Teen Champions - Sacramento

Super Squirrel

I'm back to running again. After nearly a year's hiatus of Gamemastering and nearly three years since I touched a Superheroic game, I'm gearing up to star a new game. . . with a twist.

Teen Champions - Sacramento is a campaign set in the Champions Universe. For several years, the Chester School for Teens has secretly trained one or two superpowered teens at the private school. Now, the City of Sacramento (or a Private Investor, I'm not decided on this yet) is funding the school so that a superhero group can be formed.

The school's superheroic program has 15 students (12 NPCs and 3 Players) in addition to its normal student body of approximately 3,000 students. The Superheroic program is a two year program for Juniors and Seniors where they will be given in depth training to be a proper superhero with superb control over their powers.

The campaign itself is being run in a very interesting way. The game is run completely on Sidekick. There are four semesters to the game each semester is a different Act. The final session to the game is "Graduation Day". After graduation all players get to rebuild their characters to the full Hero System Rules and continue as a full fledged Superheroic character.

The four acts are:

- A New School Year Begins

- Teamwork Drama

- The Downfall of XXXXXXXX.

- Countdown to Graduation

Yes, the third act's title is intentionally concealed. :)

Watch this site for updated information:

http://teenchampions.googlepages.com/home

Re: Teen Champions - Sacramento

Is this going to be a FtF or PBEM game SS?
SS? What style is that? (Though if SS is SuperSquirrel, then um, nevermind.)

If you're by chance running this on HeroCentral, I'd love to apply. :yes: If you're teasing us with a home game, then shame, :tsk: shame on you.

SS? What style is that? (Though if SS is SuperSquirrel, then um, nevermind.)

If you're by chance running this on HeroCentral, I'd love to apply. :yes: If you're teasing us with a home game, then shame, :tsk: shame on you.

You could always move to the Asheville/Arden area. :)

I never thought of a Hero Central game. It is worth considering doing at some point. Though it wouldn't be Sacramento if I did though. :)

Google yourself a map of Sacto. Examine the area north of the American River, south of Fair Oaks boulevard, within a couple of miles of Watt Avenue. That's the High Rent District, with expensive homes, exclusive schools, and access to parks all along the river, in case your teens want to play hookey.

Google yourself a map of Sacto. Examine the area north of the American River' date=' south of Fair Oaks boulevard, within a couple of miles of Watt Avenue. That's the High Rent District, with expensive homes, exclusive schools, and access to parks all along the river, in case your teens want to play hookey.[/quote']

There's also the Fabulous Forties, the houses around the 4000 blocks east of the capitol building itself.

I already had a print out. I dug it up and have a link for you.

Witter Ranch Park

That is brand new housing in that area. It is also smack dab in the middle of a flood plain. It used to all be farm land until some one got the bright idea to build houses there. Supposedly they have constructed it to handle any flood, but I'm taking a wait and see attitude. The levies in that area are the second worst in the nation supposedly.

There's a future adventure idea for ya. ;)

Other fun things around Sacramento:

Glow in the Dark Park, the site of Sacramento's now decommissioned nuclear reactor. Notice the twin towers in the center of the map.

Here is an actual picture of Rancho Saco (the name of the nuclear reactor). The next pic in the set is someone wind surfing on the lake next to it. The lake and immediate area is a popular family recreation area. Picnic tables, gazebos, swimming, etc.

Here is an actual picture of Rancho Saco (the name of the nuclear reactor). The next pic in the set is someone wind surfing on the lake next to it. The lake and immediate area is a popular family recreation area. Picnic tables' date=' gazebos, swimming, etc.[/quote']

Um, what pictures? :)

Where I work - not too far from the area. If you need some pics, I may be persuaded to swing by whatever area you need and take some shots for you.

Sac City College - The nearest college to your area.

By the way, both these locations look very different now. There is a bridge in front of my work and the college has a new parking garage with the parking lot laid out very differently.

Here is an actual picture of Rancho Saco (the name of the nuclear reactor). The next pic in the set is someone wind surfing on the lake next to it. The lake and immediate area is a popular family recreation area. Picnic tables' date=' gazebos, swimming, etc.[/quote']

Rancho Seco. Pronounced "SAY-ko."

http://smud.org/about/recreation/rancho.html

It's now Rancho Seco Park. "Glow in the Dark" to natives. :D

:eek: Is that a freakin' skull and cross-bones painted on the street (Del Paso Rd) in front of the building? How bad are the drivers there? :confused::help:

:rofl: ROFLMAO!!! :thumbup: That was funny.

Yea, that does look like a skull and crossbones doesn't it. :lol:

Actually that is a railroad crossing symbol that is badly blurred. If you look over to the the left next to the levee you'll see the railroad tracks. As I mentioned above, there is now a bridge in front of my work. The bridge goes over those tracks and the levee.

Now that explanation given, it is ironic that there have been at least two accidents right at that intersection. One was a car thief crashing into a power pole trying to outrun cops and someone else losing control control of a truck and crashing into the bus stop. So the question is actually reasonable and ironic.