Best Pre-5th Edition Material?

Dr. MID-Nite

Re: 50th Post

Piercing (from Champions III) used to be a power that subtracted the Piercing value from a target's defense (and Piercing had to be bought against a specific defense' date=' like non-resistant PD) [i']before[/i] the effects of the attack power that Piercing was associated for.

Hmmm... these days, I'd probably write it up as a Suppress, and use the Standard Effect rule (though there is probably a better way to design it, if I look closer).

While I was originally gonna just comment of the stench of gravemold (some serious Thread Necromancy goin' on here), I fell it's worth nothing that Piercing does exist in 5th edition. It returned in Dark Champions.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 50th Post

While I was originally gonna just comment of the stench of gravemold (some serious Thread Necromancy goin' on here)' date=' I fell it's worth nothing that Piercing does exist in 5th edition. It returned in Dark Champions.[/quote']

Oh? Haven't really seen that book yet myself, I'll have to see how the current version works then. (If too many more old powers & advantages come back we might start seeing those 3d6 Armor Piercing/Piercing/Penetrating RKAs again.)

Thank'ee for the information, these days the game is almost as bad as D&D in that there's always something one missed in yet another book somewhere. :P

Re: Best Pre-5th Edition Material?

I took a look at the 5th ed. version of the power, and the only real change is that buying Piercing vs. Flash Defense got a little cheaper (3 pts per point, instead of 5).

I had seen the article in Digital Hero #13, but had forgotten about it by the time I got myself onto these boards. (Oops) :P