Need help finding dice roller

Bud Gray

I'd like to find some way to roll 3d6 a few hundred time so I can print out a list. That way as I'm running a game I can do secret rolls by just checking off something I pre-rolled rather than having the players hear me rattleing dice behind the screen. Is there a dice roller out there that will help? Thanks in advance.

Re: Need help finding dice roller

Had some minor problems getting this to email results to me, but it does give results:

http://www.openroleplaying.org/tools/dieroller/

This one seemed to work better:

http://fantasyherald.com/jack/dice/index.php?witch=gen_roller

NB - I have no idea how these were coded, so I won't even begin to attest to the randomness of the actual rolls.

Edit - found out that the second one can only give 500 results at a time. Might have to write one of my own to fix that. . . .though I'll probably put in a cut-off at some reasonable point, like 10,000 or so.

Re: Need help finding dice roller

Have you tried just programming a spreadsheet with a random number generator? IIRC it's something like =randbetween(1' date='6) in Excel for a random number between 1 and 6...[/quote']

I thought about that too - but I vaguely recall being disappointed with the results when I last did that in Excel. (I was bored at work one day, and so wrote up something to give me a couple thousand 3-18 results, and I don't recall that it looked quite like the bell curve that it should have.)