[Character] Dryad

Corven_Ren

An NPC character I have been working on for a while. I will post her plant creatures later.

Dryad

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

15 STR 5 12- Lift 200.0kg; 3d6 [1]

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

20 CON 20 13-

15 BODY 10 12-

25 INT 15 14- PER Roll 14-

10 EGO 0 11- ECV: 3

18 PRE 8 13- PRE Attack: 3 1/2d6

24 COM 7 14-

6/26 PD 3 Total: 6/26 PD (0/20 rPD)

5/25 ED 1 Total: 5/25 ED (0/20 rED)

5 SPD 20 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

20 REC 26

50 END 5

50 STUN 17 Total Characteristic Cost: 167

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Leaping: 3"/6"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Teleportation: 25"/50"

Cost Powers END

75 Wood & Plant Creation/Manipulation: Multipower, 75-point reserve

7u 1) Bark Blast: EB vs PD 15d6 (75 Active Points) 7

7u 2) Sawdust: Sight Group Flash 12d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (75 Active Points) 3

5u 3) Wood Cage: Entangle 8d6, 7 DEF (75 Active Points); Vulnerable (Fire; -1/2) 7

5u 4) Wood Wall: FW (10 PD/10 ED; 4" long and 2" tall), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (72 Active Points); Vulnerable (Fire) (-1/2) 3

4u 5) I Can Control the Very Trees: Telekinesis (33 STR), Fine Manipulation (60 Active Points); Only Works On Limited Types Of Objects Only Wood & Plants (-1/2) 6

7u 6) I Call on the Trees & Plants To Aid Me: Summon 4 250-point Plant Creatures, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (75 Active Points) 3

5u 7) Gaia's Movement: Plant Walking: Teleportation 25", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (75 Active Points); Can Only Teleport From One Large Plant to Another (Floating Fixed Locations) (-1/2)

30 Nature's Defenses: Elemental Control, 60-point powers

24 1) Nature's Protection: Armor (20 PD/20 ED) (60 Active Points); Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 6

9 2) The Healing Earth: Healing 2 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (56 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Only When In Contact With The Ground (natural earth, stone, and soil only; -1/2), Self Only (-1/2)

17 Life of the Forest: LS (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Extended Breathing: 1 END per 20 Minutes; Immunity: Phytotoxins; Longevity: 400 Years; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week)

14 Vine Like Fingers & Toes: Clinging (28 STR)

13 Rooted: Knockback Resistance -10" (20 Active Points); Only When In Contact With The Ground (natural earth, stone, and soil only; -1/2)

18 The Plants Are My Eyes: Spatial Awareness (Sight Group), +5 to PER Roll (27 Active Points); Conditional Power Only Works If Plants Are Present (-1/2)

Perks

3 Fringe Benefit: Federal/National Police Powers

5 Money: Well Off

7 Contact: Primus (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Very Good relationship with Contact) 12-

9 Contact: U.S. Department of Forestry (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has very useful Skills or resources, Very Good relationship with Contact) 12-

Talents

2 Trackless Stride

2 Environmental Movement (no penalties in Overgrown Environments)

Skills

15 +3 with DCV

9 +3 with Wood & Plant Creation/Manipulation MP

3 Bureaucratics 13-

3 Climbing 13-

3 Deduction 14-

5 KS: U.S. Flora & Fauna 16-

5 PS: Boatnist 16-

6 PS: U.S. Park Ranger 15-

7 Paramedics 16-

3 Scientist

6 1) SS: Botany 18- (7 Active Points)

2 2) SS: Chemistry 14- (3 Active Points)

2 3) SS: Geology 14- (3 Active Points)

2 4) SS: Mathematics 14- (3 Active Points)

2 5) SS: Toxicology 14- (3 Active Points)

2 6) SS: Zooology 14- (3 Active Points)

6 Survival (Temperate/Subtropical, Desert, Mountain) 14-

5 Tracking 15-

3 Traveler

2 1) AK: Grand Canyon National Park (3 Active Points) 14-

3 2) AK: Mount Hood National Forest (4 Active Points) 15-

5 3) AK: Portland, Oregon (6 Active Points) 17-

2 4) AK: Redwood National Park (3 Active Points) 14-

2 5) AK: Yellowstone National Park (3 Active Points) 14-

2 6) AK: Yosimte National Park (3 Active Points) 14-

2 WF: Small Arms

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 375

Total Cost: 542

350+ Disadvantages

10 Distinctive Features: Green Hair (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

15 Hunted: Eco-Terror 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)

15 Hunted: Primus 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

15 Psychological Limitation: Protective of Nature (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Will Not Allow Bystanders Come To Harm (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Will Not Kill (Common, Strong)

15 Social Limitation: Permanant ID: Aeryka Austin is Dryad (Frequently, Major)

20 Susceptibility: In Contact With Herbicides, 3d6 damage per Turn (Uncommon)

10 Vulnerability: 2 x BODY Fire (Uncommon)

20 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Fire (Common)

