[Character] Seizure

Killer Shrike

Re: [Character] Seizure

Dunno how much less effective than the average 350 pt starting character this excellently built brickish MA would be.

I'd guess that could put a hurting on a lot of very tough foes, and be a valuable part of any team.

Frightening to consider what he'd look like with a few XP spent on his various weak spots.

Very impressive! I agree with some of the other comments though, if he's less powerful than the typical 350 point character in your game...

:eek:

I really like the wordplay in his super name. I was expecting powers that let him induce epileptic like fits not a wrestling brick. :)

Very impressive! I agree with some of the other comments though, if he's less powerful than the typical 350 point character in your game...

:eek:

I really like the wordplay in his super name. I was expecting powers that let him induce epileptic like fits not a wrestling brick. :)

Well...MA Brick is a very efficient archetype, but yeah imagine another 50 points on the character and there you go.

Specifically, the two current PC's in the campaign are Makeshift and Apex.

In this particular case, Seizure shouldn't compete too closely w/ Apex as a brick, but on the other hand should be able to challenge Apex to excel in order to prove himself the more powerful. Seizure could beat Apex in a "cage match", but when confronted with a series of challenges I think Apex will prove to be the more capable of the two as he has a broader capability than just head stompin.

This is all around a plot point for future games recently disseminated via blue booking...

In other news the large defense contractor Aesir, reported that their labs and hangers located off the five near the airport were the victim of yet another of what they claim to be sabotage raids conducted by a gang of super powered saboteurs. They have taken the unusual and media worthy tact of issuing an open call for a corporate sponsored super team to protect their facilities, and San Diego in general, from superhuman threats. They will subsidize a respectable base and support equipment & personnel. The team will be called Aegis, and try outs will be held over the weekend April 15th thru 17th (a few weeks away). Applicants will have to prove themselves vs a series of challenges framed up by Aesir's famed senior engineer and all around design genius Dr. Hans Bors and a panel of "superhero experts" including a staff writer from HERO Magazine (Paul Vorheez) and a top analyst / adviser from SNN (Anita Dales). Some combat will be expected from "potentially qualified applicants".

Started the AEGIS tryouts in todays game. There was a lot going on, and Ill get it all typed up and posted to my website soon, but the short version is, I set the stage for the tryouts, intro'd 6 nameless wannabes who were basically bounced before the first trial, another 7 that had useful or semi-useful abilities but had some other problems that prevented them from being accepted...

Questor: has total control over Questionite, Kendrium, Nuetronium, highly refined Titanium, and other very rare extremely strong metals. But not "baser" metals. While his powers are very uber, they are way too narrow and he can't do anything else. So sorry, buh bye.

Longarm: Quadraplegic in a wheelchair. He has fully invisible TK w/ Fine Manip, and can use it on anything he can see even if its via (live) television (modeled as Clairsentience only via live broadcast), but the TK has low STR, and he has no combat capable abilities.

Chatterbox: Has numerous Sonic based powers vs AVLD (Flash Defense), but all of her abilities also have a Linked Flash vs Hearing, severely crippling her usefulness. She also has a rather annoyingly vapid personality and simply will not shut up.

Murk: Has the ability to "step between" into a space between this dimension and some other, and is able to still affect the physical world while he does so with his STR and some effects based upon projecting the "between space" into the normal world, but the environment of the place he goes is inimical to life and it starts to kill him. Its also hard for him to come back -- he has to make an Activation roll to do. So he's kind of powerful in an infiltrator / sneaky kind of way, but every time he uses his powers he might die.

Kamikaze: A tweener move through speedster who generates a kinetic wave in front of himself and is almost immune to BODY damage (not so much STUN though -- Dmg Reduc Res 75% BODY Only). He actually has a pretty useful powerset, but he's got major ADD and hyperactivity issues.

Furnace: His core temperature is insanely hot. In addition to the predictable damage shield, his body is superhumanly tough to withstand his own heat, he has a major CE to raise the Temp Level around him with Personal Immunity, and brutal heat projection powers. However, all of his effects are at full strength, and the heat he projects his so hot it randomly causes secondary high intensity fires that he has no control over. Actually quite powerful, but very unstable and dangerous to be around.

Powderkeg: A former championship lady body builder who took an experimental "health supplement" and developed respectable superstrength, decent durability, and the ability to cause a kinetic explosion of force around herself with strain and a lot of flexing. Well meaning, but just...uh...well there's no polite way to say it; she's always been dumb as a post, even before getting powers. She's not Ogre's kind of stupid, just dim...kind of in the Forrest Gump range of friendly dumbness.

Anyway, then there were the 4 "ally" class supes I posted over the last week, Prefab, Harrier, Neuro, and Seizure who made it thru the screening, plus the 3 PC's Apex, Makeshift, and Triage for 7 contestants.

I set the stage for each of the NPC contestants personality wise and then handed out their sheets to the players to run as part of the initial scenario (Save the Civilians!). The player of Triage got Seizure. As part of the Save the Civilians! scenario, there was a mock park set up, about 16" x 16", there were three guest heroes from my setting playing the role of "villains", and there were 8 "civilians" mocked up by simple tracked robots.

The goal of course was to get all the civilians out of the "danger zone" and secondarily stop the "villains". All of the "villains" were between 450 and 550 points, so they are a notch up from the contestants individually. One of the "villains" was a pretty serious but vanilla brick, more tough than strong, and no Martial Arts, and was basically presenting the most obvious threat to the "civilians" stomping around breaking stuff in the middle of the park.

As most of the other 6 contestants were running around going after civilians, the player running Seizure dashed in and did a Flying Tackle on the "villain" brick and the two proceeded to duke it out for the remainder of the encounter, three Turns long. It actually proved to be quite entertaining, and Seizure held his own very admirably, even when one of the other "villains" briefly tried to assist. In the end, with an assist from Prefab's "Grow Ray", Seizure was even able to knockout the "villain" brick with his growth augmented STR and a Swept Crush.

Everyone was very happy with the character, both mechanically, and his personality (which I based almost entirely on an old Ukrainian friend of mine), and there seemed to be a split between him and Prefab on which one the players thought was more interesting.

It's always good to have an NPC well received :D