Amazing Lightsaber Duel

keithcurtis

Re: Amazing Lightsaber Duel

"Impressive."

"Most Impressive."

I liked how Dorkman fought Ryan one-handed for most of the duel. I remember reading on the Star Wars site that there was supposed to have been a scene in Attack Of The Clones where Ki-Adi-Mundi (the "conehead" Jedi) used his lightsaber one-handed--now I know what that might have been like.

The bit where Dorkman got his glasses broken was a nice touch too.

For the record, I liked all the lightsaber action, both in the prequels and the originals. The Revenge Of The Sith duels were, to my mind, really nifty--especially the scenes with Palpatine/Darth Sidious, which I wasn't expecting. (Would you carry a weapon around if you could toss around lightning bolts like they were Frisbees? Would you?)

For the record, I liked all the lightsaber action, both in the prequels and the originals. The Revenge Of The Sith duels were, to my mind, really nifty--especially the scenes with Palpatine/Darth Sidious, which I wasn't expecting. (Would you carry a weapon around if you could toss around lightning bolts like they were Frisbees? Would you?)

Yeah, its always good to have a backup. Especially when there are little green freaks running around who can catch it and toss it back.

Two or three guys with homemade equipment outdo Lucasfilms in terms of choreography. This was a lot more dramatic than the outrageous wu xia stuff we were given in Ep's I-III. At least you can follow the action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuS9OAE7j0c

Keith "fun" Curtis

Seen this before. Very well done!

thought you guys might want to know they have done
its if anything even better

That beats, hands down, just about any fight I saw in the Prequels.

I like the use of HTH techniques along with the lightsabers, and the property damage effects!

That beats, hands down, just about any fight I saw in the Prequels.

I like the use of HTH techniques along with the lightsabers, and the property damage effects!

It was better than the prequel fights, and they did a good job working in the environment. I don't know what I think about the tone, though. It makes me think of Sin City more than Star Wars.

• 2 weeks later...