Chariot of the God of Taxi drivers

Grimble

Hey Herophiles!

I am hoping for some more help. I need a cool ride for the Blind God of Taxi Drivers. With his divine cab he can take people to where ever they need to go. Where ever. ANYWHERE! And, I do mean anywhere.

How would you write this up? VPP? Movement EC? Multipower?

Let me know, please.

Grimble

Re: Chariot of the God of Taxi drivers

Actually, Yes and no. My PCs have just hired the Blind God of Taxi Drivers to be on their superteam's Beta Team. I want to actually write up the cab so I don't have to keep fudging it.

Grimble

Give him "Detect Where my Passengers Need to Be" with Targeting and about +22 or so telescopic. Now he has a lock on wherever in the world they need to be. Give the cab Megascale Teleport to the 10,000 km level, enough to get anywhere on Earth on a straight line (as T-port doesnt worry about the curvature of the Earth). Add XDM perception to the Detect and XDM Movement to the cab if he needs it.

I once created a character whose concept was the ability to go anywhere.

As I recall, I used a Multipower of movement abilities. In those days, we didn't have Megascale either, but now of course you could include several levels of Mega slots.

Desolidification, to get through barriers. Also to keep the characters from being attacked while in the cab.

Life Support.

Don't forget Faster than Light Travel, unless you want to buy enough Megascale Teleport to take you to the Ends of the Known Universe :eek:

That's assuming of course that this is a Cosmic Blind God of Taxi Drivers. If He's only Blind God of the Taxi Drivers of Earth, maybe he can only go to any place that a terrestrial Taxi has ever been (including anything that could, by a long stretch, be considered a "Taxi" - including for example those baskets carried in the Himalayas on the backs of muscular sherpas that pilgrims can ride in, the gondolas of Venice, chartered aircraft......maybe even Earth Orbit is reachable, given that a few millionaires have paid to be "space tourists"...)

Lucius Alexander

How is the Palindromedary written up? I don't know, it won't let me look at the character sheet!

Give him "Detect Where my Passengers Need to Be" with Targeting and about +22 or so telescopic. Now he has a lock on wherever in the world they need to be. Give the cab Megascale Teleport to the 10' date='000 km level, enough to get anywhere on Earth on a straight line (as T-port doesnt worry about the curvature of the Earth). Add XDM perception to the Detect and XDM Movement to the cab if he needs it.[/quote']

Not anywhere on Earth. ANYWHERE! The Taxi-Man already took an alien character back to her home galaxy and planet to get a few creature comforts and a new set of armor. I want it to be able to go to other dimensions and alternate Earths.

Grimble

I'm thinking the most efficient buy would be 45pts of Extra-Dimensional: Any physical location in any dimension. Seems to work the best for what I'm after and the special effect of weird images out the windows in the transition between locations.

I'm also giving the cab a transdimensional radio. What else would you put in the taxi of a god? I mean, besides a beaded seat cover for the drivers seat.

Grimble

Not anywhere on Earth. ANYWHERE! The Taxi-Man already took an alien character back to her home galaxy and planet to get a few creature comforts and a new set of armor. I want it to be able to go to other dimensions and alternate Earths.

Grimble

I'm thinking the most efficient buy would be 45pts of Extra-Dimensional: Any physical location in any dimension. Seems to work the best for what I'm after and the special effect of weird images out the windows in the transition between locations.

If you really want to do it 100% by the rules, with no hand waving, that's much trickier. Even with EDM, you're officially supposed to have a clear idea where you're going, and if you can't target the location then you can miss.

It's legal to apply Megascale to senses. Megascale "Detect Jump Target Location" would probably work, with the Extradimensional adder. Maybe give him two enhanced senses, one for locations within 1 KM and the other with absurd megascale that may be scaled down for locations on the other side of the galaxy.

If you really want to do it 100% by the rules, with no hand waving, that's much trickier. Even with EDM, you're officially supposed to have a clear idea where you're going, and if you can't target the location then you can miss.

