[Just for Fun] "Aging" Heroes

AdamLeisemann

Re: [Just for Fun] "Aging" Heroes

*Listens to the crickets*

No fans of the Loyalty League it seems.

Oh well ;)

Anybody want to try their hand at an Iron Age version of the starting X-Men as new Students to Xaviers? Angel, Beast, Cyclops, Iceman, and Marvel Girl?

I liked it.

But then I like the Golden Age.

Iron Age Captain America

But see there’s a secret. Captain America doesn’t really exist. He’s a fabrication, an illusion. Those news reports are all filmed on a sound stage. The man seen in public is an actor. The rest is special effects, marketing, and the simple fact the American’s will believe anything to feel safe.

*cough cough* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_American_%28comic%29

What the heck. I posted this before, but I'll transplant it here on the off chance others care ;)

Iron Age Batman aka "The Bat"- Bruce Wayne owns you. Or he owns someone you care about, and if you don't care about anyone, he'll find a way to have leverage yet. Scarred by a traumatic incident as a boy, Bruce dedicated himself to never being helpless again. Physically, mentally, and socially he must be dominant. When the law proved too limiting, he took on the mantle of "The Bat" so he could take it into his own hands. Crushing illegal activity that was trying to bypass avenues that lead monies to his table, the Bat's first act was to smash the smuggling rings of Gotham. Using his resources to spin his vigilante acts into urban legend and popularizing those actions as 'someone finally doing the right thing' he's very controversial in his masked identity. The Bat invests heavily in the League both as a means for weapon testing, and a way to insure that he will be indispensable should Superman succeed. He will make sure he's the "Power behind the Throne".

Private Eye from Marshal Law "I piss on the people and tell them it's raining"

http://community.livejournal.com/scans_daily/3282546.html

I think I'm not a fan of enough "Iron Age" Supers to properly Silver or Gild them, and characters like Tom Strong already have their Gold and Silver versions built in.

However, the Planetary Team as Steel Age WWII heroes could work well.

The Snowman - Born with the amazing ability to control the temperature so as to freeze any object at will, Elijah Snow traveled the world to hone his detective skills in order to pursue his war on crime! Recruited by the War Department, the Snowman now fights threats against liberty, both at home and abroad!

Jungle Girl - Daughter of the mysterious Queen of the Jungle Kingdom of Opar, Jakita Wagner was sent to civilization to find allies against the Nazi threat! With her jungle strength, speed and keen senses, she now fights to preserve Freedom and Justice for all!

The Little Drummer Boy - A musical prodigy, Johnny Jones wowed audiences all over the world until the night his parents were brutally murdered by gangsters before his very eyes! Taken in by the Snowman (who'd been attending the boy's concert), Johnny soon proved he could put his genius for music, languages and machines to use in the Snowman's war on crime! Now Johnny stands with his hero, fighting to make sure that no other child is ever orphaned by crime again!