Some Throw Questions

Willow

So, I'm reading up on the Martial Throw maneuver, and variants on throwing.

How fast does a thrown object move? Does it land at it's destination immediately? When the Martial Throw refers to the victims velocity/5, does it refer to this distance, or the velocity the victim was traveling at when he was thrown?

Re: Some Throw Questions

So, I'm reading up on the Martial Throw maneuver, and variants on throwing.

How fast does a thrown object move? Does it land at it's destination immediately? When the Martial Throw refers to the victims velocity/5, does it refer to this distance, or the velocity the victim was traveling at when he was thrown?

Velocity the victim was traveling.

Most common use in superhero setting is when a flying-brick attempts moveby/movethrough vs. martial-artist with held action.

The Throw maneuver is a half-Phase attack action, once you use it your actions are over for the Phase. Once you throw the victim it is assumed that they complete their involuntary flight and land during the same Phase that they are thrown. At least that is how I understand and have always played it.

Yeah, everything is resolved before the next character's Phase. I've occasionally had players (as well as myself) aim the throw at a hex in the air, rather than on the ground. This doesn't get a further throw, but keeps the target in the air longer as they start to fall after "landing".