It's legal to apply Megascale to senses. Megascale "Detect Jump Target Location" would probably work, with the Extradimensional adder. Maybe give him two enhanced senses, one for locations within 1 KM and the other with absurd megascale that may be scaled down for locations on the other side of the galaxy.

I am going to give him Universal AK. On his sheet it is written as Universal Taxi Driver 35-. He pretty much would know the destination. Targeting, hmm. I'll have to add transdimensional.

What about just adding a +1/2 advantage Safe ExtraD Movement. Like teleportation.

Grimble

I am going to give him Universal AK. On his sheet it is written as Universal Taxi Driver 35-. He pretty much would know the destination. Targeting, hmm. I'll have to add transdimensional.

What about just adding a +1/2 advantage Safe ExtraD Movement. Like teleportation.

Grimble

It's plus +1/4, and it's legal.

It's plus +1/4' date=' and it's legal.[/quote']

I know it's +1/4 for teleportation. I think if a player came to me with safe ED to any point in any dimension, I'd ask them to take it at +1/2, so I should, too. I like to keep things fair.

BTW. Thanks a lot for the help, Oddhat!

Grimble

I know it's +1/4 for teleportation. I think if a player came to me with safe ED to any point in any dimension' date=' I'd ask them to take it at +1/2, so I should, too. I like to keep things fair.[/quote']

Safe Blind Travel is the advantage for EDM that lets you safely pop into a location you can't target, and it's +1/4. 5thER, p.173. :)

BTW. Thanks a lot for the help, Oddhat!

Glad to help. Always fun to knock around character concepts.

Safe Blind Travel is the advantage for EDM that lets you safely pop into a location you can't target, and it's +1/4. 5thER, p.173. :)

Glad to help. Always fun to knock around character concepts.

Good enough. I'll buy it with +1/4 advantage Safe Blind ExtraDimensional Movement.

As a fun aside, I'd add Shapeshift (to most sense groups), 0 END, Persistent, Only to match a "taxi" / courier vehicle for a given location, No Conscious Control. Modern-day NYC, it's a Yellow cab, but if he pops up on a sci-fi world, it becomes a hovercab. Hong Kong, it's a rickshaw (yeah, I know they have regular cabs too, but a rickshaw would be amusing.) On a barbarian planet, it's a horse-drawn chariot. In the wild west, it's either a stagecoach or a private train.

"Cabbie ID" with the typical bad picture and unpronouncable name (that changes to match one fitting to the current location).

The cabbie needs a universal language talent, if for no other reason than to curse out the other drivers in the local tongue.

I'd put in a smaller amount of all movement powers (so the Yellow cab can still drive through traffic, or the hovercab can zip between buildings, or the Venice gondola can pull up to the dock, etc.)

As a fun aside, I'd add Shapeshift (to most sense groups), 0 END, Persistent, Only to match a "taxi" / courier vehicle for a given location, No Conscious Control. Modern-day NYC, it's a Yellow cab, but if he pops up on a sci-fi world, it becomes a hovercab. Hong Kong, it's a rickshaw (yeah, I know they have regular cabs too, but a rickshaw would be amusing.) On a barbarian planet, it's a horse-drawn chariot. In the wild west, it's either a stagecoach or a private train.

"Cabbie ID" with the typical bad picture and unpronouncable name (that changes to match one fitting to the current location).

The cabbie needs a universal language talent, if for no other reason than to curse out the other drivers in the local tongue.

I'd put in a smaller amount of all movement powers (so the Yellow cab can still drive through traffic, or the hovercab can zip between buildings, or the Venice gondola can pull up to the dock, etc.)

Nice touch. :)

That is a good idea, but I like the fact that the cab will look out of place in a lot of places. When he took an alien PC to her home planet to pick up some spare equipment, his Checker style cab caused much interest and confusion. He didn't react to any of the resident aliens. Just sat in the cab, smoking a stogie and reading a magazine, waiting for the PC for the return trip (Luckily, she asked him to wait).

I see it as the kind of displacement fun Dr.Who writers have with the TARDIS in police box form all the time.

Grimble

By the way. The extra movement powers are bought on top of a normal (al be it, a tricked out) Check Taxi Cab.