Stoopid Question TIme: Desolid Corridor

Would Desolid bought Continuous Uncontrolled Usable as Attack AoE: Line create a "Desolid corridor" through solid material that may be passed through freely by any number of others for the duration of the power effect, or would this not be a legal construct to achieve such an effect?

Would some version of Gate or a Strange IPE Tunnel be a better way to construct such an effect?

Opinions?

Sounds good. I take it you are intending that the wall or whatever becomes desolid, rather than the those using it? That sounds like a Lim on a UAA Power. Or a lesser value on UAA. I don't have the book handy: IIRC, UAA is a +1. At that level, it can be used as an attack to make others Desolid (great for taking someone out of a fight). However, being able to affect inanimate objects only is not as useful and would therefore be a +1/2. Adjust if my original estimation of the Advantage was wrong.

Don't be afraid to define new Advantages that are variations on existing ones. The rules are there to enable you, not be a straitjacket. As long as the cost comes out OK, and it can be countered by someone with an appropriate power in a appropriate way, design it and press on. Just because it doesn't fit neatly into an existing category is irrelevant.

The Tunnelling UBO can be workable as well. However, the Desolid wall may have other ramifications. For instance, can someone shoot you through the wall while it is Desolid/the tunnel is there? Which construct reflects that sort of thing better? Etc.

Im trying to convert Passwall from 3e. Last night I ended up going with an IPE Tunneling, with a -0 SE causing the tunnel to disappear after a certain amount of time.

However Im not really happy with it as it doesnt really seem to capture the feel that I want. Its functional, but not satisfying ;)

What I think would be a really cool effect is if you could make a corridor in which everything is desolid, but not visibly so. Thus, within the corridor anything could be walked thru by anything else, but this isnt obvious to the naked eye. You could use this to make secret entrances and the like, as opposed to Tunneling which just bores a hole straight thru.

What I think would be a really cool effect is if you could make a corridor in which everything is desolid, but not visibly so. Thus, within the corridor anything could be walked thru by anything else, but this isnt obvious to the naked eye. You could use this to make secret entrances and the like, as opposed to Tunneling which just bores a hole straight thru.

But you could make a secret entrance by building a real gate/tunnel and putting a nice fat Independent Image on it.

Also, don't desolid items & characters by default affect other desolid items & characters? So technically walking through this desolid corridor would end up being like walking through any other corridor, except you couldn't see where you were going (which does have quirky possibilities...).