Obakemono - A Gaijins Guide To The Fantastic Folk Monsters Of Japan

JohnTaber

Re: Obakemono - A Gaijins Guide To The Fantastic Folk Monsters Of Japan

Yes, it's been brought up here a couple of times. Some of these creatures don't appear in most of the prepackaged compilations that one might have access to, although the site cites the sources it draws all of them from. The illustrations are the real fun IMHO.

Click on "Random" in the pagetop toolbar to bring up all manner of bizarre surprises. :)

I guess you'll just have to write a 3rd one to fill in the gaps you missed. Since Gencon where I picked up Ninja Hero and AB2, I've been threatening the group with a Japanese Fantasy game sometime in the near future. After playing Okami recently and flipping around that website it seems pretty clear that the fates want me to get something going.

I guess you'll just have to write a 3rd one to fill in the gaps you missed. Since Gencon where I picked up Ninja Hero and AB2' date=' I've been threatening the group with a Japanese Fantasy game sometime in the near future. After playing Okami recently and flipping around that website it seems pretty clear that the fates want me to get something going.[/quote']

Thanks! :thumbup:

I guess you'll just have to write a 3rd one to fill in the gaps you missed. Since Gencon where I picked up Ninja Hero and AB2' date=' I've been threatening the group with a Japanese Fantasy game sometime in the near future. After playing Okami recently and flipping around that website it seems pretty clear that the fates want me to get something going.[/quote']

Then it's doubtless fate that's leading me to direct you to Mark "Markdoc" Doherty's marvelous Sengoku HERO web sourcebook: http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/9529/Gaming_stuff/Sengoku/sengoku_front_page.html