toweling himself off came over with a big smile.

“Say, kid,” said Irv, “how would you like to be in pictures?”

“Sure,” said Simon, “that would be great.” Again a great smile.

‘The Undersea Adventures of Silver Shark’ ran for two years from 1967 to 1969. It was eventually cancelled to the extreme costs of building the Silver Shark armor. In fact the cost of the armor itself almost bankrupted the studios, but Irv did get his way. Later when reruns became popular, ‘The Undersea Adventures of Silver Shark’ became a cult classic.

Personality

Simon, and through him Irv, was never one to shy from the spotlight. Irv knew how to pick a star, and Simon was certainly that. In his day, he was one of most popular actors in Hollywood, and if he was refused services in some places, there were certainly others that were willing to pander for him, and Irv always had reporters on hand to get great photos of him. Simon loved and lived it.

Naturally being in the public’s eye had had a serious impact on Simon. He started to believe his own publicity. Simon believed that he was the life the party, the center of everyone’s conversation. It came as a great surprise to Simon to find out that his name was no longer on everyone’s lips when ‘The Undersea Adventures of Silver Shark’ was finally canceled. Since his show was canceled Simon found himself typecasted for the rest of his career.

Throughout his career as the Silver Shark, Simon portrayed a super-heroes super-hero. He never cursed or seriously harmed anyone. Silver Shark was known for giving talks to school children encouraging them to stay in school, and to never miss an episode of ‘The Undersea Adventures of Silver Shark.’

"By the sea!"

Powers

Simon wears a state of the art (for the 1960's) battlesuit. The suit provides him with superhuman strength, stamina, and speed, making Simon a true super-hero. Servos in the suit allow Simon to lift two hundred tons over his head without stress on the suit. Naturally the suit had a power pack that provided all of the energy for the Silver Shark.

The suit was completely self-contained even carrying its’ own oxygen supply. Because of Irv’s desire for realism, the battlesuit was armored, able to resist bullets fired at Silver Shark point blank.

One of the most amazing things about the battlesuit, was that while wearing in Simon could actually fly, without wires even. The suit was so aerodynamic that Silver Shark could fly through the water with greatest of ease.

The suit also has the highest level of sensors built into it. Silver Shark had sonar, the ability to see underwater as if it were a clear day, and the ability to hear the clicking of dolphin several miles away while underwater.

Appearance

The Silver Shark suit was the state of the art in battlesuit in the 1960's. The suit itself was a skintight suit of a silvery metallic which covered the wearers body entirely. A dorsal fin ran the length of the back of suit, from the tip of the head down to lower back. Similar fins were located at the wrist and ankles.

Outside of the Silver Shark suit, Simon Mosse was an extremely handsome black, always with a quick smile for the cameras. Simon always wore the most fashionable clothes for a star of his age.

Glad to see this thread back! It's strange, but I never got the notification of new posts until now, lol. Glad to see that you guys liked my characters...back in October :D

As for Umuriro, Tribe is right - she's only concerned with Rwanda and she would only pay attention to threats to her country...but of course that could mean preemptive strikes against so-called "enemies" (these being other countries, superteams, etc...) :eg:

And if there's any need for more bios...I'm game :thumbup: Just point me to the countries!

I just put up Saint Lucia, but here's a list of the remaining nations of the world.

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

Samoa

San Marino

Sao Tome and Principe

Saudi Arabia

Senegal

Seychelles

Sierra Leone

Singapore

Slovakia

Slovenia

Solomon Islands

Somalia

South Africa

Spain

Sri Lanka

Sudan

Suriname

Swaziland

Sweden

Switzerland

Syria

And that's just the 'S's. I took out Serbia, because we did a special on them. So feel free to do any of these.:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That's alright. Tribe has lost interest in the Blog' date=' so I'm trying to work on it. Plus being laid off has put a damper on my hit parade. :([/quote']

Sorry to hear about that :eek:

And it's a pity that Tribe dropped his work on the blog. It was a great source of inspiration...

Sorry to hear about that :eek:

And it's a pity that Tribe dropped his work on the blog. It was a great source of inspiration...

I think I'll take the back seat on the blog and let Noah (The Arc) take over. Once I get my Hero Designer software back I'll have a go at an S country.

• 3 months later...

#147 Auntie Xu (Saint Lucia)

auntiexu.jpg

AUNTIE XU

Background

The cries of a nearby nightingale mingled with the cries of Xu Ling-Ling. The young maid sat next to the river under a maple tree contemplating killing herself. Her master had dismissed her from his estate, all over the mistake of hers. Xu had accidently spilled tea on the silk vestments of the visiting Mongol overseer. In his rage, her master had beaten her with a bamboo rod and then had her thrown from the estate. Xu was inconsolable. The welts across her back throbbed and she dipped a strip of a clothe from her dress in the cool waters of the Fen River to cool down the pain.

