Something on sense rolls

JmOz

Wondering what people think about adopting the "Extrodinary Skill" rolls (Roll -10 to do the imposible like use breakfall to save your life while falling out of a plane) to perception rolls, I'm thinking some of the Daredevil type tricks of feeling the ink on paper or smelling the "Odorless gas", not necesarily the sonar or things like that

Re: Something on sense rolls

Wondering what people think about adopting the "Extrodinary Skill" rolls (Roll -10 to do the imposible like use breakfall to save your life while falling out of a plane) to perception rolls' date=' I'm thinking some of the Daredevil type tricks of feeling the ink on paper or smelling the "Odorless gas", not necesarily the sonar or things like that[/quote']

If you want simple, truncated designs, this is the best way to go. You might consider house-ruling penalty skill levels for this instead, however. Otherwise you might end up with a character who never misses anything - not because its in concept, but because his perception roll is pumped up beyond all recognition to deal with potential penalties. Daredevil, for instance, rarely misses anything, but even so, I think the writer's have him miss things more often than a player rolls a natural 18. I'd probably give him a 16- PER Roll and large number of PSLs. On the other hand, if you don't think an essentially infallible PER roll will be a plot killer, then PER 30- could do it just as easily.

Re: Something on sense rolls

Or make use of Discriminatory to tell the difference between a piece of paper with ink on it and one without by touch, or to tell all the spices in a meal by taste, or to distinguish caliburs of gunshots (and perhaps identify them). Using Discriminatory also makes it easier to distinguish between a character who gets lucky (makes a roll by 10+) and one who is highly perceptive (buys Discriminatory).