What actor could play your character

starblaze

Characters, Characters

I frequently use movie stills for my various characters, as well as ads, and other images I get from the internet.

I actually use actors and movie/ TV (and sometimes book) characters to round out my NPCs.

Compare:

You see a rumpled detective amble towards you VS Detective Colombo ambles up towards you.

The Amstar CEO is a slight, nervous man, VS, The Amstar CEO, played by Rodney McDowell, says....

Two officers, Ofc Abbot and Ofc Costello, are accompaning Capt Kirk of the Police Department, as he comes towards you. (Could of been TJ Hooker, but I needed a womanizing, confident hero type for this role.)

You get the idea. The character has an immediate hook for the players who have a pretty good idea about the character. It creates a sense of verisimilitude for the character, plus gives you ready made NPCs, complete with personalities and mini-history.

Sweet no?

Guest Worldmaker

Lord Doom, one of the Great Evil Mastermind characters in the Guardians Universe, is Avery Brooks.

No, I mean literally... I turned Avery Brooks into a mastermind supervillain because when I asked him once what sort of supervillain he'd be, were he a supervillain, he replied that he'd be a "Blofeld style arch-villain".

So I made him one.

Originally posted by TheImperialKhan

I have made a habit of casting all my characters after reading an article about it in an old issue of Adventurers Club that Allston wrote.

I'm very intersted in this. What did Allston have to say about the reasons for/benefits of casting your characters?

Originally posted by Worldmaker

No, I mean literally... I turned Avery Brooks into a mastermind supervillain because when I asked him once what sort of supervillain he'd be, were he a supervillain, he replied that he'd be a "Blofeld style arch-villain".

If you can find a copy, watch the DS9 episode "Our Man Bashir"...

While slightly off topic and I am sure the fine people at Hero have their own idea of who should play who, but who would you pick to play the Champions? Here is my humble list.....

Defender: Jerry O'Connell

Ironclad: Dolph Lundgren

Nighthawk: Billy Zane

Sapphire: Salma Hayek

Witchcraft: Nicole Kidman

Originally posted by Doug McCrae

I'm very intersted in this. What did Allston have to say about the reasons for/benefits of casting your characters?

It was from Adventurers Club #7 Summer 1986 (I can't believe that was so long ago). It was for The Empire Club column and the article was titled Cinema and Justice, Inc..

Basically it was about how to give your games a more cinematic feel. The first suggestion was to cast the characters, both PCs and NPCs in terms of actors. This would give the players instant recognition of various characters and make them more memorable. There's more of course but that's the basics.

Hmmm...Casting Call for Trinity?

Cyberknight (Dr. Ethan I. Rheingold) - Donald Sutherland (The clean-shaven, well dressed version from "Path to War"

Anvil (Rachel Sharone) - Yasmeen Ghauri (Technically not an actress, but she was the baseline for the character art)

For the other folks, I'm still looking.

Cyberknight