New Power - "Eternal"

JojoCrako

Hi Everybody -

I'm new to the forum, and just recently returned to Hero Games (I played back in the 80's a bit). I'm trying to define a new power, and I'm not sure how. (Please forgive me if an answer to this is already in the literature somewhere.)

So I'm setting up a campaign where the master villian is 'Eternal'. That's not immortal, mind you, but eternal. The difference being that an eternal can be killed - shot, stabbed, drowned, etc. He just doesn't age. So I'm thinking my master villian is a Moriarty type from way-back-when, bent on world domination (a real mustache twirling evil-doer).

So, do I assign some special power that prevents aging? Do I just ignore the power, assign him a boat-load of skills (from vast experience) and contacts?

It's a low-powered campaign, where each PC has one dominant super power, or several small ones, but for the most part each relies on skills (and player wits) rather than energy beams and super strength. Basically, my master villian doesn't have to be cosmic, just evil.

So, any thoughts are welcome.

Jojo Crako

Re: New Power - "Eternal"

So' date=' do I assign some special power that prevents aging? Do I just ignore the power, assign him a boat-load of skills (from vast experience) and contacts?[/quote']

Are you using the current edition?

In any case, the power you want is under Life Support.

I would generally throw in Immunity to Disease as well as not Aging.

Of course since these powers rarely have any in game effect, you could just as easily ignore them and just say that he doesn't age. ;)

Since he is an NPC, though, there isn't any reason not to just write them on his character sheet. After all, NPCs have exactly as many points as the GM wants them to have...

In any case, the power you want is under Life Support.

I would generally throw in Immunity to Disease as well as not Aging.

Of course since these powers rarely have any in game effect...

Other than as the occasional defense against NNDs...

Since he is an NPC, though, there isn't any reason not to just write them on his character sheet. After all, NPCs have exactly as many points as the GM wants them to have...
Although the point value is a decent way of guaging how a villain stacks up against a single hero.

As mentioned, Life Support is what you want. Logically, a character that's been around forever and a day will have a huge list of skills. Looking around the boards for some of the super-skills constructs would be a good idea too, for those skills he's preternaturally good at.

Welcome to the boards, by the way.