Untapped Universe?

DEFCON Clown

I havn't seen Lady In The Water yet but from his other movies, The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs, and the Village, does anybody else see potential for a campaign set in the world of M. Night Shamalayn?

You've got, Psychic powers, Low Level Powers, Aliens, what is basically a cult, and I'm assuming Lady In The Water has monsters.

Re: Untapped Universe?

They are no dumber then any number of different aliens in a number of other movies.

Highlight the below, but be warned of spoilers.

I always assume that if an alien race invades Earth, but is horribly allergic to water, that Earth is the only planet that has the resources they need, inside of a distance that is mind boggling.

Every universe has potential and this could be a good setting if they were linked. Just using one movie could provide a good game. The point levels would probably be low judging by Cole.

I remember that Mike Surbrook had a version of the character from Unbreakable on his site.

CES

The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable could both work together very well for a hidden powers campaign universe, probably something on the 150-200 point level. Not much action, losts of dark mysteries. For powers, I'd use only builds that fit into Pulp Hero or Dark Champions.

Signs and the Village were terrible if taken literally; I don't think they'd work as game material.

Signs wasn't the best movie' date=' true. But it wasn't really about the aliens. It was about Grahmn's (Mel "Jew Hater" Gibson) lose of faith and his regaining it.[/quote']

Which is OK if you want to talk about faith. As game material, your player characters will never be frightened of aliens you can urinate to death.

Which is OK if you want to talk about faith. As game material' date=' your player characters will never be frightened of aliens you can urinate to death.[/quote']Except the crazy alignment of "Signs" and "Portents" certainly indicates more going on in M. Night's Universe than meets the eye, which gives it some neat depth.

It might be especially useful for Players, but come on, how many crazy ridiculously achilles healed aliens have we had attack the Earth in Comics/SciFi? It's almost a genre cliche. :D

Lady in the Water works pretty well in the Sixth Sense/Unbreakable level of supernaturalness/adventure opportunity, IMO.

Signs and the Village work more for background to the world. Though, the Village I think would be a very cool thing to include in a Pulp/CoC campaign where the Players stumble upon it or it is the setting for some sort of other worldy invocation.

TB