It was the clopping of hooves that brought Xu out of her misery. A giggle escaped her lips, before she had time to cover her mouth. Out of the darkness came an ancient man riding a white donkey, backwards. Obviously the man was quite drunk as he swayed back and forth as the donkey, who seemed to know where he was going, walked.

The donkey walked up to Xu and nuzzled her hand looking for some sweets. Xu tried to push the beasts head away but it persisted.

"I am so sorry," said Xu Lin-Ling to the donkey, "I have no treats to give you."

"Huh," said the ancient man turning in his saddle to look at Xu, and promptly fell off the donkey.

Worried that the old man might have injured himself Xu rushed to his side.

He tried to brush Xu off saying that he was fine, and had only hurt his pride. With the help of Xu the elderly man was able to regain his feet. The donkey barely noticed this being too busy drinking from the river. The man swayed a little, but Xu did her best to keep him from falling again.

"Now my child," said the ancient, "Why all the fuss? Why all the tears? The night is young, and the nightingales sing. This is a time of contimplation, a time to reflect, a time for a drink."

So saying the old man pulled forth a bottle from the long sleeves of his sparkling white robes, and took a long pull upon the bottle. A warm glow seemed to enfuse the old man. He let out a long sigh after his drink, which was followed by a belch.

"Excuse me my dear," said the ancient man, "That was most rude of me."

The man turned around as if looking for a place to sit. Finding no chair or stool, he merely sat down in the dirt next to the river. Xu was horrified. She was certain that he would ruin his fine robes, and told him so.

"Please, please my dear," said the man, "Do not carry on so."

This just seemed to have the opposite effect on Xu. She burst out in tears.

Xu's tears seemed to sober the old man somewhat. In desperation, he offered her his bottle, but Xu turned face away. The ancient man scratched his head a little, and then his eye lit up.

"Perhaps," said the old man, "you are hungry instead?"

A grumbling from Xu's stomach was answer enough. From his other sleeve the old man pulled out a wonderful looking peach. It was golden yellow and seemed to glow in the moon light.

With a smile the man held it out to Xu. She just starred at the peach.

"I cannot take it," said Xu, "It would be wrong."

"Perhaps, you are right my dear," said the old man, "Perhaps an exchange. You tell me what goes on hereabout, and while you do you may take of this peach that me and the others of my clan partake."

Smiling through the tears that plastered her face Xu took the peach.

"A word of warning though," said the old man a little to late. Xu had been starving and had already bitten into the fruit. The juices were light and tangy like ambrosia, the flesh of the fruit was the sweetest thing she had ever eaten. It was heaven.

The old man said no more, and all through the night Xu told him all that she knew, and when the dawn crested the horizon the old man was quite satisfied, and smiled on Xu.

That meeting with Elder Zhang Guo, one of the eight immortals was centuries ago. He had given Xu Ling-Ling one of his peaches of immortality. Xu has traveled the world a thousand times over, and has been countless people. However, even all of this became too much. For Xu it was time to retire. Using her fortune, Xu constructed a boardhouse in Saint Lucia, and decided to stay awhile. To the natives of Saint Lucia, she's known as Auntie Xu a local favorite. However, there are a few super-powered people in the Caribbean who've tried to attack the people on Saint Lucia. All of them were in quite a suprise from this little Chinese lady called Auntie Xu.

Personality

Auntie Xu is a well liked person on the island. She's always caring for the children and the sick. Auntie Xu does her best to make sure everyone is healthy. While she does run a boarding house, she often times lets her renters fall behind on their rents. However, the one who disrespects Auntie Xu in anyway finds themselves flung to the road, usually with the aid of Auntie Xu's broom.

Auntie Xu is normally a very calm and philosophical woman, radiating serentity whereever she goes. Nothing ever upsets her, except for possibly rude people. Her one real weakness, is that Auntie Xu loves to gossip. She has even made a profession of it. If there is something that Auntie Xu doesn't know she certainly knows the person to talk to about it. Auntie Xu likes to keep abreasted of everything that goes on, and most people don't mind.

"No one can see their reflection in running water. It is only in still water that we can see."

Powers

Believe it or not, but Xu Ling-Ling is probably the greatest martial artist in the world. However, Auntie Xu as she's known the island over isn't one to brag, let alone let most people even see her perform her form of martial arts, which she calls Broom Fu. Part of her style comes from centuries of practice, but some of it comes from the Peaches of Immortality that she ate. Needless to say even the most experienced martial arts cannot hold a candle to Auntie Xu.

