Flesh otu the Deadly Dozen

Mr. R

Well with someone asking to flesh out one Superthug team, here is a request to flesh out a second from the same book. How would you add member to this team. As only 6 members were listed, this team screams for filling out.

Members:

Electra-leader, Lightning based EC with fly, FF, EB

Professor Possesser-Mentalist with telepathy, MC, and Ego Attack (causes targets to fall asleep)

Volt-Ancient warrior gifted with Immortality and the ability to generate an electrical feild around his hands. Has alot of sciences and is also the team Gadgeteer.

Blaze-Speedster with the ability to leave a trail of flame behind him as he runs.

Telefist-Brick with cybernetic arms and legs that can extend out. Basically stretching and extra running with good str and defences.

Red Tempest-Power Armour with fly, laser blaster and good str and defences.

So what weaknesses do you see in this team and how would you fill it?

Jerome

Is Telefist capable of throwing down with a straight-up brick, or does he rely on his stretching? If he's overwhelmed, is anyone else capable of handling a raw physical monster?

Do any members of the team possess a wide array of martial arts? (Not that every team needs a martial artist, I'm just mentioning what I don't see.)

Stealth/recon has already been mentioned, so how about a shapeshifting martial artist with some espionage skills?

Oh, crap, I just suggested adding Mystique to the team.

Breaking down the Deadly Dozen in terms of Champs archetypes:

Electra - EB

Blaze - Speedster

Tele-Fist - Brick/Metamorph

Voltmaster - EB/Gadgeteer

Prof. Possessor - Mentalist

Red Tempest - PA

They seem to be lacking a Mystic, a Weaponmaster, a Martial Artist, a True Brick (Tele-Fist is more of a Pocket Brick), and perhaps another EB and maybe a Checklist character just to round things out. Hmmm, this one's got me thinking...might just have to use these guys.

Brick was the most obvious omission from the list. You have a couple of semi-bricks (Telefist - awful name) and Red Tempest.

You can do without Weapons Masters or Martial Artists, but if you need someone to lift a truck, you need STR (or TK).

I am getting a slight "Silver Age" feel, by which I mean this is not a group of psychotic killers; they'd rather take the money and run, is that right? That will inform both choices of powers (no mega Killing Attacks) and names.

From my own stash of slightly cheesy characters (which I created in the 1980s for Marvel Superheroes, so don't laugh too hard), how about The Philosopher (have to say I never was happy with this name, maybe rip off the name "Alchemiss"), who has alchemy-based powers, Dreadnought (a brick rather like a powered-down Juggernaut) and the Corroder (a chemistry genius who was disfigured by a solvent he created and who used it in crimes, but refused to attack anybody with it).

"I am getting a slight "Silver Age" feel, by which I mean this is not a group of psychotic killers; they'd rather take the money and run, is that right? That will inform both choices of powers (no mega Killing Attacks) and names."

Definitely not the team, or at least some of thems. Electra is a killer and the mentalist carries an AK-47 I think. Still, change is good.

You might want to bolster VM's martial art's skill since he's been around for like 2000 years with lots of time to hone his abilities. Given that his EB has no range, this would make for an interesting visual, a martial artist with an electric punch.

You might want to avoid putting a female on there since it's noted that Electra might have pushed a member away because she was a young woman. It seems that she like being the Queen and wouldn't tolerate the competition.