Minor Knockback power

Tech

Okay.. this should be simple for me to create but for many reasons, I can't think it through right now.

How would you build a power that when used, causes everyone who's close to be 'knocked back' 1"?

More specifics on it: let's assume people must be within 2-3" (10-18 feet or so) of the superbeing. Normal people may fall backwards whereas heroes may only physcially move back 6 feet or so.

I had thought of a Pre attack, only to make people move back 1" but that doesn't sit too well with me. So, any suggestions?

Just to give you something to work with: use an example of a flashy wind power that is used.

Re: Minor Knockback power

1" Teleport (2pts)

+1 Usable as an Attack

+1 AoE:radius

+1/2 x4 radius

+1/4 Hole in Middle -or- Personal Immunity

= 7 Active Points

-1/4 Only to move directly away from the attacker

-1/4 Must pass through Intervening space

= 5 Real points

- Define the UAA defense as Desolid, 3 or more KB resistance, or extreme mass.

- Special effect is that the power knocks people down.

- You could add the adder Position Shift(to prone) for +5 points(base)

- The it goes to 26 Active and 17 Real points.

(This use of teleport is blatantly stolen from another thread.)

Wouldn't the Teleport need to have extra mass bought for it, to affect more than one man-sized target in a single use? I know I'd use the same principle to determine how much Telekinesis bought AoE could lift and how far it could throw.. Otherwise Tk could be bought as 5 Str, AoE 1 Hex, and applied to every atom in the hex, giving effective throwing strength of .. well, it's a big number.

And how does it make people prone as a special effect? Prone's a substantial game effect advantage, isn't it? The position shift is one way to do it, but I'm fuzzy on that "sometimes works, sometimes doesn't" aspect.

Martial arts usable with an AoE power to legsweep/shove/trip or such could also work.

I might just go with Change Environment, myself, since the effect is to alter one facet or group of facets of the environment (distance of everyone else from the originator, degree of proneness, relative location of people in the area).

The way I would build this is AoE TK with the Instantanious duration limitation. I don't have my book with me so I can't build the power right now.

This is how I bought a "force shove" power for a character. Its a power that effectivly deals knockback without dealing damage and is legal RAW.

Wouldn't the Teleport need to have extra mass bought for it' date=' to affect more than one man-sized target in a single use? ....[/quote']

Correct.

As built the AOE Advantage only determines how far away (defacto range) the affected target can be. The number of targets is ONLY affected by the way the UBO/UAA Advantage is built.

Here's a breakdown from an old thread on a similar topic:

sure,

Examples of Variable Target "Flight":

1) Telekinesis (25 STR), Area Of Effect (4" Radius; +1) (75 Active Points) [Notes: Unlimited # of unwilling targets.] - END=7

1a) Flight 5", Position Shift* (* or any other method to get base power = to 15 active points), Ranged (+1/2), Usable As Attack (x8 maximum weight per inanimate target; +1 3/4), Area Of Effect (20" Radius; +1 1/2), Selective (+1/4) (75 Active Points) [Notes: Maximum of 8 unwilling targets. AOE + Range only means that center of AOE can be something other than the power's owner] - END=7

2) Flight 10", Area Of Effect (6" Radius; +1), Usable As Attack (x8 maximum weight per inanimate target; +1 3/4) (75 Active Points) [Notes: Maximum of 8 unwilling targets.] - END=7

3) Flight 15", Ranged (+1/2), Usable Simultaneously (up to 8 people at once; +1) (75 Active Points) [Notes: Power can be SHARED among a maximum of 8 willing targets (including owner). ] - END=7

4) Flight 15", Usable Simultaneously (up to 2 people at once; +1/2), Area Of Effect (5" Radius; +1) (75 Active Points) [Notes: Power can be shared with 1 target (or granted to 2) within 5" radius simultaneously.] - END=7

5) Flight 25", Usable Simultaneously (up to 2 people at once; +1/2) (75 Active Points) [Notes: Power can be shared with 1 target (or granted to 2) via touch* simultaneously. * Only required to initially grant power, once granted only line of sight is required to maintain.] - END=7

6) Flight 30", Usable By Other (+1/4) (75 Active Points) [Notes: Power can be granted (but not used at same time) to 1 target via touch*. * Only required to initially grant power, once granted only line of sight is required to maintain.] - END=7

further notes:

END is paid by EVERY user in the case of "Usable By Other" and Usuable Simultaneously" but is only paid by the owner in the case of TK and "Usable As Attack".