question for gm

steph

OK in my last game the characters fight with a big war troll with a full plate armor: (7pd.7ed) ok one of the character is a spring druid who use the power of the wind and want to use one of is spell call winds hands (telekinesis 20str with fine manipulation) for remove the chest and stomach armor of the troll how do you interpret this .........is it a grab by or what?

steph

Re: question for gm

In my eyes a Telekinesis (even with fine manipulation) can't do anything more than a character standing right next to the troll.

Therefore there must certain locks be freed until one con strip of a plate armor.

Think of viewing angle, it may not be enough to release the locks on the side the druid is facing...

hope that helps..

...and that two people with english as a foreogn language are able to understand each other :D

I agree. In my campaigns we usually say it takes a turn (at least) for a character who ISN'T resisting to put on or take off armor.

Also, I would applaud the player for creative use of Telekinesis, but would probably tell them that telekinesis defined as "wind" probably shouldn't have Fine Manipulation anyway.

Armor is usually an Obvious Inaccessible Focus.

Inaccessible Foci can only be taken from an unresisting target, and it takes a full turn even then.

Or at least that's how I recall the rules on Foci.

Grab in combat (which is what the druid is attempting with his TK) is only an option against Accessible Foci.

Armor is usually an Obvious Inaccessible Focus.

Inaccessible Foci can only be taken from an unresisting target, and it takes a full turn even then.

Or at least that's how I recall the rules on Foci.

Grab in combat (which is what the druid is attempting with his TK) is only an option against Accessible Foci.

Always a good thing to have the rules backing up common sense :thumbup:

OK in my last game the characters fight with a big war troll with a full plate armor: (7pd.7ed) ok one of the character is a spring druid who use the power of the wind and want to use one of is spell call winds hands (telekinesis 20str with fine manipulation) for remove the chest and stomach armor of the troll how do you interpret this .........is it a grab by or what?

steph

Hmmm. Well, this is another of those occasions where you have to address what you are doing game mechanic wise rather than story wise.

You are essentially wanting to remove the armour available to the opponent so that everyone can attack that location with no armour defences.

I would say that you are looking at something like an armour drain or suppress with the all or nothing limitiation, only versus real armour and only limited location. It should be recovered entirely by the troll taking time to put the armour back on. The special effects would be the telekinesis removing the armour.

I would allow this top be built into a multipower with the telekinesis.

Doc

• 3 weeks later...

In my eyes a Telekinesis (even with fine manipulation) can't do anything more than a character standing right next to the troll.

Therefore there must certain locks be freed until one con strip of a plate armor.

Think of viewing angle, it may not be enough to release the locks on the side the druid is facing...

hope that helps..

...and that two people with english as a foreogn language are able to understand each other :D

Dans mes yeux, Telekinesis (inclure manpulation fin) est simular à être près du troll.

Par conséquent il exige de la plupart des serrures d'être ouvertes avant le troll est sans armure.

Pensez à l'angle vu, druid ne pourrait pas voir toutes les serrures.

espérez que des aides...

...et ces deux personnes avec l'anglais comme langue étrangère peuvent se comprendre.

(maybe this also helps...peut-être ceci également aides...)