My Dependence is also my Susceptibility

Sociotard

CARGN: Because, if you do, you'd know this mutant's weakness... that his Scarran half loves the heat... thrives in heat... craves heat.... But, his Peacekeeper half is destroyed by that same warmth.

--Farscape

--"LOOK AT THE PRINCESS, PART 3: The Maltese Crichton"

I like challenging characters to play. I was thinking about the nasty combination of needing something that also hurt you. I was specifically thinking about a Treant-Troll crossbreed character who needed sunlight but was also hurt by it, but I'm not sure how to model such a thing.

Thoughts?

Re: My Dependence is also my Susceptibility

"A Troll raiding party did some terrible things, and I'm using the star-trek "if they're both sentient, they can interbreed" convention."

There aren't words... who was the female??? if the ent was ...all I can say is small and hasty indeed

Re: My Dependence is also my Susceptibility

Well obviously your character doesn't turn to stone in the sunlight or he (it?) would have a darn short career as an adventurer. So the question is what does happen to him?

I would give him Dependence on sunlight per usual rules. Then give him a Susc. 3d6 Suppress vs. STN or STR or whatever while in sunlight. That way he still has to stand outside to photosynthesize but he won't do it longer than he has to.

People who are too big for their britches will be exposed in the end.