The Ten Eyed Man

Ok, I'm not really making The Ten Eyed Man*, but I have a question about how his powers might work. Specifically, he can see from his finger tips. So he sticks a finger around a corner and can see perfectly. In HERO terms, how? Is this normal sight bought with Indirect? Or perhaps some limited form of Clairsentience? I'm sure we can work Transform and EDM in there somehow... :think:

* Link from Seanbaby. Read it. You won't regret it. :D

Re: The Ten Eyed Man

Ok' date=' I'm not really making The Ten Eyed Man*, but I have a question about how his powers might work. Specifically, he can see from his finger tips. So he sticks a finger around a corner and can see perfectly. In HERO terms, how? Is this normal sight bought with Indirect? Or perhaps some limited form of Clairsentience? I'm sure we can work Transform and EDM in there somehow... :think:

* Link from Seanbaby. Read it. You won't regret it. :D

I'm thinking a Limited Range (1") Calirsentience with a seperate sense than your Normal Sight (such as buying Normal Sight again as the base power, costs 25 pts. as desribed on 5ER pg. 351) is the way to go.

Reasons: Claisentience is already Indirect (description on 5ER pg.352) so you will be able to look around corners, ect. Indirect only on your Normal Sight will mean that your hands will still get Flashed by single target Flash attacks, which may not make sense if the Flash targets your face.

360 degree vision, Gestures.

BTW, I read Ten-Eyed Man's origin story when I was a kid, which was in a Batman comic. IIRR, he was a security guard with a third "eye", not really an eye but more of a sixth-sense, something to do with a grenade explosion in 'Nam that got him the nickname "Three-eye Reardon." He foiled a robbery using his sixth sense, but then one of the knocked-out crims recovered enough to throw a concussion grenade at his head. He was blinded but the explosion also re-wired his brain so his sense of touch worked through the optic centre in his brain, so he could see through his fingertips - he didn't actually have eyes in his fingers, and wore gloves when he went to bed because "fingers don't have eyelids". For some reason he decided to become a criminal, and in mid-heist, was confronted by Batman.

He fought Batman to a standstill, since Batman couldn't sneak up on him, until the observant Batman noticed that, after knocking him down, Ten-Eye Reardon (as he called himself) didn't look towards him and instead swept his hand around, stopping when he pointed at Batman. He thus deduced that Reardon saw with his fingertips. Obvious, really. He also deduced that when Reardon closed his fist to punch, he couldn't see, so made sure Reardon got a chance to take a good swing at him, then whipped off his cowl and wrapped it around his fist. As Reardon flailed around, whining about being blind (I think he was wearing a glove on his other hand), Batman decked him.

I have no idea how or why I remember all that.

You might buy 360 degree vision, but I don't think you'd need to do more than that. How is sticking your finger around a corner any different than sticking you head around the corner? It just means that only your finger and eye don't have the cover provided by the building, instead of your head, right?

I think this power would mostly just play itself out with sfx.

360 degree vision' date=' Gestures.[/quote']

Almost agreed. I'd actually use the Restrainable Limitation instead. You can stop gesturing after activating the Power, but with Restrainable it's a Limitation throughout (of course, you can always buy Gestures that way, but I prefer Restrainable).