42 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 150

Background/History: The woman know as dryad was born Aeryka Austin. her parents were park rangers and from an early age Aeryka developed a love for nature. Sher was an excellent student, and in high school was involved in many extra-curicular activities, especially anything that involved helping the environment. She was aslo very beautiful and was both homecoming queen and prom queen her senior year. At 17 graduated valedictorian and also suffered a great tragedey as her parents both died fighting a forest fire. Aeryka entered Oregon State University on a full academic scholarship and by age 25 had her doctorite in botany. Over the next few years she was called to work on numerous research projects involving plants and their effects as medicines or poisons. She also became a U.S. Park Ranger and her research led her to work in many of the National Parks around the country. Just one week after her thirtieth birthday, she discovered a illegal lumber operation in Mount Hood National forest and through her efforts the culprits were brought to justice. Unfortunatly, her life would change forever after this great triumph. Aeryka was doing research in her private lab when she was attacked by one of the loggers she had helped put away. He easily over powered her, knocked her out and set he lab on fire with her in it. She awoke to find hersel surrounded by flames and she feared she would suffer the same death as her parents. She began to panic when she saw that she could get to a window but would have to move a rack of plant toxins. She quickly move towards the rack when an explosion behind her threw her into the rack of toxins and out the window. She managed to crawl away from the building before she passed out thinking that she would die from all of the toxins that covered her skin and in her blood. The toxins however reacted with her latent meta-gene and altered her physiology. When she awoke in the hospital three days later, she was in shock that she was alive, she was even more shocked when she saw herself in the mirror. Her blonde hair was now green as were her blue eyes. Her once pale skin was now a very light shade of brown. She quickly released herself from the hospital, returned home, and of course, being a scientist, beagn to try to discover how much she had changed. She quickly discovered that she could not only manipulate and levitate plants and wood but create wood & plants in many forms including sawdust. She also discovered that she could raise a defensive shield that surrounded her with a green glow and protected her from harm. She decided then and there she would use her powers to help her fellow man. She is one of the few supers on the U.S. governments payroll.

Personality/Motivation: Dryad is a very outgoing and outspoken person and is not afraid to tell you what she thinks of you.

Quote: "Nature has it's own way of dealing with evil."

Appearance: Dryad is a very slender but shapely woman, she was very beautiful before her accident but her transformation has seemed to give her an almost unearthly beauty. She wears her waist length hair loose and she almost always goes barefoot.

Re: [Character] Dryad

Cool build. A couple suggestions.

13 End a phase to use multipower slots and FF seems like a lot.

Actually a Force Field with = PD and ED for a plant creature seems odd as well. Not to mention the Flash Def. Yeah, its efficient but odd thematically. I'd probably give a Detect or Spatial Awareness to a nature spirit anyway, so sight flash shouldn't matter. I think I'd just buy Armor for the defenses though, maybe with Costs End to activate.

You could define the Spatial Awareness/Detects as her using the trees, plants, earth, and such as her eyes. If trees are alive and aware (which would fit the paradigm of this character) then she could use it's awareness as her own. Add in dozens of trees and she's hard to blind.

Just a thought.

I have posted edited her into her final draft and attached her hdc file. I will be posting her creatures soon. I will post them here and will also post both Dryad and her creatures to my heroes & villains thread when all is said and done.

Ok after wrestling with these guys for a while I give you Dryad's Plant Creatures.

Plant Creatures

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

25 STR 15 14- Lift 800.0kg; 5d6 [2]

15 DEX 15 12- OCV: 5/DCV: 5

12 CON 4 11-

10 BODY 0 11-

5 INT -5 10- PER Roll 10-

0 EGO 0 9- ECV: 0

20 PRE 10 13- PRE Attack: 4d6

0 COM -5 9-

10 PD 5 Total: 10 PD (7 rPD)

10 ED 8 Total: 10 ED (7 rED)

4 SPD 15 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

10 REC 6

30 END 3

38 STUN 9 Total Characteristic Cost: 80

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Leaping: 5"/10"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

9 Bark Skin: Damage Resistance (7 PD/7 ED), Inherent (+1/4) (9 Active Points)

50 Plant Powers: Multipower, 50-point reserve

2u 1) Club Like Hands: HA +5d6 (25 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 2

3u 2) Giant Thorn: HKA 3d6+1 (5d6 w/STR) (50 Active Points); Reduced Penetration (-1/4), No Knockback (-1/4) 5

3u 3) Razor Leaf: RKA 3d6+1 (50 Active Points); No Knockback (-1/4), Reduced Penetration (-1/4) 5

2u 4) Regerating Link: Aid Stun 5d6 (50 Active Points); Only Restores to Starting Values (-1/2), Others Only (-1/2), Conditional Power Power only works on Dryad or other plant creatures. (-1/4)

3u 5) Vine Ball: Entangle 5d6, 5 DEF (50 Active Points); Vulnerable (Fire; -1/2) 5

35 Viney Limbs: Stretching 7" 3

37 Mind Link , With Dryad & Other Plant Creatures, Number of Minds (x8), Psychic Bond, Inherent (+1/4) (37 Active Points)

Talents

2 Trackless Stride

2 Environmental Movement (no penalties in Overgrown Areas)

Skills

12 +4 with Plant Powers

10 +2 with DCV

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 170

Total Cost: 250

100+ Disadvantages

20 Distinctive Features: Plant Creature (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

15 Physical Limitation: Deaf (All the Time, Slightly Impairing)

20 Psychological Limitation: Fear of Fire (Common, Total)

25 Psychological Limitation: Must Obey Dryad (Very Common, Total)

25 Susceptibility: Comes Into Contact with a herbacide, 3d6 damage per Phase (Uncommon)

20 Vulnerability: 2 x BODY Fire (Common)

20 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Fire (Common)

5 Unluck: 1d6

Total Disadvantage Points: 150

Also I made some slight changes to Dryad so I updated her post and the hdc attached to her. Here also is the hdc for the Plant Creatures.