Her Broom Fu is quite impressive. Auntie Xu can use all parts of her broom to deal damage to a foe from the end of the broom to the brissles at the other end. She's adapted some parts of accupuncture to an attack that paralyzes the victim, so that they cannot move until freed by similar means.

Other abilites that Auntie Xu has aquired over her long life is the ability to leap from place to place with what appears to be no effort. One moments she could be standing in front of someone, and the next she could be halfway across the island. Auntie Xu has also seen it all, and nothing really impresses her much anymore. Pirates, and other thugs have left her alone just because of the fact that they couldn't intemindate her.

Auntie Xu knows the ancient Chinese art of accupuncture, and often times acts as a doctor for the peoples of the island. Her helping others on the island makes the islanders quite protective of her. Often times people coming looking for Auntie Xu will not find her simply because the islanders will mislead the person, or just not answer their questions.

Lastly, Auntie Xu is immortal. She gained this by unknowingly eating of the Peaches of Immortality.

Appearance

Xu Ling-Ling isn't very tall. That is probably the first impression anyone makes upon meeting her. The second is that she's a Chinese woman living on an island in the Caribbean. Auntie Xu's normal way of dressing is a green dress with matching slippers. She isn't a super-hero, and certainly doesn't dress like one. Usually not far from her hands is her trusty broom. Since Auntie Xu likes to keep it a secret that she's immortal she over time adds makeup and coloring to her hair to make her look older. When it is time to change identities, Auntie Xu pretends to retire back to China, and has a granddaughter from China take her place. No one has ever figured out that the new Auntie Xu is the same person.

• 2 weeks later...

#148 INTEGRA (St Vincent and the Grenadines)

integra.jpg

INTEGRA

Virginia Morse

Background

Virginia Morse worked for nearly a decade in various British Intelligence agencies before moving to the United States where she joined the official superhero team, Sanction. Her telepathic powers were never strong enough to make her part of the field team, but she worked diligently behind the scenes and eventually earned a reputation as a competent undercover agent.

Unfortunately, on her third assignment in Colombo, she was caught and held ransom. The US government refused to negotiate and Morse wasn't seen again for nearly two years. Everyone assumed she had been killed, but she had grown disillusioned with her adopted government and begun working on her own escape.

The Colombian cartel had neutralised her telepathy through a chemical cocktail designed by the criminal, El Disenador, so Morse had to rely on her mundane skills. She developed a close relationship with some of her captors and eventually managed to have them disrupt her drug routine. When her mental powers resurfaced she used them to escape, taking her allies with her.

Morse was a different woman when she surfaced on the Grenadines. She was as efficient as ever, but she no longer felt loyalty to anyone except herself. With a number of enemies and no discernible allies beyond the men she brought with her from Colombo, Morse made the decision to create her own good fortune. While never openly working against the United States, and her former employers Sanction, Morse has shown little regard for any government or law enforcement agency.

Personality

Integra no longer follows rules. She makes her own. While she is not out to forge a criminal empire, she is determined to never have to rely on anyone again. She targets drug runners, particularly coming from the mainland, and has built a secure base of operations in the Grenadines.

A calculating woman, Integra rarely makes mistakes.

"Some days I wonder how this happened, how I got here. But, really, this is a world of self-interest and it was only a matter of time before I was sacrificed for the so-called 'greater good'. "

Powers

Integra is a mid-level telepath with a variety of mostly defensive powers, including the creation of illusions, the reading and manipulation of memories and the ability to scan large areas for particular minds. In addition to her telepathy, she is also a cunning strategist and has a small team of loyal and well-armed men.

Appearance

Morse is an attractive woman in her late forties who has maintained a well-regimented physical training programme. She has a toned physique and a steely gaze. Since leaving Colombo she has never worn her Integra costume again, and prefers wearing conventional clothes. Occasionally she will wear an armoured vest, but prefers the fluidity of regular attire.

I was already inhaling to ask......about Colombo and Columbia.

Hallo, good to see you back.

Do you have some country that needs covering ? I am in a character making mood.

I'm doing Samoa. Would you like to do San Moreno? One of the smallest countries in Europe.

San Marino ?

Hmmmm

Was there several times. It is pretty hard to distinguish from the rest of Italy.

Sure.

Whats required ?

I think a Weaponsmaster would be approbiate. They have a certain Knightly/Renaisance tradition.

Having never been to Europe, let alone San Moreno, I'd say I would be jealous.

No reason to be jealous. Vacationing in Italy is as natural to a german as vacationing in Florida to a American (suposedly). :D

A Brick from San Marino ?

Thats very fitting.

It is their main Export.

A female brick it shall be.

Probably just easier for me to upload it. Of I still need to write my background for my Samoan character. But 1st I need to finish my college writing assignment, my math assignment, and my computer class assignment. Plus celebrate the 4th.