Gemini Ascendant Campaign

Nolgroth

Re: Gemini Ascendant Campaign

Sounds like an excellent idea to me' date=' and probably a bit more of machinegunner than grenadier based on that description.[/quote']

Cool, based on your decision, I will bash together a basic "starter kit" character with the appropriate packags applied then send you the HDC for final skill/ability selection and polishing...

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool' date=' based on your decision, I will bash together a basic "starter kit" character with the appropriate packags applied then send you the HDC for final skill/ability selection and polishing...[/quote']

Hey, if I could get a basic "starter kit" as well, that would be rockin' awesome.

I'm mulling over my options, but my default assumption is your basic (ha) Green Beret 18E, Comm Sergeant, primary history of training allied forces, but also hostage rescue and comm/electronics geek.

I'm trying to think of something less obvious, but sometimes obvious is good. :)

Hey, if I could get a basic "starter kit" as well, that would be rockin' awesome.

I'm mulling over my options, but my default assumption is your basic (ha) Green Beret 18E, Comm Sergeant, primary history of training allied forces, but also hostage rescue and comm/electronics geek.

I'm trying to think of something less obvious, but sometimes obvious is good. :)

You got it... one Greenie Beanie, coming up... I will do the same as for RP. I will start the character by applying basic training, and Green Beret prefabs, then send the HDC file to you for final selection of skills, and polishing...

I will have the "starter kits" done tonight and sent tomorrow. Merovign, do you want me to e-mail it or post it for you... I plan on e-mailing to RP.

On another note, I forgot to mention Everyman skills. I am assigning the Dark Champions Everyman skills from TUSK pg 43. If anyone needs a list of Everyman Skills let me know.

"Gimme Something To Shoot At!" -Starcraft Terran Marine

I'll be playing a USMC Recon.

(I'd say Force Recon but apparently somewhere after Operation Restore Hope they folded Force Recon and Recon into one group. . . effectively changing the name without changing anything else. go figure.)

Ah, I have DC - well, I have everything, so no surprise there. Character some time this week.

"Gimme Something To Shoot At!" -Starcraft Terran Marine

I'll be playing a USMC Recon.

(I'd say Force Recon but apparently somewhere after Operation Restore Hope they folded Force Recon and Recon into one group. . . effectively changing the name without changing anything else. go figure.)

Ah, I have DC - well, I have everything, so no surprise there. Character some time this week.

Very cool... Gunny :D

Sweet! I'm not sure if I'll have a lot of time tomorrow' date=' but over the next few days I should be able to get it finished.[/quote']

I just sent your character... let me know if you have any questions or I can help in any way :D

BTW the name on the character is just a place holder you can change his name to anything you want :D

I personally prefer the RTF ones. ;)
I wonder why? :rolleyes:

:D

In regards to my character, the idea is still morphing around in my brain. I'm thinking a conceptual cross between Michael Weston from Burn Notice and Scully from X-Files. I figure the team needs some sort of combat medic type.

I'll send Starwolf a preliminary here this evening.

You wouldn't need the everyman skill if you paid points for it.

You can get Export Formats from the Hero Designer Vault if you HDv3. Log on to http://herodesigner.net and go to Exports. I personally prefer the RTF ones. ;)

Heh... he was trying to send me the actual HDC, and didn't know it was the file, not an export. Between us we helped him out. I need the HDC files when everyone is done so that I can utilize HD for movement charts :)

In regards to my character' date=' the idea is still morphing around in my brain. I'm thinking a conceptual cross between Michael Weston from [i']Burn Notice[/i] and Scully from X-Files. I figure the team needs some sort of combat medic type.

I'll send Starwolf a preliminary here this evening.

Sounds great, I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with. I will post a basic equipment load prefab sometime tomorrow. The Resource points I mentioned earlier, can be spent on any "non-super" equipment from Hero or custom designed real world equipment. Also note that RP's apply to Active Point Cost, not Real Cost and for game purposes are only for starting equipment. I am sure that over time the group will accumulate other equipment. I will also post the teams, vehicles, they are a pair of Heavily modified M113 APC's :eg:

I am also going to assign each player a piece of "Signature Equipment" but these item's I am waiting to see the final character before I make up my mind as to exactly what the item(s) are. I will then let the player know in private.

I already have a GREAT arch-nemisis for the team too (thanks Solron :thumbup: )...

I need to start playing with Dunjinni... I downloaded GOBs of map goodies for maptools from RPGMaps, and I can't wait. Live Earth is coming in handy too.

I am stoked :D

Hmm... well since I don't have your e-mail addy' date=' here's the upload :)[/quote']

Well, for future reference you can e-mail me through my profile. ;)

Got it and I'll get to work on my character... sometime...

Have to sleep now, though... driving to the bay area again tonight...

I'm sure as a player Nol you'll have a clown or two in your pocket.......or is that a trick or two up your sleeve. Don't worry though my arch nemisis will hate you equally.....Trust me!!:sneaky:
Oh cool' date=' then in the best tradition of post-apoc fun, we'll face Randall Flagg from [i']The Stand[/i]! :) Don't worry, I'll keep throwing out sarcastic replies all night. Well part of the night. Maybe as it strikes me.

Starwolf, I sent you my preliminary draft of my character. Let me know how it looks from the GM perspective.

The Walkin' Dude is Randall Flagg, which you probably knew.

The Lord Humongous is the leader of the biker gang in The Road Warrior.

Ah ha. In earnest I never read the Stand. I read about Flagg in the foreword of another book. He was also mentioned in at least one of the Dark Tower books.